Thread: Building Morrigan

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class

Building Morrigan

need some help building morrigan i thought of a basic build
    pen shoes
    chronos pendant
    obsidian shard
    rod of tahuti
    poly
    void stone

sometimes i would replace spear of desolation with tahuti or pick jade emperor crown or celestial legion helm as situational
    but i'm not sure how good the build is and in what order should i build them
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,343
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Replace void stone with book of thoth and should be okay only also a different order

book of thoth
    pen boots
    chronos pendant
    desolation/obsidian
    poly
    tahuti
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Replace void stone with book of thoth and should be okay only also a different order

book of thoth
    pen boots
    chronos pendant
    desolation/obsidian
    poly
    tahuti
    if i had to go for full not stacking build what should i remove book of thoth for?
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 246
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan219 View Post
    if i had to go for full not stacking build what should i remove book of thoth for?
    Bancroft's Talon.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I would remove void stone and add shaman ring. I like her to have movement speed so she can move faster, but that's just me.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    I would remove void stone and add shaman ring. I like her to have movement speed so she can move faster, but that's just me.
    Go Bumba's and become Sanic the Morrigan

In all honesty though, there are SO many ways you can build The Morrigan. Depending on where you play her (She can be run Mid/Jng/Solo), what team comps are like (Are there good targets to ult into?) and a little bit of playstyle influence too.

Like, the example that Rainbow posted is a decent "Standard" mid build. But you can also mix things up, with a bit more CDR or no stacking and getting a Bancroft, or go a Bumba's build like pros in the SPL favour.

I personally tend to go for a more Assassin style Jungle build with something like Pen Boots > Bancroft > Poly > Obs Shard > Soul Gem > Soul Reaver with the focus being stealth in, then blow a target up. With late game teamfighting being mostly just Changeling into someone who can do something in a teamfight xD

But you also can do some tankier solo builds where you build tanky/bruiser and just look to live long enough to find a good time to ult. Heck, you can even try and do a "Max CDR" build with Genjis/Chronos/Desolation for 40% CDR and all the cooldown procs in the game and try and just keep getting your ult up as much as possible.

You can also mix and match too. Build to be an Ult bot in mid lane with high CDR. Go burst Assassin style in Mid or if you're crazy, solo (Just remember to let someone soak the lane experience if you go off ganking), heck you can even try picking up a ring for some attack speed if you really wanna.

I recall having some decent "ADC" The Morrigan games back with Hastened Fatalis xD But more seriously, something like Telkhines or Demonic Grip as a single AS item could work allowing you to have a bit more oomph with tossing out your 3 basics for that % health proc. Not the easiest build to pull off (Maybe Telkhines would be easier given it still has okay power on it) but workable, since heck, 9% max health per proc isn't that bad to be fair.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Go Bumba's and become Sanic the Morrigan

In all honesty though, there are SO many ways you can build The Morrigan. Depending on where you play her (She can be run Mid/Jng/Solo), what team comps are like (Are there good targets to ult into?) and a little bit of playstyle influence too.

Like, the example that Rainbow posted is a decent "Standard" mid build. But you can also mix things up, with a bit more CDR or no stacking and getting a Bancroft, or go a Bumba's build like pros in the SPL favour.

I personally tend to go for a more Assassin style Jungle build with something like Pen Boots > Bancroft > Poly > Obs Shard > Soul Gem > Soul Reaver with the focus being stealth in, then blow a target up. With late game teamfighting being mostly just Changeling into someone who can do something in a teamfight xD

But you also can do some tankier solo builds where you build tanky/bruiser and just look to live long enough to find a good time to ult. Heck, you can even try and do a "Max CDR" build with Genjis/Chronos/Desolation for 40% CDR and all the cooldown procs in the game and try and just keep getting your ult up as much as possible.

You can also mix and match too. Build to be an Ult bot in mid lane with high CDR. Go burst Assassin style in Mid or if you're crazy, solo (Just remember to let someone soak the lane experience if you go off ganking), heck you can even try picking up a ring for some attack speed if you really wanna.

I recall having some decent "ADC" The Morrigan games back with Hastened Fatalis xD But more seriously, something like Telkhines or Demonic Grip as a single AS item could work allowing you to have a bit more oomph with tossing out your 3 basics for that % health proc. Not the easiest build to pull off (Maybe Telkhines would be easier given it still has okay power on it) but workable, since heck, 9% max health per proc isn't that bad to be fair.
    LMAO it was fun when Bumba had 20% cool down. I don't use it anymore now they reduced it to 10%. It doesn't do shit anymore w/o that extra 10%. Yeah it's not fun anymore with that mask LOL.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    LMAO it was fun when Bumba had 20% cool down. I don't use it anymore now they reduced it to 10%. It doesn't do shit anymore w/o that extra 10%. Yeah it's not fun anymore with that mask LOL.
    It still gives a shitton of movement speed though.

Plenty of other ways to get 30% CDR (I.e. CDR Boots + Chronos Pendant...)

Getting 35% movement speed from Bumba's is only attainable through using Bumba's or like 3 other items...
    Preferred Gods:

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Pen Boots > Chronos Pendant > Poly > Spear of Desolation > Bancrofts > Obsidian Shard/Void Stone/Divine Ruin. A little slower up front but you should be deleting squishies with a line shot > stun > AA, while doing a decent chunk to a tank.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids