Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: There's Totally Nothing Wrong With Pele.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Crimson7Reaper's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Pele has her weaknesses especially against CC with her having no CC cleansing ability.
    That applies to like half of the characters in the game.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    Are you that dense? Yes, that's their strength.
    In contrast, they have lower health pools than other gods, are generally single target focused, and are extremely vulnerable to any form of cc or focusing.

Preeeeetty sure you did.
    If Pele builds all defense, there is absolutely no way that she's killing a full tank in 2 seconds. I'd be willing to put my entire smite profile on the line for that bet.
    Are you that dense? That wasn't my point. Reread "even when she builds defense".
    I never said she was killing a full tank in 2 seconds. No idea why you would assume "me" complaining about the damage as a tank.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 549
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Pele is is a high burst lock down assassin. She has some sustain in her passive that benefits well in slightly in more extended trades, but Pele is extremely similar to Loki in her kit execution. You kinda run at people and try to pick them off before you get locked down. Pele has to either rely on her ult or blink to dive the backline in team fights meaning she still suffers from being able to be locked down.

If you cant play against an assassin, you can simply try to get peel or run away. If she can catch you out, you've overextended and can be punished as is reasonable for you having bad positioning.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    Pele is is a high burst lock down assassin. She has some sustain in her passive that benefits well in slightly in more extended trades, but Pele is extremely similar to Loki in her kit execution. You kinda run at people and try to pick them off before you get locked down. Pele has to either rely on her ult or blink to dive the backline in team fights meaning she still suffers from being able to be locked down.

If you cant play against an assassin, you can simply try to get peel or run away. If she can catch you out, you've overextended and can be punished as is reasonable for you having bad positioning.
    Or you know, she blinks in, kills you in 2 seconds, then double presses 3 and runs out while the rest of her team jumps in.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson7Reaper View Post
    You literally quoted the statement in which I said it's a problem when she builds "bruiser" and no it's not "like most other assasins" because other assassins need at least 4 power items (excluding boots) to burst someone.
    That's not true.

Thanatos bursts people even when he builds tanky and goes solo lane.

Camazotz bursts people while going bruiser.

Most Rat players build bruiser and well... They burst people just fine.

Serqet recently got nerfed BECAUSE she was bursting people too much when played as a SUPPORT.

Baka and Kali just need Boots + Hastened + Qin's and they're shredding anyone.

Thor does a ton of damage without items and even more so if he leverages the free power from his passive.

Yes her free mobility that can be activated twice to stack which is the same speed as a Thanatos's Scent of Death (when moving toward threshold target) is totally her "biggest weakness".
    It actually is.

Outside of her rotation prowess, which is near unmatched (Maybe Awilix can give her a run for her money), when it comes to fighting she doesn't have a leap or teleport or any other such mobility skill to instantly get to her target (Nor something to allow her to mitigate slows/roots)

Meaning, she just walks at her targets. So is an easy target for anyone with a CC (Literally every single god in the entire game has a CC).

I can't count the number of times I've shut down Pele's because they try walking into a teamfight and then I lock them down with some CC.

Or the number of times a Pele has gone in, dropped her load and then tries to walk out of the fight and then someone says "No" and locks her down.

Having just raw speed is meaningless if you then get hit by slows and it's completely negated. Just ask Mercury who relies on his slow immunity AND his dash in order to be able to get into and out of fights.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,781
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    IIt's almost like you can't read that I said " even when she builds defense". ofc a character is going to be strong when they build power, but building defenses and still being able to 100% someone is utterly bullshit. Next time, read the response and think about yours before replying, please.
    It's almost like every god can opt into defense, particularly assassins; and Pele does nothing extraordinary for what she is. It's almost like, as literally everyone is telling you, other assassins are just as mobile, hit harder, and have more survivability. It's almost like hunters are basically the same thing as assassins but ranged. It's almost like there's lots of tanks in the game that can 100-0 despite being tanks. It's almost like you've assumed a god is OP without considering what she can do relative to almost every other god in the game.

Next time, don't assume we're not reading your posts and actually use your head.

Or you know, she blinks in, kills you in 2 seconds, then double presses 3 and runs out while the rest of her team jumps in.
    That's almost every assassin.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 932
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Which is when you beads or aegis and she can't really do anything. Her 2 is ez to predict in difference to say a loki ult.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Are you that dense? That wasn't my point. Reread "even when she builds defense".
    I never said she was killing a full tank in 2 seconds. No idea why you would assume "me" complaining about the damage as a tank.
    Yes, I misread your original statement where you (falsely) claimed that she's tanky and can 100% someone in 2 seconds. Sorry, my bad.

And then you go on to rant about how she can still 100% people even if she builds full defense, which I'm still going to bet my smite profile on that that is never going to happen 1v1.

So, just to clarify, it's you vs pretty much everyone that has replied as well as the devs. Wanna keep fighting this?

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    She's seeing a ton of play at comp level. Probably because she nearly has everything a burst assassin god ever wanted and actually isn't a half trick pony like Awilix (extrmely dependant on 3 hitting and external actiosn for her kit to function), can teamfight (unlike Arachne) or Loki (does maybe 1 thing and dies).

She can solo well, jungle EXTREMELY WELL and burst hard and moves fast and if she had a slow on her non- ult abilities and small base stat buff she'd be an amazing support.
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 10-12-2018 at 02:59 AM.