Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: There's Totally Nothing Wrong With Pele.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Crimson7Reaper's Avatar
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

There's Totally Nothing Wrong With Pele.

I too, like to fight a tanky extremely mobile assassin that has a giant cc ability, built-in life steal, and enough damage to 100% me in 2 seconds.

Please either nerf Pele's damage or mobility. One of them has to go.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    It's almost like assassins are mobile and have high damage. Hm...
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    It's almost like assassins are mobile and have high damage. Hm...
    It's almost like I said having mobility and high damage was a bad thing. Oh wait, I didn't did I? Next time read before making a reply please. I am simply addressing the issue that Pele's mobility and damage is too high even when she builds defense.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson7Reaper View Post
    It's almost like I said having mobility and high damage was a bad thing. Oh wait, I didn't did I? Next time read before making a reply please. I am simply addressing the issue that Pele's mobility and damage is too high even when she builds defense.
    It's almost like I'm well aware of what you're saying, and my point is that the assassin class as a whole is (typically) high in damage and mobility; and that you're wrong to declare that these 2 things in combination make a god OP when, in reality, they do not. Assassins are not innately OP; some are, but to say that mobility + damage = OP is wrong when we have gods like Loki, who are mobile and high in damage but nonetheless useless. Not only that, but many hunters are similarly mobile and they're ranged. If assassins are OP, then hunters are beyond broken and physical gods as a whole are an issue.

The problem with that assumption is that you're basically saying that about half the god roster is OP, and then some when you factor in all the mobile magical gods with high damage. Whoops, that makes no sense because now the majority of gods are OP, which is logically impossible because they're setting the standard. Assassins need the mobility other classes have less of because they have short range and relatively low defense. If you're a DPS-focused character, you need a way to safely deal damage. Tanks do it by being able to safely get up close. Hunters and mages do it by keeping their distance. Assassins do it by being able to give chase or retreat as necessary using escapes or speed buffs in scenarios other gods wouldn't.

Next time, think before posting a reply, please.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I too, like to fight a tanky extremely mobile assassin that has a giant cc ability, built-in life steal, and enough damage to 100% me in 2 seconds.
    Yeah, facing Thanatos really sucks...

Oh wait, you were talking about Pele?

Who doesn't get slow immunity? Who doesn't reduce her cooldowns and heal for a shit ton when she gets a kill? Who doesn't deal percentage damage so can even chunk tanks? Who doesn't have more than 1 CC in her entire kit?

Please, just overall describing a particular god doesn't accurately portray how good they are.

Pele has a lot of stuff in her kit, but has her weaknesses.

She's squishy unless she builds bruiser (Like most other Assassins)

Her CC may affect a large area, but it's short duration compared to some other Assassins whom have 1-1.6s disables.

Built in lifesteal, if she goes below 50% life and can attack stuff.

Enough damage to kill a squishy who didn't CC her or Aegis out her predictable burst (Since you can see when she activates her 2 and thus react before it erupts along with her 1's she'll fire with it) you know, like literally every god in the game when built for damage/bruising >.>

Meanwhile, her biggest weakness is that her mobility is all about just walking faster with no CC immunity, meaning she's really heavily shut down by literally every CC in the game. Forcing her to only be able to actually get into a fight with her ult or blink.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Are you that dense? Yes, that's their strength.
    In contrast, they have lower health pools than other gods, are generally single target focused, and are extremely vulnerable to any form of cc or focusing.

It's almost like I said having mobility and high damage was a bad thing. Oh wait, I didn't did I?.
    Preeeeetty sure you did.
    If Pele builds all defense, there is absolutely no way that she's killing a full tank in 2 seconds. I'd be willing to put my entire smite profile on the line for that bet.
    Last edited by Saerireth; 10-03-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Pele has her weaknesses especially against CC with her having no CC cleansing ability.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 561
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I think Pele came out pretty well balanced.

Not sure after her last bugg though, gotta play her some more
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    It's almost like I'm well aware of what you're saying, and my point is that the assassin class as a whole is (typically) high in damage and mobility; and that you're wrong to declare that these 2 things in combination make a god OP when, in reality, they do not. Assassins are not innately OP; some are, but to say that mobility + damage = OP is wrong when we have gods like Loki, who are mobile and high in damage but nonetheless useless. Not only that, but many hunters are similarly mobile and they're ranged. If assassins are OP, then hunters are beyond broken and physical gods as a whole are an issue.

The problem with that assumption is that you're basically saying that about half the god roster is OP, and then some when you factor in all the mobile magical gods with high damage. Whoops, that makes no sense because now the majority of gods are OP, which is logically impossible because they're setting the standard. Assassins need the mobility other classes have less of because they have short range and relatively low defense. If you're a DPS-focused character, you need a way to safely deal damage. Tanks do it by being able to safely get up close. Hunters and mages do it by keeping their distance. Assassins do it by being able to give chase or retreat as necessary using escapes or speed buffs in scenarios other gods wouldn't.

Next time, think before posting a reply, please.
    IIt's almost like you can't read that I said " even when she builds defense". ofc a character is going to be strong when they build power, but building defenses and still being able to 100% someone is utterly bullshit. Next time, read the response and think about yours before replying, please.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Yeah, facing Thanatos really sucks...

Oh wait, you were talking about Pele?

Who doesn't get slow immunity? Who doesn't reduce her cooldowns and heal for a shit ton when she gets a kill? Who doesn't deal percentage damage so can even chunk tanks? Who doesn't have more than 1 CC in her entire kit?

Please, just overall describing a particular god doesn't accurately portray how good they are.

Pele has a lot of stuff in her kit, but has her weaknesses.

She's squishy unless she builds bruiser (Like most other Assassins)

Her CC may affect a large area, but it's short duration compared to some other Assassins whom have 1-1.6s disables.

Built in lifesteal, if she goes below 50% life and can attack stuff.

Enough damage to kill a squishy who didn't CC her or Aegis out her predictable burst (Since you can see when she activates her 2 and thus react before it erupts along with her 1's she'll fire with it) you know, like literally every god in the game when built for damage/bruising >.>

Meanwhile, her biggest weakness is that her mobility is all about just walking faster with no CC immunity, meaning she's really heavily shut down by literally every CC in the game. Forcing her to only be able to actually get into a fight with her ult or blink.
    You literally quoted the statement in which I said it's a problem when she builds "bruiser" and no it's not "like most other assasins" because other assassins need at least 4 power items (excluding boots) to burst someone. Pele can go 3 defense items and still 100% people. Yes her free mobility that can be activated twice to stack which is the same speed as a Thanatos's Scent of Death (when moving toward threshold target) is totally her "biggest weakness".