Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Aphrodite need buffs or tweaks?

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 665
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Does Aphrodite need buffs or tweaks?

I love Aphro and I like her playstyle of supporting teammates in the background. She's best when teamed up with a good soulmate so she can unleash her full potential. But now with more and more powerful gods entering this game, I feel like she's becoming weaker, especially regarding anti-heal. Healing is a huge core part of her kit and current meta doesn't favour that.

I really think she needs some tweaks here and there. Maybe a wider range for her birds? Or making them fly faster? Or instead of a single-target stun she could mesmerize up to three enemies close to each other by blowing her kiss. Since her doves deal DoT which would cancel the mez, kissing enemies would stop her birds from attacking them so her CC would still take place.
    I also thought about her kiss making an ally a permanent soulmate until one of them dies or until Aphro kisses a new friend. The link would still break if they are out of range but it would automatically reconnect when they are in each others vicinity without Aphro having to kiss him (it's more like an aura). The avatar of her soulmate could be displayed in that golden-blue heart of her Passive. Speaking of her Passive, maybe ANOTHER one would be better for her?

But maybe she needs another way of healing? If you play LoL, Rakan has an interesting mechanic with his first ability which triggers a small healing circle around him. Three seconds after hitting an enemy with his ability, he heals himself but if the next ally enters his circle within the three seconds, they get both healed instantly. I could imagine giving Aphro a similar ability. Three seconds after activating the healing skill, she heals herself and her soulmate for a large amount. But if they come in contact, they become burst-healed in an instant while also countering a percantage of anti-heal when it's done this way (since it takes more effort she should be rewarded).

I'm not quite sure but I'm really not satisfied with her at this moment, she became really exhausting to play since you get focused and countered a lot and she's not the best pick for Conquest either...

What do you think about her?

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I think she needs a redesign.

So long as Hi-Rez are unable to find a way to make healing not broken (Be it in terms of being way too strong or too easily countered) I think it would be best for them to just scrap gods that are heavily focused around healing and instead funnel their power into alternative aspects of their kits.

This, for Aphro, would mean tuning her heal down but putting more emphasis on her Jealousy buff as well as her damage potential with slightly easier to confirm birbs (Via a small 15-20% speed increase). In addition, she might even be able to further bolster up her soulmate by having her passive be shared with them.

This means she would play more like a traditional mage, but instead of a large AoE ultimate she instead boosts up the damage and defences of an ally, with healing being a lesser part of her kit.

Rather than the current one-trick-pony style kit that is heavily focused around healing, meaning that she's either ridiculously overbearing and basically single handedly controls the game by making a hypercarry immortal if anti-healing is not good or picked up, or she's useless as she's relegated to being just an ult bot when anti-heal is strong and used (Currently, she can be facing up to 105% anti-heal with potential for an additional 50% from Cursed Ankh relic...)

She and Hel are currently the last 2 heal reliant gods in the game. All the other have had their power redistributed:

Terra has her teamfight ultimate and her multiple CC's instead of Monoloth healing.

Sylvanus had his heal turned to be more focused on the Prots it gives instead of its healing throughput and is more focused on his control he provides with his pull and root than his healing.

Ra is essentially a traditional burst mage.

Chang'e is focused more on her teamfight impact due to her ultimate as well as her innate tankiness that isn't reliant on her healing.

Baron is all about his control and his healing is a side benefit.

Guan Yu has never been focused around his heal (As it doesn't scale nor does he have opportunity to buy Rod of Asclepius) and his recent buff just makes him be able to use his whole kit better without expending his passive on ability usage.

Artio is all about her control she can provide (Mostly her cripple field)

Cupid is an ability focused Hunter (With 394 + 208% damage on his fully stacked Heart Bomb)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 905
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Faster birds I think needs to happen, its way to unreliable as it is. I agree with some 20% faster it sounds about right.

How much retune the healing needs I'm not sure. In difference to all other healer Gods it is only single target heal so it should be way stronger then all other healers. If other team invests in 100% antiheal well you still have ult, 1 buff and 2 that is great zoner. If only 3 would be a little more reliable on dmg its not a huge problem that enemy has 100% antiheal. it is a trade off for their team as well. Pesti means no HW, brawlers means no crusher, divine means no deso or magus.

You both left out what I think is her strongest move though, her 2. High base and good scaling, and strong area deny. A power building aphro deals so much dmg with this.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 09-25-2018 at 03:11 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Member Follower
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    i feel like on early game i cast 3 skills and am out of mana (3~6 same same)

the heal is cool but anyway you can only heal one mate at a time so ... she is a healer but not really massive in assault , conquest or joust is an other story but ... mmmmh' my interest for aphro is elsewhere = the skill#2 baah boom splash , the best way to ks ^^ and am sooo sad she cant make double hit with it [yes if you catch an enemy between two splatches only one counts O•o] and THIS is super sad , when i see cherno combo 3in1(send crystal make it explode= you have the damages of both _ nuwa has the same with minions explosion why aphro cant ?) this is an update we should allow to her [and perhaps some other gods]

correct me if i am wrong _ and stay polite _ please thanks

ps : this forum needs a +1 button , that way it 'perhaps' should avoid people to say the exact same thing they just read _ "the sky is blue" _"yeah and it is really blue !!" _ so boring
    Last edited by FRONTdeQUICHE; 09-25-2018 at 05:24 PM. Reason: i see dead people and they are talking to me in russian

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    How much retune the healing needs I'm not sure. In difference to all other healer Gods it is only single target heal so it should be way stronger then all other healers.
    But the fundamental issue is with how much healing she can provide, she'll not be anything other than that heal. Since if she had more confirmable damage ON TOP of this healing, even if it's only single target, then that would push her over the top and lead to either her getting nerfed (Be it damage, rendering changes to the confirmability of her damage moot or be it her healing in which we have the exactly the same scenario) or anti-heal being buffed some more.

it is a trade off for their team as well. Pesti means no HW, brawlers means no crusher, divine means no deso or magus.
    It is not a trade off at all for people building anti-heal.

None of those items are mutually exclusive. Nor are they strictly inferior to the alternatives like you're suggesting.

The only anti-heal item that is an actual trade off, is Toxic Blade, as 0 power attack speed items aren't common to builds. But even then, when you get to shut down 40% of an entire god with that one pick up which amounts to 16% of your total build that's not really a "Trade off"

You both left out what I think is her strongest move though, her 2. High base and good scaling, and strong area deny. A power building aphro deals so much dmg with this.
    As much as her damaging skills have going for her, since only her 2 is reliable, she ends up doing mediocre damage. Especially since the nerf to Soul Reaver which used to be very good on her for the huge burst alongside an linked Assassin opening up on a target.

Even more so if you build for healing with Asclepius and Lotus Crown to facilitate her major balancing point, or if you build defences because you're going to get focused like heck even if you try and prioritise damage.

Meanwhile, you could just pick Scylla and have Crush that deals more damage, ignores protections, has a larger radius, can be left on the ground to zone, slows targets and also have a confirmable Root + Cripple that also deals similar damage - All the while not being rendered nigh useless by anti-heal.

In reality, Aphro's best skill is by far her ultimate. Beads and Aegis for herself and her soulmate on a 70 second base cooldown is so much better than anything else in her kit without contest. It also happens to be the only consistent part of her kit...

Given that her damage is unreliable because birbs are so slow and just Back Off alone just doesn't cut it and her healing is subject to anti-heal making it mediocre to literally non-existant.

While her Jealousy buff is subject to the awkward targetting (Kiss prioritizes allies heavily so an attempted stun can often just swap soulmate...) not to mention the timing and targetting of such a skill, where often since you're relied upon for healing you tend to find yourself linked to a frontliner to help keep them alive while to utilize Jealousy you need to be linked to a squishy to boost their damage AND also be in a position to land a stun on someone AND for said linked target to be ready to deal damage.

Meanwhile, if they lowered her healing so it was not the main focus of her kit (It can still be higher than other healers, it just doesn't need to be dealing twice the healing of other healers over a period of time that is half as long if not less than them making it so much more potent) they could afford to redistribute that loss of power across her other aspects.

Such as the CC on Back Off. The ability to actually consistently land her birbs. Boosts to what she can provide to her linked target. Perhaps even some more functionality for her Jealousy buff.

She can still have better single target healing than other gods with AoE healing. But she doesn't need it to overshadow her entire design and have it contribute to the healing vs anti-heal arms race we've been in the past couple of seasons.

I mean, she has potential supporting boosts available such as:

- Granting the Jealousy buff when swapping linked allies (Since she's still kissing someone else right?)
    - Sharing her passive and allowing both her and her soulmate to be the origin of the radius (So any unique gods within 70 units of either Aphro or her soulmate would give a stack)
    - Sharing HP5 and MP5 between her and her soulmate
    - Knockback and slow on both Aphrodite's and her soulmates Back Off?

So she'd still be boosting up her team, with sustain and defenses as well as damage output (Both with her own and also more readily usable Jealousy) and she'd still be able to provide some sustain. Only she wouldn't be so heavily focused around her healing and thus be impacted incredibly hard by anti-heal (It would still be useful, much like it is to other healing gods that aren't focused so much on healing, but it won't be so devastating to her)

Also, she'd be more viable to run in the mid lane as a damage built mage because she'd be able to better dish out that magical damage that's expected from the role. With perhaps even support role being viable because of better contribution with no items. Rather than the more typical solo lane role she sees play in where she just builds tanky and gets Asclepius and spams heals and ults in teamfights...

Quote Originally Posted by FRONTdeQUICHE View Post
    when i see cherno combo 3in1(send crystal make it explode= you have the damages of both _ nuwa has the same with minions explosion why aphro cant ?) this is an update we should allow to her [and perhaps some other gods]
    Chernobog and Nu Wa use 2 skills and deal the damage of 2 skills.

Aphro uses one skill and would be ridiculous if she could deal double damage with it.
    Last edited by Relanah; 09-25-2018 at 05:26 PM.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Maybe instead of her soulmate becoming jealous, he could become more protective over Aphro, so he deals more damage towards the enemies currently attacking her.

And if you want a kiss buff for herself: kissing an enemy god slows and marks him and up to two closest gods with a love spell for 2 seconds (without stunning them), this makes them unwilling to target and damage Aphro for maybe up to 2 seconds. Her next basic attack or when damaging them with Back Off breaks their hearts, stunning them for a second. The basic attack deals burst damage and Back Off deals bonus damage (true damage perhaps? Because heartbreak can be a serious thing). This way she can stun up to three enemy gods.

Her birds would need an overhaul (like faster, more like a cone but shorter instead or whatever) as well as her heal.

There are so many possibilities you could do with her... If it wasn't for her ult, I would've said give her 2nd ability a health shield for her and her soul mate upon casting which also blocks the next CC ability. Her ult could be something else instead. Plenty of things are possible for her...

Member Follower
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

Chernobog and Nu Wa use 2 skills and deal the damage of 2 skills.

Aphro uses one skill and would be ridiculous if she could deal double damage with it.
    eeh no if you double touch with it _ we should be able to double punch _ double slap = double damages is logic , the contrary is sad , and considering the new gods and evolution of the game she deserves AT LEAST that .just un-nerf it please ,)

"ridiculous" ? seriously ?

ps : i have voice pack and beach skin _ i search how to say "did you see that ?" ,i've heard it when pressing the test button but cant find it among all the VVVVV she has

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I think she is fine for now. In regards to Aphro and Hel, since both ladies are the leading healers in the game, what benefits the most is Hel because of her cleanse. Now, what I would like is for Aphro to cleanse as well. Why? Because have another character to cleanse is beneficial since there are a lot of CCs out there. I would like maybe her kiss to also cleanse as well. Other than that, I think Aphro has a pretty strong kit but what she lacks is damage burst and dps in general but she makes it up with her Ult and single target heals. Give Aphro dps and burst damage then she will be pretty OP. Don't get me wrong, I love Aphro and she is my main char (damn 19 stars so yeah lol), but perhaps rework can happend depending on what the other gods bring to the table.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Member Worshipper VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Aphro just needs tweaks or rework. Her damage output is fine, just needs more confirmation (i'd honestly make the birds fly to her companion and swirl around them when linked and keep it as is when not linked). Rework the passive altogether, something that has use in a 1v1 scenario. i'd like a small flat heal/flat damage on the kiss. nothing crazy but at least something.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Aphrodite needs to die.