Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: in game Item tutorials & patch notes

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

in game Item tutorials & patch notes

We need more in depth item tutorials IN GAME and the patch notes, at least god & item balance, viewable in game. I've been Arena slumming and had games with no Heartseeker on Ability hunters and matches where no one took anti heal (aside from myself ofc) against team comps including Tera Aphrodite AND Cupid. Not to mention the warriors who go 1/15 because they don't take any armor.

I seriously believe in depth item tutorials will reduce the community's overall urge to bash their own heads in when a new or returning player ends up in their game.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Need a guide that explains specific perspectives of building and the progression in each mode.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    As nice as it would be, I don't think that many people would actually pay attention.

Especially if they're not mandatory tutorials.

Also, they'd need to explain WHY building certain things are important.

Since it's all well and good and saying "Build anti-heal vs healers" but unless people understand its importance, especially when compared to building straight power (Which is what people generally want to do and they try and justify "Well, if I just kill them, they can't be healed!")

Why Warriors should still pick up defences, even when playing as a more damaging role (Say, Jungler in Conq or an Assassin replacement in Nonquest matches) as opposed to building glass cannon like many Assassins do.

Why building full glass cannon Ymir as the team's sole frontline god is bad and you should feel bad.

All this information and more, in a MANDATORY tutorial, that actually makes sure that people pay attention and learn something?

Since, anything less and you'll still get people doing dumb things like first item Ody Bow on Hunters in Arena. Or shit like 0 anti-heal vs an Aphro/Herc/Baron/Terra/ADC that went Devo's comp (I have literally seen that happen. Then the team was dumbfounded when they got stomped and didn't know why...).
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Since it's all well and good and saying "Build anti-heal vs healers" but unless people understand its importance, especially when compared to building straight power (Which is what people generally want to do and they try and justify "Well, if I just kill them, they can't be healed!")
    this is something i've argued with people a lot who thinks that building anti healing is a waste of slot and should be used to build extra power or pen instead
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    this is something i've argued with people a lot who thinks that building anti healing is a waste of slot and should be used to build extra power or pen instead
    Yeah, it's really annoying that people don't think things through.

40% anti-heal on say, a Hel with 200 power

Means her heals go from being 240 health (180 + 30% each) to about 144. She has 2 heals, so that's turning 480 healing into 288 healing. Effectively dealing 192 damage.

Imagine if Divine Ruin's passive was "Deal 192 true damage" how many people would be picking it up then!

It gets even better the more power the healers get (A 600 power Hel would be healing for 360 thus anti-heal would be effectively doing 144 damage per heal), also the more prolonged the fights are (So more healing), not to mention how much it hampers other gods on the team who might have bits of self healing, regen, lifesteal etc.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    It gets even better the more power the healers get (A 600 power Hel would be healing for 360 thus anti-heal would be effectively doing 144 damage per heal), also the more prolonged the fights are (So more healing), not to mention how much it hampers other gods on the team who might have bits of self healing, regen, lifesteal etc.
    yeah i've seen people complain about healers so much and herc but most healer problems would be solved if they start picking anti heal and i think brawler's and dvine's ruin can stack(atleast from what i've heard) so that's 80% healing reduction which is a hell lot but instead of going through all that stuff people would just straight up go more power to try to kill enemies and then complain when a healer would heal for 600 health

tho this have been a problem for so long i dont think it's gonna be solved anytime soon from what i hear even many pros in SPL didn't pick anti healing last season i dont follow SPL or any pros so idk myself i'm not a fan of following meta and picking up gods and builds those pros do
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    that particular game i mentioned, vs Tera Aphro Cupid, could have probably been turned around if the Kumba and Bellona that were playing frontline had taken Pestilence. i may be wrong but last i checked Pestilence on top of being anti-heal has the best flat magic defense in the game. This also comes back around to the armor on warriors issue. I'm seeing so many people building "chainsaw" Bellona like in that particular game, sometimes not even taking Berserker shield, just pure attack speed. when your warrior is two shot by a Cupid or one shot by a burst mage there's something very very wrong with your build.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    that particular game i mentioned, vs Tera Aphro Cupid, could have probably been turned around if the Kumba and Bellona that were playing frontline had taken Pestilence. i may be wrong but last i checked Pestilence on top of being anti-heal has the best flat magic defense in the game. This also comes back around to the armor on warriors issue. I'm seeing so many people building "chainsaw" Bellona like in that particular game, sometimes not even taking Berserker shield, just pure attack speed. when your warrior is two shot by a Cupid or one shot by a burst mage there's something very very wrong with your build.
    it's not wrong to build bellona as glass canon if you do your job right and die less but if you cant kill shit and dying a lot then you need to work on your build( i meant this for the guy ofc you talking about not you) i've played as full glass canon and bruiser and full defense, full defense bellona imo is a waste of her power but if you are in assault and there's no frontline then it's good to go full defense

and yeah pest gives highest magical defense in the game and i a strong defense item imo with anti healing passive added i always pick it as a frontline when i have to deal with healers it's also good on bruiser assassins like thor

Senior Member Honoured
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Its funny because back when my friends and I first started, there was no turtorial or guides online.
    Still we managed to get better at this game faster than most new players these days. People are to scared to go to conquest cause they say its to difficult lol and its to much to learn.
    I see some kind of devolution of the new generation of smite gamers, people who are afraid of learning new things.

So why does so few smite players bother learning the actually game-
    just compare it to how many who plays LoL.

It amaze me how manny people who are willing to learn to play Summoners Rift- which is fare more challenging, cause it has more contest, variety and managing.
    We have a lot of tutorials and guides about Smite for those interested.
    Smite isnt that difficult to learn, its just the people who come her dont come to play moba, they come to chill.

This might have with the direction the game have taken, Intended and not Intended:
    like smite proscene is not the same as it used to be,
    hirez ruined streaming by moving to Mixer
    the game has become to unserrious because of the way they handle, among other things: player feedback, matchmaking, ballancing and bug fixing.
    This results how I belive peopel recomend this game to new people, by telling them not to take it to serrious, because thats the impression I get when the majority plays anything, but the main mode. So the game attracts a lot of "casual" players instead of competetive players.
    Last edited by Glorfindal; 10-13-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    There should be a tutorial on items and how to build with items tutorial video. This way new players will learn better on how to choose their items that best fits the group. We have so many items, and I'm sure it could be overwhelming for new players.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!