Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 'Arena Mains' are a thing. Why isn't 'Ranked Arena?'

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Simple solution for a Ranked Arena without turtling, no minion waves, bomb minions every 5 kills, and tweak the auto xp to compensate lack of waves. Maybe make the buffs full 3 monster camps.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Some1Guy View Post
    Troll.

im actually not a troll at all. i actually know why a ranked arena would be a horrible thing as an arena main who has played the game since the start of season 2.

Who didn't read anything in this topic ? ^^^^^

i actually read all the replies. its just yours are completely baseless in its claims.

Little timmy don'tcha think... i would play other modes if i liked other modes.
    Other people like things you don't and dislike things you do ...

I know, its a shocking, mind blowing revelation.

Calm down now, "Here's a cookie".

oh yes, people do like different things, that is true. and the reason why arena is liked as much as it is is that its a casual moba mode from bottom to top. making it arena viable will take that away. so you can take your cookie and shove it up where sun doesnt shine for trying to talk down on people who actually provide facts to their arguments and has played more than double your time in this game to back their opinions up even further.

Insta ban for bad baseless suggestions you say ? ^^^^

yes. it would be great.

Your advice seems level headed and credible ...

cept thats not an advice, thats a statement of a personal opinion my dude.

That would figure right in with a lot of things i have observed.

shame that its quite far from truth.
    play conquest. nearly every arena main that wanted a ranked mode for it changed their opinions completely after playing some conquest. arena doesnt and shouldnt have the strategic depth that a ranked viable mode is supposed to have.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    Simple solution for a Ranked Arena without turtling, no minion waves, bomb minions every 5 kills, and tweak the auto xp to compensate lack of waves. Maybe make the buffs full 3 monster camps.
    How would that stop turtling?

No minion waves, means nothing to bring anyone out (Even if it's just a mage getting in range to nuke the wave) or anything to potentially make tickets uneven and cause a team to want to engage to get the advantage.

Minions spawning from kills, is the exact same fare as the Juggernaut and you know, turtling means no kills meaning no spawns.

Nothing to entice people out of a defensive posture.

Which is the issue with Ranked Arena. Nothing to make anyone want to give up defenders advantage. Aside from the last few tickets forcing someone to do something if they're behind or even in the current minion farming potential.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    If you want to stop turtling in Arena all you have to do is put one fountain at the 12 o'clock position and their portal at the 6 o'clock position. With minions coming out from 12 to 6. The other fountain will be at 9 o'clock position and their portal with be at the 3 o'clock position.
    12 o'clock fountain buffs will be at 1 o'clock and 2 o'clock. 9 o'clock buffs will be at 8 o'clock and 7 o'clock. If you want to get really creative and create a dangerous buff area then put the buffs for 12 o'clock at 11 o'clock and 1 o'clock while the buffs for 9 o'clock at 8 o'clock and 10 o'clock.

Minions and players will converge upon each others while going to their perspective portal/path and fight. While you could still turtle in this mode it would be extremely disadvantageous.

Probably increase the ticket count by like 100-300 though to balance out how far away teams will be from their own portal.

This basically makes it impossible to turtle. But it comes with it's own flaws which you can find in certain perspectives.

Specifically how brutal it is. This is true arena. If you get your shit pushed in you are going to lose hard and fast. Minion waves won't stop to attack enemy players camping your fountain, you can't clear your own minion wave from inside your fountain while the enemy camping you can just send one person off to get an entire wave in. Enemy minion waves due to converging the way they do will be unable to stop oncoming minion waves to their portal on the second wave like they usually do. But hey if you want a team fight mode where the team that turtles and gets their shit pushed in is punished for being bad and picking bad comps and throwing in lobby this is your mode. I personally support it. On the side note balance of movement abilities in this remake of arena is based on the total perimeter of the map. If it's bigger obviously movement abilities and increases will be more valuable, if it's smaller... Add the track back that increases movement speed for extra chaos.
    Last edited by Zaveana; 10-07-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Some1Guy's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    By starting your post with unbacked accusations of trolling, you've basically lost all credibility.
    I call it like i see it. What do you call this ? ...

while we are at it how about making it an instaban from forums to suggest arena ranked
    re:
    Insta ban for bad baseless suggestions you say ? ^^^^
    re re:
    yes. it would be great.
    Last edited by Some1Guy; 10-07-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaveana View Post
    If you want to stop turtling in Arena all you have to do is put one fountain at the 12 o'clock position and their portal at the 6 o'clock position. With minions coming out from 12 to 6. The other fountain will be at 9 o'clock position and their portal with be at the 3 o'clock position.
    This is good suggestion, even for normal arena. What I would add is to make fountain re-enterable only via Recall (so it can't be entered in combat) to prevent camping.

Achievements:
    Not really sure just because spawns are criss crossed that will force a fight.

1)
    I do like the idea of having a Juggernaut being worth more then it is currently and spawning on a timer not on kills. if the jug spawns for one side then the other. That's even better not at the same time.

Since you can't just sit behind base to kill the juggernaut it has too much hp.
    You have to come out to stop it.

This alone prevents base camping by just putting it on a spawn timer and uping its point loss value.
    Then remove the point loss value for the squishy little minions.

So this solves the problem of base camping and forcing engagements.
    This solves things cheaply with barely a redesign at all just tweeking current values.

Also this could be good for casual.

2)
    You really could just put a heat up timer for camping in your base that doesn't diminish.
    If it gets to high you start to bleed points in base.
    It doesn't even have to be strict even if it takes a minute or two to max it prevents the aforementioned tactic of camping after you get a advantage.
    To say you can't sit in base nor can you just run in and out to reset the timer.
    When dead the cooldown timer could reset for the individual.
    Take away the point loss value for minions kills or run in now, so you cant even partially wind down the timer by hiding and you have a real TDM.

In this scenario
    You solve all the previous problems without having minions bleed points or redesigning the entire map.

One side can get a lead but they can't hide in their own base anymore or they lose that lead.
    The other team can attack to even it up.
    Last edited by Some1Guy; 10-07-2018 at 03:37 PM.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I call it like i see it. What do you call this ? ...

re:

re re:
    I call it "Zec keeping it real." If he were a troll, he wouldn't have 3 green rep bars. Trust me, we've had a good number of ACTUAL trolls over the years.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    So its like hes vegan.

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Not really sure just because spawns are criss crossed that will force a fight.
    If you don't fight you will lose. People don't like losing. People will fight or they will lose. If people don't fight the other team wins. People like winning so one side will fight because people like winning.

Tell me if you need more elaboration.

Since you can't just sit behind base to kill the juggernaut it has too much hp.
    You have to come out to stop it.
    It would have to be worth more than all 5 of your team mates dying combined and then some for it to be worth contesting in base arena. It already has enough health that you can't kill it from inside fountain without at least one person blocking it but that could change with the release of Hera and her ult.

This alone prevents base camping by just putting it on a spawn timer and uping its point loss value.
    Then remove the point loss value for the squishy little minions.
    It really doesn't stop camping from the winning team though? I think you mean turtling which is when the losing team (usually) stays in fountain and in the old ranked arena would clear minions from there. But back then people just did that before they were even losing.

So this solves the problem of base camping and forcing engagements.
    This solves things cheaply with barely a redesign at all just tweeking current values.
    You're right about the redesign but it hasn't solved anything.

Also this could be good for casual.
    Indeed.

2)
    You really could just put a heat up timer for camping in your base that doesn't diminish.
    If it gets to high you start to bleed points in base.
    It doesn't even have to be strict even if it takes a minute or two to max it prevents the aforementioned tactic of camping after you get a advantage.
    Once again I think you're confusing camping with turtling and if they can still re-enter their base then they will stay in there after a fight while they're low til they die from it unless it doesn't kill them and only takes them down to 1% so they're one wind away from death.
    Just to clarify camping is when one team is so much better than the enemy team in a certain aspect that you get your shit pushed into fountain and stop having fun and start afking.

To say you can't sit in base nor can you just run in and out to reset the timer.
    When dead the cooldown timer could reset for the individual.
    So does it kill them or not?

Take away the point loss value for minions kills or run in now, so you cant even partially wind down the timer by hiding and you have a real TDM.
    So does it kill them or not?

In this scenario

You solve all the previous problems without having minions bleed points or redesigning the entire map.
    You really don't.

One side can get a lead but they can't hide in their own base anymore or they lose that lead.
    The other team can attack to even it up.
    You're going to have to clarify because I can still see turtling in this mode and what you're suggesting won't stop it, it just makes it harder.

They would also have to make up a completely new mechanic for your suggestion In comparison to moving assets in a already made up format to make a new map. Maybe they could do that with your new mechanic though. Honestly though I wouldn't think it's more worth it when you compare what it's offering for what you have to do. I'm fairly certain my suggestion could be implemented in a single day and be made into a game of the day. They wouldn't have to make anything new just copy and re-arrange. Nothing new added just editing values.
    Last edited by Zaveana; 10-07-2018 at 07:39 PM.