Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: There's Totally Nothing Wrong With Pele.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Follower Crimson7Reaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    103
    4
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3

    There's Totally Nothing Wrong With Pele.

    I too, like to fight a tanky extremely mobile assassin that has a giant cc ability, built-in life steal, and enough damage to 100% me in 2 seconds.

    Please either nerf Pele's damage or mobility. One of them has to go.

  2. #2
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    It's almost like assassins are mobile and have high damage. Hm...
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  3. #3
    Member Follower Crimson7Reaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    103
    4
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    It's almost like assassins are mobile and have high damage. Hm...
    It's almost like I said having mobility and high damage was a bad thing. Oh wait, I didn't did I? Next time read before making a reply please. I am simply addressing the issue that Pele's mobility and damage is too high even when she builds defense.

  4. #4
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson7Reaper View Post
    It's almost like I said having mobility and high damage was a bad thing. Oh wait, I didn't did I? Next time read before making a reply please. I am simply addressing the issue that Pele's mobility and damage is too high even when she builds defense.
    It's almost like I'm well aware of what you're saying, and my point is that the assassin class as a whole is (typically) high in damage and mobility; and that you're wrong to declare that these 2 things in combination make a god OP when, in reality, they do not. Assassins are not innately OP; some are, but to say that mobility + damage = OP is wrong when we have gods like Loki, who are mobile and high in damage but nonetheless useless. Not only that, but many hunters are similarly mobile and they're ranged. If assassins are OP, then hunters are beyond broken and physical gods as a whole are an issue.

    The problem with that assumption is that you're basically saying that about half the god roster is OP, and then some when you factor in all the mobile magical gods with high damage. Whoops, that makes no sense because now the majority of gods are OP, which is logically impossible because they're setting the standard. Assassins need the mobility other classes have less of because they have short range and relatively low defense. If you're a DPS-focused character, you need a way to safely deal damage. Tanks do it by being able to safely get up close. Hunters and mages do it by keeping their distance. Assassins do it by being able to give chase or retreat as necessary using escapes or speed buffs in scenarios other gods wouldn't.

    Next time, think before posting a reply, please.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  5. #5
    Member Follower Crimson7Reaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    103
    4
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    It's almost like I'm well aware of what you're saying, and my point is that the assassin class as a whole is (typically) high in damage and mobility; and that you're wrong to declare that these 2 things in combination make a god OP when, in reality, they do not. Assassins are not innately OP; some are, but to say that mobility + damage = OP is wrong when we have gods like Loki, who are mobile and high in damage but nonetheless useless. Not only that, but many hunters are similarly mobile and they're ranged. If assassins are OP, then hunters are beyond broken and physical gods as a whole are an issue.

    The problem with that assumption is that you're basically saying that about half the god roster is OP, and then some when you factor in all the mobile magical gods with high damage. Whoops, that makes no sense because now the majority of gods are OP, which is logically impossible because they're setting the standard. Assassins need the mobility other classes have less of because they have short range and relatively low defense. If you're a DPS-focused character, you need a way to safely deal damage. Tanks do it by being able to safely get up close. Hunters and mages do it by keeping their distance. Assassins do it by being able to give chase or retreat as necessary using escapes or speed buffs in scenarios other gods wouldn't.

    Next time, think before posting a reply, please.
    IIt's almost like you can't read that I said " even when she builds defense". ofc a character is going to be strong when they build power, but building defenses and still being able to 100% someone is utterly bullshit. Next time, read the response and think about yours before replying, please.

  6. #6
    A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bro-Koro
    Posts
    13,644
    30
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson7Reaper View Post
    IIt's almost like you can't read that I said " even when she builds defense". ofc a character is going to be strong when they build power, but building defenses and still being able to 100% someone is utterly bullshit. Next time, read the response and think about yours before replying, please.
    It's almost like every god can opt into defense, particularly assassins; and Pele does nothing extraordinary for what she is. It's almost like, as literally everyone is telling you, other assassins are just as mobile, hit harder, and have more survivability. It's almost like hunters are basically the same thing as assassins but ranged. It's almost like there's lots of tanks in the game that can 100-0 despite being tanks. It's almost like you've assumed a god is OP without considering what she can do relative to almost every other god in the game.

    Next time, don't assume we're not reading your posts and actually use your head.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson7Reaper View Post
    Or you know, she blinks in, kills you in 2 seconds, then double presses 3 and runs out while the rest of her team jumps in.
    That's almost every assassin.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E



    Muh Concepts


  7. #7
    Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    697
    7
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson7Reaper View Post
    It's almost like I said having mobility and high damage was a bad thing. Oh wait, I didn't did I? Next time read before making a reply please. I am simply addressing the issue that Pele's mobility and damage is too high even when she builds defense.
    Are you that dense? Yes, that's their strength.
    In contrast, they have lower health pools than other gods, are generally single target focused, and are extremely vulnerable to any form of cc or focusing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson7Reaper View Post
    I too, like to fight a tanky extremely mobile assassin that has a giant cc ability, built-in life steal, and enough damage to 100% me in 2 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson7Reaper View Post
    It's almost like I said having mobility and high damage was a bad thing. Oh wait, I didn't did I?.
    Preeeeetty sure you did.
    If Pele builds all defense, there is absolutely no way that she's killing a full tank in 2 seconds. I'd be willing to put my entire smite profile on the line for that bet.
    Last edited by Saerireth; 10-03-2018 at 09:52 PM.

  8. #8
    Member Follower Crimson7Reaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    103
    4
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    Are you that dense? Yes, that's their strength.
    In contrast, they have lower health pools than other gods, are generally single target focused, and are extremely vulnerable to any form of cc or focusing.





    Preeeeetty sure you did.
    If Pele builds all defense, there is absolutely no way that she's killing a full tank in 2 seconds. I'd be willing to put my entire smite profile on the line for that bet.
    Are you that dense? That wasn't my point. Reread "even when she builds defense".
    I never said she was killing a full tank in 2 seconds. No idea why you would assume "me" complaining about the damage as a tank.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    697
    7
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 611
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson7Reaper View Post
    Are you that dense? That wasn't my point. Reread "even when she builds defense".
    I never said she was killing a full tank in 2 seconds. No idea why you would assume "me" complaining about the damage as a tank.
    Yes, I misread your original statement where you (falsely) claimed that she's tanky and can 100% someone in 2 seconds. Sorry, my bad.

    And then you go on to rant about how she can still 100% people even if she builds full defense, which I'm still going to bet my smite profile on that that is never going to happen 1v1.


    So, just to clarify, it's you vs pretty much everyone that has replied as well as the devs. Wanna keep fighting this?

  10. #10
    The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Patting ALL the lolis :3
    Posts
    2,564
    10
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson7Reaper View Post
    I too, like to fight a tanky extremely mobile assassin that has a giant cc ability, built-in life steal, and enough damage to 100% me in 2 seconds.
    Yeah, facing Thanatos really sucks...

    Oh wait, you were talking about Pele?

    Who doesn't get slow immunity? Who doesn't reduce her cooldowns and heal for a shit ton when she gets a kill? Who doesn't deal percentage damage so can even chunk tanks? Who doesn't have more than 1 CC in her entire kit?

    Please, just overall describing a particular god doesn't accurately portray how good they are.

    Pele has a lot of stuff in her kit, but has her weaknesses.

    She's squishy unless she builds bruiser (Like most other Assassins)

    Her CC may affect a large area, but it's short duration compared to some other Assassins whom have 1-1.6s disables.

    Built in lifesteal, if she goes below 50% life and can attack stuff.

    Enough damage to kill a squishy who didn't CC her or Aegis out her predictable burst (Since you can see when she activates her 2 and thus react before it erupts along with her 1's she'll fire with it) you know, like literally every god in the game when built for damage/bruising >.>

    Meanwhile, her biggest weakness is that her mobility is all about just walking faster with no CC immunity, meaning she's really heavily shut down by literally every CC in the game. Forcing her to only be able to actually get into a fight with her ult or blink.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

    We need more kawaii skins!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •