Thread: FUCK YOU Hi-Rez.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SirPapouille's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Two times today I got a 30 mins deserter penalty for not confirming my participation in a match even though it's stipulated you don't get a penalty for not confirming your participation in a match.

Why didn't I confirm my participation? Because for some reason, I didn't get a notification from the game while browsing the web that the queue was up. Even though I ALWAYS get notified. But not today, for an unknown reason.
    Last edited by SirPapouille; 09-30-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPapouille View Post
    Two times today I got a 30 mins deserter penalty for not confirming my participation in a match even though it's stipulated you don't get a penalty for not confirming your participation in a match.
    Technically, it doesn't say that you don't get a penalty for not confirming your participation.

It actually says you don't get a penalty for declining participation.

Which, for reasons either intentional or not (Likely the former given how it used to work pre-timed queues, but never underestimate Hi-Rez's incompetence when it comes to breaking things) it seems to be quite specific to you clicking that Decline button rather than just letting the queue time out, possibly because it might mess up the MM if there's people who might or might not be joining the pool but who knows.

Penalizing a user for something out of his control.
    This is not an example of something out of your control.

The new timed queues give you an EXACT timeframe for when the the queue will pop. Down the the very second.

Thus, you should be able to make it back in time for the game confirmation be it by keeping an eye on the time, checking back in periodically to keep track of the timer, by setting a timer on your phone or even using a browser based timer

Heck, in order to avoid the deserter penalty, you could just... Not tab out?

Sure, the notifications while tabbed out not functioning is not in your control, but there are a slew of ways to keep track of the now precise timers (As opposed to before where the uncertainty of when they'll pop meant that many of the solutions above just didn't work and thus the notifications were more important)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPapouille View Post

Why didn't I confirm my participation? Because for some reason, I didn't get a notification from the game while browsing the web that the queue was up. Even though I ALWAYS get notified. But not today, for an unknown reason.

FUCK YOU Hi-Rez. Penalizing a user for something out of his control.
    If you are going to cry about like a little baby, then pay attention to your game oppose to browsing the web. I multi-task all the time and tab out the game, and it always notify me so maybe there's something in your computer setting but w/e it is, then you best be just staying in the game and not tabbing out. However, I would not be surprised if Hi-Rez did that to you on purpose LOL.

Last edited by Diamondrainn; 09-30-2018 at 03:00 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Some1Guy's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Check it out..... put the game in windowed mode.... shrink your browser and leave enough space to see the match starting button pop up.

This is what i mean by getting stuck with people in match that are not even in nearly the same mental bracket.
    This guys pissed because he is barely playing with half a brain let alone any thought.
    He is so special he probably needs a blanket now and a super report all button.
    Im pissed because im forced into a match with kindergarteners on my team.

That's why the mm sucks.

(places soap box down and stands on it)

Im guessing if there even is a system its based on win loss (not just who knows what) which has been proven to be a shit way of measuring ability in many video games. Especially with the mechanics that reward bad play here in smite like last hit kill is da bestest darrr.

This would be a really great game however the mm and the bs sjw mm and report system is the most anti fun pair of mechanics i have ever seen. You would think it would be trivial and something to brush off but its crazy just how much those two things suck the fun right out of this game every single match.

I want to say i like this game or love it, i mean its a good fun sound game in essence... but in reality.
    This game after a couple months, is actually a bummer to play. It is so infrequent to get teamed with similar players or a full team of NON idiots, that it just becomes a repetitive dissapointment.

Even when i win, nearly all of those times, i feel like it was because, the other team had more idiots or bigger ones then my team. It mostly feels like im fighting my teamates, who are trying to lose for fun?
    Im not asking to play with pro's, im just not trying to play in the learning disability server.

errm (clears throat gets back on the soap box)

All the extra sjw report people / behavioral engineering crap is annoying to boot.

I don't give a rats ass about your ideas of social justice or dreams of 'mr rogers neighborhood'.

You do realize the game itself IS about KILLING stuff ! ... like every other fps.
    If you are so worried about peace and tranquility ...?...
    Then...
    Why not make a game about flowers and ponys or a game about world peace ?

Im logging in less now in favor of other games that are less ... how do i say it ... less filled with sjws who fight in the defense of idiocy and to force the mixing of low and hi (iq) player ques.

Frankly this game is disproportionally filled with f-ing morons.
    Last edited by Some1Guy; 10-02-2018 at 04:38 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BiggsDarklighter's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 302
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Some1Guy View Post

Im logging in less now in favor of other games.[/I]
    And what happened, then? Well, in Whoville they say on that day the Smite community got just a little bit better.
    Jar-Jar = "Mesa speak."

Qui-Gon = "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

Senior Member Chosen TheMoldyBanana's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    That title sure does look like a motivator to create change...
    The time has come to change International Law to the law of Interplanetary peoples. They live among us, we among them. It's time for a change in power.

Hi-Rez Support --> https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask
    Hi-Rez Server Stats --> http://status.hirezstudios.com/

Most of the time I have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about, but when it comes to Smite, you can count on me to make shit up and hope for the best.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoldyBanana View Post
    That title sure does look like a motivator to create change...
    Just a typical crybaby that blames toxic community and Hi-rez for all their issues. Clearly the idiot has issues on his computer because most people don't have that issue. And if you do have that issue, then do something about it and call customer/technical support!
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!