Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Queen of the Gods | 5.19 Update Notes

Senior Member Chosen BakaCircle9's Avatar
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Her passive works on ANY damage.

Basic attacks, Mystical Mail, Soul Reaver proc, Telkhines proc, every hit from her 1 (There's 2 hits from the hands and then a semi-circle near you for a total of 3 hits...)...

I didn't test, but I assume that Soul Gem, Polynomicon and Mage's Blessing also procs her passive.
    and don't tell me she is not broken after this...
    TOP 3 most stupid things i've ever see in this forum:
    she can do 1000 dmg at level 3 by just her 2-and passive
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    Her ult now is her 2 but with lower damage but same cooldown!
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by BakaCircle9 View Post
    and don't tell me she is not broken after this...
    Well, in fairness, the balancing point is that it's only damage against GODS that triggers the passive.

Meaning that in order for any of the aforementioned things to do anything, she needs to be slapping gods with them.

So, she'd need to be slapping gods while her ult is down and Argus is dead/timed out to get the CDR.

She also won't be soloing Fire Giant or Titans as she won't be triggering a ton of healing on Argus making him immortal while doing so...

That said...

She will destroy the lane she's in. Pressuring out her opponent by dropping her ult freely because lel she'll just poke and get it back. Not to mention push a wave into tower and poof Argus will take it down (Even Phoenix. Argus hits hard enough where she can take a Phoenix with a single wave)

Hence, I really see her being S++++++++ tier in solo. Building bruiser-y so that she's survivable enough to shrug off ganks from junglers and can slap people in teamfights/lane with a bit of damage so that Argus bulldozes towers when the enemy solo laner ends up backing without Teleport available.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 665
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Her 1 is kinda... unelegant? I mean those two fists... They could've done something way cooler. The knockback should also affect at least polymorphed gods, maybe in a weaker manner.
    And please, move the passive to where it belongs: in the ult's description! Don't make it look like it functions independently, that's pure laziness. As the queen, she needs something better for herself.
    This is what happens when you overhype things... She's extremely pretty and visually well designed while the voice acting is on point, but she needs a little more synergy.
    Passive: something entirely else that fits her.
    1st ability: her cone may stay, but replace that ugly rectangle thing with something else. Polymorphed gods should also receive a knockback.
    4th ability: Move the passive description onto here and it's OK for now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Purfle View Post
    Her 1 is kinda... unelegant? I mean those two fists... They could've done something way cooler. The knockback should also affect at least polymorphed gods, maybe in a weaker manner.
    And please, move the passive to where it belongs: in the ult's description! Don't make it look like it functions independently, that's pure laziness. As the queen, she needs something better for herself.
    This is what happens when you overhype things... She's extremely pretty and visually well designed while the voice acting is on point, but she needs a little more synergy.
    Passive: something entirely else that fits her.
    1st ability: her cone may stay, but replace that ugly rectangle thing with something else. Polymorphed gods should also receive a knockback.
    4th ability: Move the passive description onto here and it's OK for now.
    are you asking to buff her after ppl realized how broken she gonna be with her current passive(not to mention her abilities deal damage above average allready, i mean 75-90% scaling)? because giving her second passive IS a buff, doesn't even matter what passive it can be.

at her current stat she is not ok at all. her passive makes her use her ult every 20-30 sec with a right build and Argus can attack towers, even more she can aim him to tower manualy. you thought Sol tower damage used to be broken? think twice. Hera will deal twice of her normal aa damage to towers with Argus.
    her 3 should be more like medusa moving backwards movement penalty reduced only by 50%
    my YouTube channel

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 1,933
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    are you asking to buff her after ppl realized how broken she gonna be with her current passive(not to mention her abilities deal damage above average allready, i mean 75-90% scaling)? because giving her second passive IS a buff, doesn't even matter what passive it can be.

at her current stat she is not ok at all. her passive makes her use her ult every 20-30 sec with a right build and Argus can attack towers, even more she can aim him to tower manualy. you thought Sol tower damage used to be broken? think twice. Hera will deal twice of her normal aa damage to towers with Argus.
    Argus' attacks only scales for 40 + 30/35% soooooooooo yea.

But I didn't expect you to actually read when something is about making your one-trick look bad.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Argus' attacks only scales for 40 + 30/35% soooooooooo yea.
    mages aa damage is ~60+20%, 10-15% of mag power is obviously more, than those 20 raw damage difference, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    But I didn't expect you to actually read when something is about making your one-trick look bad.
    honestly, i don't play conquest enough to give a shit about how Sol looks there right now(and after last passive nerf, i doubt her tower damage is any kind of problem anyway). i used her as an example, i could say about Scadi back then when her ult used to make Kaldr invincible, or about Bastet with her ult, but Sol tower damage is just a thing ppl cry the most of those 3. and Hera gonna be even more stupid...
    Last edited by BakaCircle9; 10-08-2018 at 04:15 AM.
    my YouTube channel

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class

I've seen some gameplay footage of her and by mage standards, her damage is kinda sad. This, plus her low utility and the shitty AI of the pet she relies on, makes her look pretty sub-par for a mage. She can split-push, so that may give her some use; but then again, so can Loki, and we all know how bad he is.

mages aa damage is ~60+20%, 10-15% of mag power is obviously more, than those 20 raw damage difference, isn't it?
    Still takes a good chunk of power to equal a physical AA. If Hera and Argus attack a target at the same time, she can sorta act as an ADC, but his attack speed is fixed so it's not like she can suddenly become Skadi or anything.

honestly, i don't play conquest enough to give a shit about how Sol looks there right now(and after last passive nerf, i doubt her tower damage is any kind of problem anyway). i used her as an example, i could say about Scadi back then when her ult used to make Kaldr invincible, or about Bastet with her ult, but Sol tower damage is just a thing ppl cry the most of those 3. and Hera gonna be even more stupid...
    Splitpushing alone isn't enough to make a god viable, let alone OP.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I've seen some gameplay footage of her and by mage standards, her damage is kinda sad. This, plus her low utility
    I dunno...

Playing with her, she's not too bad.

Like, her damage isn't super mega awesome top tier get-fucken-rekt-Hunters levels, but it's not bad. 255 + 75% (Plus a bonus 1.15x for the double hit) and 240 + 75% is pretty okay.

Especially given that it's retardedly easy to confirm, given the low delays and gratuitous sizes of the skillshots. Like, you're not trying to land Isis or Nox skills that's for damn sure.

Low utility?

When gods like Ah Puch, Vulcan, Freya and Zeus are some of the more prominent mages...

This bitch provides AoE polymorph as a 14s CD basic ability. That's silence and disarm. Meaning, no Aegis, no damage output. Nothing but beads to help you.

That's hella utility. Not to mention, Argus soaking damage in a teamfight, bodyblocking skill shots and being a nuisance.

Pray tell, how is that all "Low utility"?

Unless you mean anything short of Baron levels of stacked kit (With his AoE heal, AoE speed boost, AoE cleanse, AoE slow+root, AoE pull and single target stun) is "Low utility". Which means that literally anyone who isn't Baron is "Low utility" because he's stacked to the gills with random crap...

Splitpushing alone isn't enough to make a god viable, let alone OP.
    You say that, but Sol has been picked in the SPL quite a fair amount purely because of her push potential. Then it got nerfed and her use dropped off.

Was it splitpushing in the sense of 4v5 on one side of the map and Sol on the other side alone pushing a tower? No.

But it was the sort of thing that Hera's good at. Which is sitting in lane until her opponent leaves and then going to town on the tower.

She doesn't necessarily need to splitpush like a Loki (Who's tower damage is pretty mediocre and relies basically entirely on his decoy letting minions attack the tower so long as he has the time to let them deal damage) in order for her pushing capabilities to make her strong.

She has good wave clear, like most mages. But she also has good tower damage, which is not the norm for mages and when other mages DO hit buildings decently, they often get nerfed and items that facilitate them get nerfed.
    Last edited by Relanah; 10-08-2018 at 12:12 PM.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 1,933
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    You're also forgetting how Sol increases her basic attack damage by 20% and gains gradually increasing attack speed, two things that aren't present in Hera's kit either.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Like, her damage isn't super mega awesome top tier get-fucken-rekt-Hunters levels, but it's not bad. 255 + 75% (Plus a bonus 1.15x for the double hit) and 240 + 75% is pretty okay.
    But there's her ult, which has pretty sad damage except over time.

Low utility?

When gods like Ah Puch, Vulcan, Freya and Zeus are some of the more prominent mages...
    All of these gods also have crazy high burst, and 3 have strong poke. I was saying "x PLUS y," rather than just "y."

This bitch provides AoE polymorph as a 14s CD basic ability. That's silence and disarm. Meaning, no Aegis, no damage output. Nothing but beads to help you.

That's hella utility. Not to mention, Argus soaking damage in a teamfight, bodyblocking skill shots and being a nuisance.

Pray tell, how is that all "Low utility"?
    One line ability is unlikely to hit many targets at once, and Argus dies pretty fast. Save for one other CC on her ult, that's not a lot; especially since Argus and his aura can't proc Iso.

You say that, but Sol has been picked in the SPL quite a fair amount purely because of her push potential. Then it got nerfed and her use dropped off.

Was it splitpushing in the sense of 4v5 on one side of the map and Sol on the other side alone pushing a tower? No.

But it was the sort of thing that Hera's good at. Which is sitting in lane until her opponent leaves and then going to town on the tower.
    I'm not saying she's another Loki. Obviously, the fact that she has reliable ranged attacks is enough to put him above his level. But just barely filling a certain niche filled by other gods who do that better is a situation you can't quite break out of just by being able to splitpush. You need a bit more, and Argus sounds like a good way to break out of that situation on paper; but in practice, he'd dumb as a brick even with the ability to command him, and his low prots make him easy to kill.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts