Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nike Buff/Gameplay improvements maybe?

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386

Nike Buff/Gameplay improvements maybe?

Hey I just thought I'd make a suggestion to buff Nike/give some general gameplay improvements. In terms of gameplay, Nike's 1 ability can be cancelled by pressing the 1 ability a second time after activation. This seems like an unnecessary tool seeing that Right-click does the same thing and results in delaying her 1 ability input for the sake of avoiding pressing the input twice accidentally.

Furthermore, her 2 ability places her in animation, again causing a delay in using the stim for her next ability. My thought is her two ability could have some effect that would give reason for delaying her next stimmed ability, such as gaining protections while active, gaining a shield or increased HPS. That way, her opponent would have to respect her in more than just avoiding her 1 ability and Nike players would have to make decisions in giving up tankiness in order to deal ability 2's additional damage. This would also help her through a tough early game in which she has pretty low survivability pre-lvl 5.

These changes definitely would result in a buff for the character, but she needs it. She has only received nerfs since her release and struggles greatly in the laning phase, especially against high dps warriors like Erlang, Osiris and Bellona. Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 225
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    The issue with Nike is that even with all the nerfs she's got, she's still the most winningest gods in the game.

I mean, overall, stats that have been recorded have her as overall the highest win rate god in Conquest. (Though she has bottom level win rates in Bronze and Platinum, 50% win rate in Platinum+ and high tier win rates in Diamond)

Since the thing about her is that while her skills are sucky, her passive is really powerful. Free stats to the rest of your team. Not to mention, it's % based stats, so high stacking/base stats are extra strong with it (So stuff like Mage damage dealers get more from the 8% power boost than physical damage gods. As well as Mercury getting super boosted with his double dipping, where he gets good boost from the 6% movement speed with his high base which his passive turns into power which then gets affected by the 8% power boost from Nike)

Also, I wouldn't say that Erlang/Osiris/Bellona do that well against Nike. Since while they have more damage than her, she disarms them with her Rend and also can easily poke and clear the wave simultaneously with the range on Rend and the fact that those basic attack based gods have to get in close to punch the wave.

It's more the Warriors like Achilles, Herc, SWK and Tyr that destroy her in lane. Because they can stun her to interrupt Rend which takes away her poke and damage and renders her 2 skills useless. Sure, she has cleave basics to help in that situation, but it's not as impactful as her Rend is.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Member Follower
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    _normal_
    fixed an issue where Nike was taking too long to jump whatever the distance , now adjusted.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    If Nike herself has to suck because her passive makes her teammates OP at higher levels of play, shouldn't they just change her passive so she can actually be halfway decent on her own? Her rend is easily interrupted, her jump is slow, and her 2 doesn't feel like a real skill since it does nothing on its own yet is basically required in order to make her other abilities halfway decent. I'd rather Nike has a shit passive and decent abilities than an OP passive that requires her to be nerfed to the point where playing her isn't fun. Maybe change her passive to only give that buff when a teammate is dead, and instead of increasing the buff via completing a goal have it increase for each dead teammate. So for each teammate that respawns the passive buff goes down, and when everyone is alive her passive does nothing. It would fit with her whole "victory" theme as it helps with comebacks. Then maybe Hi-Rez could make Nike herself actually good.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. I usually play nights CST time; message me if you think I'd be a good fit. No trash talkers please.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,781
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Nike doesn't need a buff. If anything, her passive needs to be a fixed aura and not a global buff, and her 1 needs to be a projectile so she actually has to work to land it.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 350
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    In relation to the OP, Nike is in a decent spot right now, especially with her wave clear compared to other warriors, as well as utility during a fight.

One thing I'd like to see, as Keks mentioned, is her passive becoming an aura instead of a global, however for that to be changed, imo they might have to increase the bonuses gained, even by a small amount since it'll be concentrated in one area.
    Last edited by Saerireth; 10-12-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 549
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Nike kinda sucks. Not as in statistics, but she just really sucks to play. You have 1 ability and a leap. If she didn't have the passive, almost literally no one would play her.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Hirez / Titan has confirmed that, while Nike is always on the table, they are not going to change her any soon.

Not forgotten, we talk about her all the time here at the studio as "the strongest god that nobody plays"

We really cant justify buffing her with her insanely high performance metrics. Some gods are just bound to be a little less popular than others and thats ok.
    Source

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 528
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Nike either gets fucked in solo lane because she either does okay (shes doesn't beat basic attacking warriors flat out) or is pushed to tower with no hope of ever leaving it. She can delay her clear burst auto then clear when safe or the opponent decides to forgo the interrupt and just clear but then she can be bullied, she doesn't box well or have good sustain. She basically has to clear in solo against competent foes like an Isis is clearing mid. Extremely cautious and paranoid as fuck

Her win rate is high but her pick rate is tiny so the Nike's winning are the fans of her just like the Hades players. Also many ranked players don't know how to punish Nike or end games on time. Bakasura has impressive stats but I wouldn't say he's good

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Reading this I just had a thought.

Terra's Ult used to be like Nike's Passive affecting all allies wherever they were on the map then Terra's Ult was changed to the AoE, add some adjustments and people like 'new' Terra better.

What if Nike's Passive was AoE then make a few adjustments as needed?