Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does Aphrodite need buffs or tweaks?

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Yet, on the other hand, some people have great success building it first item even when there aren't any healers in the game (A few junglers in the SPL build it fairly frequently for example)
    Surely to counter bancroft or whatnot? Cause crusher gives 15% AS as well, making any auto canceling or auto attacking much better. Yeah AS helps with burst, if you don't give up pen or power building it.

or Khepri ult deciding not to go on the 1% life target that's directly in the middle of the circle in lieu of the 100% target who has 1 pixel from their toe inside the circle....
    True it might not solve much changing it.

Well, if we do what a lot of people seem to do and defend Aphro disgustingly high healing output with "But it SHOULD be way higher than other gods who have AoE healing!!!"
    Maybe not way higher, but definitely higher.
    Rocking the boat

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    One thing I've always wished is that Kiss at least be on a 12-14s CD. It's already checked in place by Back Off being 12s and Lovebirds 16-12s, and the 3s CD only if you kiss an ally.

Yeah, but I suggested that it shared HP5 and MP5.

Meaning, Aphro benefitted from her soulmates regen as well as her soulmate benefitting from her own regen.
    That can work but I feel she shouldn't be so reliant on soulmates for everything. I really wish her passive gave her MP5 for each god in range or better yet, some form of % mana regen.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    One thing I've always wished is that Kiss at least be on a 12-14s CD.
    It already is.

16/15/14/13/12s CD

That said, even that 12s CD feels like FOREVER if you use it aggressively... Even with 40% CDR + Chronos passive...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Aprho's cds are insane. You have to always give her at least 30-40% to truly make her effective (my opinion). I just wish she can cleanse like Hel.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    Aprho's cds are insane. You have to always give her at least 30-40% to truly make her effective (my opinion). I just wish she can cleanse like Hel.
    She can cleanse, with her ult.

An additional cleanse could easily be too strong on her, especially since where do you put it? On her 1s CD kiss? On her Back Off? On her Birbs so every time she heals she cleanses? All of those would be way too broken.

As far as her cooldowns go, they're fine. They're 12s for all her basic abilities at max rank which is fine considering most Mages have their skills range from 10s-18s CD's. Oh, and she has 70s CD ult which is one of the shorter ones that isn't special (I.e. Agni bombs)

CDR only feels important on her because she's focused around sustained output more than having an impactful "One shot" that lets something like a Nox or Scylla blow a target up or lets a Baron press 4 and CC a person to heck.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    It already is.

16/15/14/13/12s CD

That said, even that 12s CD feels like FOREVER if you use it aggressively... Even with 40% CDR + Chronos passive...
    I meant a flat CD, not scaling down CD or whatever that kind is called.

It depends on the god for me. I've been used to Chang'e having 10s on her 3 forever and ever since the nerf to 12s, I've been completely messed up. Even with any amount of CDR it still feels too long.

Anyway, Aphro's 1 being a whopping 16 to 14s CD early on (because you're most likely leveling Love Birds for the safer waveclear and healing) is made even worse by the fact that it's just a stun on a single enemy. That long of a CD in the early game for a single stun is literal bullshit and has been my major gripe with this god for as long as I can remember. It feels like an extra stake that was placed to prevent her from being too unruly on her own early on, but it feels unnecessary what with her having steep mana costs at that point. As I mentioned before, Kiss's usability on its own is also checked by Love Bird's CD and speed; you will not use Kiss if Love Birds is on CD or is too slow to reach an enemy that can quickly evade it unless you need to stop a potential offense.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Thing is, I don't really want her to be an offensive burst mage as that doesn't fit with her theme. I like her having rather peaceful and supporting abilities. On the other hand, I hate how dependant she is on a soulmate carrying her. It's a feature that also fits her well, but give her something that enables her to manage one or two things alone without struggling and needing a second person all the time.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 665
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I just played with her plenty of matches and she feels absolutely horrible right now... I used to be so good with her but now she feels so useless.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,224
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Purfle View Post
    I just played with her plenty of matches and she feels absolutely horrible right now... I used to be so good with her but now she feels so useless.
    The last nerf she received was a 15% scaling nerf to the her heal. That was the first nerf since Season 1. The other changes have all been buffs and bug fixes. It's not the god, it's just you.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    The last nerf she received was a 15% scaling nerf to the her heal. That was the first nerf since Season 1. The other changes have all been buffs and bug fixes. It's not the god, it's just you.
    Technically, she's been indirectly nerfed.

Via nerf to Rod of Asclepius and buffs to anti-heal.

So, if someone is playing Aphro now compared to back when anti-heal was shit and no-one bought it (Except Brawlers because that was pretty strong even without its proc effect even being a consideration) it can be like night and day.

Since, you can become legitimately useless thanks to more than 100% anti-heal, whereas back in the day you'd not really encounter much anti-heal and so would just fully heal people for days.

Not to mention, other item changes that have affected her (Such as Soul Reaver becoming shit so she can't Back Off burst with a nice 10% health proc)
    Preferred Gods: