Thread: Toxicity in matches

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 289
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points 31 days registered

Exclamation Toxicity in matches

I've been having ever-increasing amounts of toxicity in my games recently to the point where the game is just not fun anymore to play. i've been called names from left to right and it far exceeds the toxicity seen in League of Legends.
    reporting the players doesn't do anything because i will see them literally the next day again in my matches ruining the game.

How do i deal with this and how does Hi-Rez / Titanforge deal with the ungodly amount of toxicity in the games?

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    LOL it's everyone trust me. It's really best you don't let them get to you and it's more fun if you group with clan members or friends. Telling you solo ques are not fun at times.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 183
    Achievements:
    You can report them for harassment after the game by clicking on the exclamation icon next to them in the aftergame lobby. If you've left the aftergame lobby, you can also report them from the "recently played" section by your friends list. You can also mute them in game and block them after the fact if you so desire, though blocking someone doesn't prevent you from playing with/against them. If you find nice players that aren't jerks, try adding them to your friends list and seeing if they'd like to group up. Otherwise there's really not much you can do, and unfortunately Hi-Rez has toxicity as an extremely low priority.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. I usually play nights CST time; message me if you think I'd be a good fit. No trash talkers please.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Literally the mute button. Just mute them. However if it is in fact everyone like you say, then in my experience your the problem. What are you royally screwing up that everyone is jumping at your throat. Either way, mute them, and stop crying about it on the forums.
    No you shouldn't take games seriously, however if you aren't taking you team seriously then why are you playing multiplayer?
    IGN Redscyte if you need me for ingame assistance.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Redscyte View Post
    What are you royally screwing up that everyone is jumping at your throat. Either way, mute them, and stop crying about it on the forums.
    LOL you got a point there. The conversation of chat we don't really see LOL.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 892
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Redscyte View Post
    Literally the mute button. Just mute them. However if it is in fact everyone like you say, then in my experience your the problem. What are you royally screwing up that everyone is jumping at your throat. Either way, mute them, and stop crying about it on the forums.
    And this is why the player-base doesn't grow but instead keeps going down, and queue timers are long.

This game has way too much toxicity, Hi-Rez does nothing to address the issue, if a player isn't doing something right, or is passively griefing then by all means the team should report them.

However if a teammate says "Reprot this player for Feeding", or Does any type of chat harassment it should be an automatic punishments handed out for this, if reproted and confirmed by the system.

However there is not so the toxicity goes on and on only ones doing a great job at actually punishment towards toxic players are Riot Games, and Blizzard, but smite to this day remain's unplayable due to toxicity.

And Muting players isn't an option
    , like sure you can mute them but you shouldn't have to because it makes comms much harder having to mute people then get reported for not listening to others.

Only way players advance in ranks, or learn the game to the point where playing is good is to actually play the game and learn by experience, having people always harassment others, argue about META's, and many things just drives the player-base down which is why queue timers take so long.

League OF Legends has more players, yes both games are toxic, but if I report someone for even saying to report me, I can open a support ticket and they get chat restricted for like 20 games, they do it again they get banned for like a week.

I'd like to see Smite fixed queue timers take so long that last time I tried I waited 10 minutes and quit the game.

New Member Cupidhead NosferatuPT's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Well I have been reported today so much time because of toxivity of others players towers me , calling me names from left to right, even my parents are abused, I reported them but am I the one to have to keep up just because this game is having no address towards this players.

I mean what fun or even mood to play a game or spend money on game where people abuse the report system without reason?

Is this the support we receve?

I mean I even receved warning today and I did my best in games and then this happens? there is no point in trying to be good on player base like this where the reports are automated and not even reviewed???

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    you can mute the player during matches and block them if they are messaging you after matches(this has happened to me btw)
    you can report them after match from score screen or use friends tab where you can see recently played and report from there but do try to give some information on why you are reporting them
    also if they go too extreme you can screenshot the chat and use ticket system to send your report as well
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!