Thread: Boots

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 253
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class

Boots

I was just thinking, what if boots became universal. So all boots had both Magical and Physical power on.

Meaning:

Magical gods could access Ninja Tabi for Power and Attack Speed and Warrior Tabi for raw power (The concern would be how much mag power they might end up having on them to make them desirable given CDR/Pen boots give 55 power as is)

Physical gods could access Shoes of the Magi for some flat pen and Shoes of Focus for CDR and mana.

Meanwhile, one of Reinforced Greaves/Reinforced Shoes is removed as they're both identical (One of the things that spurred this idea, the fact that literally 50% of boots are just identical save Mag/Phys power)

Travellers Shoes could stay as is, with the higher speed and mini-Pyromancer proc.

Talaria Boots could become a variant of the previous Talaria/Traveller booties with that gold proc (Since who doesn't love gold?) or something else if TFG have something else in mind.

Something to thing about to be honest. Since, Boots are core on every god (Except Mouseotoskr) and are an early start to your build (Often being picked up as 1st/2nd item) and thus more options to choose from could be pretty neat.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Since we are almost forced to have boots I think it’s a great idea to get the stats you actually need. I mean even a hunter can use cooldown boots, well Medusa at least haha. Or you know, Sol getting the attack speed boots kinda thing.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    To much hassle for balance I think. Boots has seen so many changes for good reasons. Introducing AS boots to mages and CDR boots to warrior/assass would just upset the balance to much.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chang Ughhhh View Post
    Since we are almost forced to have boots I think it’s a great idea to get the stats you actually need. I mean even a hunter can use cooldown boots, well Medusa at least haha. Or you know, Sol getting the attack speed boots kinda thing.
    It would also be interesting to see what off-meta things come out too.

Like, seeing Zeus go AS boots for better wave clear basic attacking his Aegis (Or more attacks onto a tank with 3 stacks on) without having to invest into one of the rings that are quite expensive for AS.

Maybe a pressure Warrior going pen boots to try and further bully their lane opponent who rushed phys prots?

Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    To much hassle for balance I think. Boots has seen so many changes for good reasons. Introducing AS boots to mages and CDR boots to warrior/assass would just upset the balance to much.
    How so?

Since, there will be trade offs for going these boots. Like, Assassins would lose the early powerspike of grabbing that 40 power from Warrior Tabi.

Most Mages wouldn't have too much use for AS boots and those that do would have to trade off not grabbing the precious CDR boots or even pen boots (Since even the ADC Mages are reliant on their ability cooldowns for their stims/burst, Freya wants to use her 1 to burst for a million damage as much as possible, Chronos wants his 2 up as often as he can so he can boost his damage and Sol is very dependent on her 2 for much of her damage)

While Warriors... Might actually have some boots that impact them like at all (Outside basic attack Warriors having Ninja Tabi to bolster basics and Berserker Shield synergy) with options for CDR boots or Pen boots to give them a powerspike despite them building tanky for their first few items.

Like I said, I feel the main balance issue might come from Warrior Tabi on Mages, since to make it notable vs their already 55 power boots it'd need like 70+ power on which would be a significant powerspike early on. (That said, CDR boots already give 62-67 power with Book of Thoth...)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Physical gods reaaaaallly don't need another access to penetration items.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Physical gods reaaaaallly don't need another access to penetration items.
    Mmmhm...

I mean, you can only have SO much flat pen though. Once you hit the cap it doesn't matter how much access you have.

Given the ease of attaining that cap through just the mace tree alone, it might not always be better than getting the raw 40 power from Warrior Tabi (Or grabbing that CDR from Focus, or if you're basic attack based, sticking with Ninja Tabi, or even forgoing damage alltogether and grabbing the mobility from Travellers Shoes, which I note more Junglers are doing these days)
    Preferred Gods:

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Some1Guy's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Double the price of boots...

no wait...

Ban all boots.

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 626
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Drop Warrior's Tabi altogether, if we've got Pen boots on Physical Warriors is unneeded. having dual stats on boots shouldn't be a problem, we have them on masks and blessings already.

some spitball stat ideas
    * Pen Boots
    25 physical/50 magical power
    10 pen
    18% movement Speed
    *Attack Speed Boots
    20 Phys/35 Mag
    20% AS
    18% MS
    * Tank CDR Boots
    10 phys/20 Mag
    10% Cooldown
    18% MS
    Passive: same passive, get protections on being hit
    * Movement Boots
    15 phys/30 mag
    25% MS
    Passive: Slow immunity bellow a certain HP threshold. (maybe 25%?)

I decided to combine CDR boots with protection boots to keep us down to a 4 item tree, and it was the best place to put it, especially since many tanks forgo protection boots for CDR, while mages that want to hit abilities more often will be trading early power.

Movement speed boots are...tricky. the suggestion to get extra gold again like before wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for Mercury. he's already kicking ass with the boost from his passive, he doesn't need even more income. Slow immunity when you're almost dead though could be good on any number of characters who don't have a natural escape, especially burst characters who usually build a stacking item before boots.

just my thoughts.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids