Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Does Aphrodite need buffs or tweaks?

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I think Aphro is in a favorable position atm (20% CDR off the bat with mages blessing and 55 power focus, very good at using spear). One buff I've suggested in the past she get is being able to benefit from her own Jealousy buff which isn't even available to her, only her soulmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    I think she is fine for now. In regards to Aphro and Hel, since both ladies are the leading healers in the game, what benefits the most is Hel because of her cleanse. Now, what I would like is for Aphro to cleanse as well. Why? Because have another character to cleanse is beneficial since there are a lot of CCs out there. I would like maybe her kiss to also cleanse as well. Other than that, I think Aphro has a pretty strong kit but what she lacks is damage burst and dps in general but she makes it up with her Ult and single target heals. Give Aphro dps and burst damage then she will be pretty OP. Don't get me wrong, I love Aphro and she is my main char (damn 19 stars so yeah lol), but perhaps rework can happend depending on what the other gods bring to the table.
    Kiss having cleanse would be too strong when the ability already homes in on allies at all costs.

Also to whoever mentioned kiss should also give a soulmate her hp5 and mp5, it already gives them 70% of her total mana regen.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Also to whoever mentioned kiss should also give a soulmate her hp5 and mp5, it already gives them 70% of her total mana regen.
    Yeah, but I suggested that it shared HP5 and MP5.

Meaning, Aphro benefitted from her soulmates regen as well as her soulmate benefitting from her own regen.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

Meaning, Aphro benefitted from her soulmates regen as well as her soulmate benefitting from her own regen.
    it reminds me the old passive , an other brilliant idea from the cave , nothing empeaches you to ask santa but i have a doubt

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran

None of those items are mutually exclusive. Nor are they strictly inferior to the alternatives like you're suggesting.
    Crusher is better then Brawlers, personally I hate building brawlers on some Gods but on some its not that bad. HW is better then Pesti.

As much as her damaging skills have going for her, since only her 2 is reliable, she ends up doing mediocre damage. Especially since the nerf to Soul Reaver which used to be very good on her for the huge burst alongside an linked Assassin opening up on a target.
    I agree about a change in birds confirm. I don't think any other changes would be needed to balance it. 20% speed is not dmg or anything like that, it is basicly a QOL change.

Even more so if you build for healing with Asclepius and Lotus Crown to facilitate her major balancing point, or if you build defences because you're going to get focused like heck even if you try and prioritise damage.
    Yeah building heal rod if they go 100% antiheal I think is a mistake. Focused with that ult, beads and aegis, where is the team? Its not ez taking down an aphro, also many mage hybrid items have nice power.

Meanwhile, you could just pick Scylla and have Crush that deals more damage, ignores protections, has a larger radius, can be left on the ground to zone, slows targets and also have a confirmable Root + Cripple that also deals similar damage - All the while not being rendered nigh useless by anti-heal.
    Aphro is a support, specifically mid game and late game supp. Scylla is late game carry. One thing with aphro, she needs a strong other magical dmg dealer on team or ppl can just build phys def and win. When she is picked in arena I often get a minor headache on what to pick cause she really only works well in some teams.

While her Jealousy buff is subject to the awkward targetting (Kiss prioritizes allies heavily so an attempted stun can often just swap soulmate...) not to mention the timing and targetting of such a skill, where often since you're relied upon for healing you tend to find yourself linked to a frontliner to help keep them alive while to utilize Jealousy you need to be linked to a squishy to boost their damage AND also be in a position to land a stun on someone AND for said linked target to be ready to deal damage.

Meanwhile, if they lowered her healing so it was not the main focus of her kit (It can still be higher than other healers, it just doesn't need to be dealing twice the healing of other healers over a period of time that is half as long if not less than them making it so much more potent) they could afford to redistribute that loss of power across her other aspects.

Such as the CC on Back Off. The ability to actually consistently land her birbs. Boosts to what she can provide to her linked target. Perhaps even some more functionality for her Jealousy buff.

She can still have better single target healing than other gods with AoE healing. But she doesn't need it to overshadow her entire design and have it contribute to the healing vs anti-heal arms race we've been in the past couple of seasons.
    Alright I get your point, I don't mind a Aphrodite switch up, I don't play her for a reason and it has a lot to do with her weird mechanics and playstyle. Can be so tilt to miss the kiss on someone that needs saving cause a teammate jumped infront.

- Knockback and slow on both Aphrodite's and her soulmates Back Off?
    does it not already?
    Rocking the boat

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!

That is a very minimal buff that I don't think would be needed. Aphro will already have 20-50 MP5 and her heal is ample enough to negate the need for additional regen. Her soul mate getting 70% mana regen is good enough, especially considering like the hoe she is Aphro won't be with them for long.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,224
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Make her tits bigger.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 363
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Make her tits bigger.
    If that's going to happen then I want Erlang Shang Monster Trainer skin to have a bigger bulge. Oh wait he's Chinese. He better pray to Aphro then.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Crusher is better then Brawlers, personally I hate building brawlers on some Gods but on some its not that bad. HW is better then Pesti.
    Not strictly.

Some gods prefer the 10 power over the 15% power as DoT. Specifically ones that are looking to combo someone from 100%-0% without leaving time for the DoT to do something. Also, ones that don't have a lot of Power anyway, because they're building more tanky/bruiser but still want to grab a little bit of power and flat pen.

Pestilence brings more magical protections than Heartward. Also, provided that you/your team build into sufficient mana sustain (Which is damn near everyone. Only ADC's going Devo's don't actually have mana sustain in a typical build) then Heartward isn't that strong once you leave the early game where its prot aura actually makes a difference.

I agree about a change in birds confirm. I don't think any other changes would be needed to balance it. 20% speed is not dmg or anything like that, it is basicly a QOL change.
    It is damage though.

It's not paper doll damage, sure, but more easily confirmable damage means that her actual damage output will be higher.

Something as innocuous as a "QoL" 20% projectile speed on her birbs could easily add a extra 10-20k player damage over a game. Which if you consider that she's currently balanced by having her really high healing output offset by her typically low-mediocre player damage is a significant cause for some sort of counterbalance in some way.

Yeah building heal rod if they go 100% antiheal I think is a mistake. Focused with that ult, beads and aegis, where is the team? Its not ez taking down an aphro, also many mage hybrid items have nice power.
    Well, you're generally expected to get Asclepius because her main thing is her healing. Also, focused with that ult, beads and aegis? It's not hard. Bait out the ult then drop your burst 'cause she has 0 self peel.

Where's her team? Well, unable to do much because focused fire against a squishy mage doesn't take long to take them out, even if they can buy themselves a guaranteed 2s with their ult.

does it not already?
    Nope.

Her soulmates version ONLY provides the 25% slow while her own ONLY provides the (Very small) knockback.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    That is a very minimal buff that I don't think would be needed.
    Yeah, but it's an extension of something that's already part of her kit (Currently in the form of 70% of Aphro regen transfered to soulmate) that can be used as an extra balancing point in large scale change such as reducing her kits reliance on her heal being stacked af in lieu of shifting her kits focus more onto other aspects - Such as the boost that her link provides.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Hm well.

I don't agree Brawlers is a good burst item, there are better builds for burst that do not include it. Having to build it is always less dmg then the alternatives. Back when it had 20 pene another story but now so many other items rival it in pen. Same for bruiser builds there are just better items.

Pesti have a lot of def yeah and I agree most often I do not feel so bad about building it. but hw is crucial vs some teams. They have a geb, raijin, au kuang combo? You do not want pesti over hw as the support in such game. Besides pesti is the warrior item while HW is more for support so you can have both. But in that case as a solo there are other magical prot items that can do a lot more work then pesti I think if antiheal is not needed. All in all I think pesti gives a bit to much prots, one of the few old tank items that hasn't really seen major changes through all the tank meta shifts. But its anti heal on its own is kinda meh so maybe the prots make upp for that. I wonder though if it would be better to have less prots on it and more antiheal.

As for her damage I rarely see aphros going past 30k in arena a Hel can easily push over 40k. A little more confirm I could live with I think and if it all in all is to much then tone down another part of kit. I'm not an aphro player and you probably have more experience then me on her so what you say might be best.

AS for Rod of heal. If they comit hard to antiheal or have it inherent in team comp. Then in combat heal is to low to matter and Rod doesn't help out of combat as much. Better go CDR, Power or Winged blade or smth else instead, atleast that is my experience when I did play healers a lot but its been a while, I notice now Rod of asclep has gotten some power buffs. But my experience was always that if they invest heavy in antiheal you either build tanky or power to have other uses for your team.

Also, focused with that ult, beads and aegis? It's not hard. Bait out the ult then drop your burst 'cause she has 0 self peel.
    well that goes for almost all Gods in the game. Add beads and aegis and your team has 4 sec to get more out of the trade then their team. During which time aphro can use 2 to bomb their backline with her targeted ally. In my experience its hard outtrading an aphro, better go for a non linked target that she can't reach to save.

Her soulmates version ONLY provides the 25% slow while her own ONLY provides the (Very small) knockback.
    ah.

Yeah, but it's an extension of something that's already part of her kit (Currently in the form of 70% of Aphro regen transfered to soulmate) that can be used as an extra balancing point in large scale change such as reducing her kits reliance on her heal being stacked af in lieu of shifting her kits focus more onto other aspects - Such as the boost that her link provides.
    I'd be careful buffing link I think it does so much work with some Gods already. I rather have a circle targeter for it then but it might not make sense as its a blowing kiss, on the other hand a blown kiss is fictive and could transverse anything it wants. :*

Personally what derps me most with Aphro is the slow 3 and the 1 hitting a target u didn't wanna hit.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 09-28-2018 at 02:51 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Hm well.

I don't agree Brawlers is a good burst item, there are better builds for burst that do not include it. Having to build it is always less dmg then the alternatives. Back when it had 20 pene another story but now so many other items rival it in pen. Same for bruiser builds there are just better items.
    Yet, on the other hand, some people have great success building it first item even when there aren't any healers in the game (A few junglers in the SPL build it fairly frequently for example)

Pesti have a lot of def yeah and I agree most often I do not feel so bad about building it. but hw is crucial vs some teams. They have a geb, raijin, au kuang combo? You do not want pesti over hw as the support in such game.
    Actually I would.

Since, I don't care about the 15 AoE prots for my team especially when those 3 don't really do much until mid-late game and well, Raijin will build Spear of the Magus and put everyone who's not a tank down to 0 mag prots anyway even if they did have a Heartward aura...

Meanwhile, Pesti will cut down on Ao Kuang's lifesteal from his passive, as well as the Lifesteal from the ADC building Devo's or whatnot.

Also, my 10 extra mag prots might make the difference when facing the 50 shred from a Magus on Raijin.

I'd be careful buffing link I think it does so much work with some Gods already. I rather have a circle targeter for it then but it might not make sense as its a blowing kiss, on the other hand a blown kiss is fictive and could transverse anything it wants. :*
    Well, if we do what a lot of people seem to do and defend Aphro disgustingly high healing output with "But it SHOULD be way higher than other gods who have AoE healing!!!"

Then rightly we need to buff her link a shit ton because Amaterasu's aura is AoE and provides more (25% movement speed vs 20% and 30 flat power indefinitely vs 20% damage for 5 seconds). Also, Nike passive is another AoE team speed and power increase and is GLOBAL.

Wew, Aphro link should give 100% more movement speed and 900 powers! /s

But in all honesty, increasing the power of the link and giving some more functionality with Jealousy, would give an extra dimension to playing Aphro, where you end up deciding who to link to based not only on who you're gonna spam heal, but also who might benefit most from the passive boosts as well as who would be ideally linked when you proc a Jealousy.

Since, in the current state, you typically pick a Tank or a hypercarry Assassin and stay linked to them for 90% of the time because they'll play aggressively and so need spam heals. Switching to someone else often just isn't worth it because all they really get is the 20% speed (Which they then use to outrun you and break the link because Aphro is slower than most gods...). At best you'll switch, toss out a heal, then switch back ready to continue spam healing the 1 guy who needs it.

Personally what derps me most with Aphro is the slow 3 and the 1 hitting a target u didn't wanna hit.
    Yeah, that can be really frustrating.

Really annoys me when I wanna build for damage and then slow birbs just mean that its so hard to actually land that damage... But the flip side is that I know it's that way because her healing is insane. Even if she did get the S4 healer tax relatively recently.

Also, Kiss hitting the wrong target triggers me so hard. I don't know what's worse, Kiss passing through the enemy I wanna stun a clear 5 yards to RELINK TO MY SOULMATE or Khepri ult deciding not to go on the 1% life target that's directly in the middle of the circle in lieu of the 100% target who has 1 pixel from their toe inside the circle....
    Preferred Gods: