Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Queen of the Gods | 5.19 Update Notes

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,795
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Look closely and you can actually see the guy move the targeter for sending Argus onto someone over towards Hera and then land it on the minion.
    The enemy Hera isn't next to a minion when he stops aiming. He didn't select her for a target and opted to try sniping her instead. I slowed it down to 25% speed and you can very clearly see that the moment the ult targeter disappears, Hera is not selected as a target and he starts aiming Polymorph; at which point, the minions are too far away from the intended target to be selected by mistake. Trelli pulls up the targeter, but decides not to use it at all; unless, for some reason, he tried to select Hera but the game bugged out and didn't let him.

But that's how player controlled AI works. It's the exact same for Kaldr and Nu Wa's stone soldiers.

If you're not shit, then you can avoid situations like this by controlling the AI.
    I've never seen Kaldr lock on to one target only to switch to another without provocation. I've never seen him be going after a god after killing a marked target only to switch to a nearby wave for no reason.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    The enemy Hera isn't next to a minion when he stops aiming.
    She's right next to 2 minions when he stops aiming.

He didn't select her for a target and opted to try sniping her instead.
    If the dude did decide to not let go of LMB on top of the Hera and instead right-click cancel the aiming of Argus, then Argus would have defaulted to his protecc mode.

Which, after some more testing, seems that he goes for the nearest target to the Hera he's protecting.

To which, the fault still lies upon the user for having Argus not do what he wanted (Which would be to stick on the enemy Hera)

This is the theme of this entire list of "Faults". Where, if the guy spent more time actually controlling his ability and less time yelling at it for being "Dumb" maybe it'd actually have worked.

Since, I also note, that none of the "Faults" include the enemy Hera's Argus doing something stupid.

That guy also seems like he actually knows what the fuck he's doing too.

Is there a correlation between the guy who keeps going back to look at what his skills do and asks questions about what his skills do having Argus be dumb vs the guy who seems to know how the kit and Argus works and his Argus seems to work fine?

I've never seen Kaldr lock on to one target only to switch to another without provocation. I've never seen him be going after a god after killing a marked target only to switch to a nearby wave for no reason.
    Neither have I, but the part of text you're quoting is in response to AI standing around like a lemon after being sic'd onto a god that becomes untargettable.

In which, Argus works exactly like Kaldr and Stone Bros. Where if you don't retarget (You can't with Stone Bros) or pull back then they will just sit there.

It's less noticeable with Kaldr and Stone Bros though because they die so quickly anyway, with Kaldr's 5 instances of damage as health and Stone Bros being one shot by a mere glance after the mid-game. So when they do stand there, it's usually for less than a second before they die (Compared to Argus who lives long enough for it to be quite noticeable)

If you want your skill to do something, then you have to use it.

What next, Hunters are too hard because you have to press LMB? Why doesn't the game just auto-fire at every target in range instead! /s

Heck, it's not even that bad with Argus. Since if at any point the dude pressed 4 to send Argus into protecc mode, he WOULD have started attacking other available targets of his own volition. So it's not as if you actually even need to micro every little thing he does. Just don't be a retard leaving your pet sic'd onto an untargetable god...

*Sigh*

And people wonder why shit like Penta-nunnos get through PTS... It's because garbage players manage to fail at playing the game in PTS to actually give proper feedback (Then combined by someone who's only experience of the new god is watching said garbage player fail at playing the game...)
    Last edited by Relanah; 10-09-2018 at 07:57 AM.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Well i wanted a summoner style god in the game let's see how hera does
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!