Thread: SMITE Maintenance - September 24th

HiRez Staff Follower HiRezIsiah's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,030
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran

SMITE Maintenance - September 24th

Hey guys,

We’ll be bringing servers down across all platforms Monday morning at 10am ET so we can try and address several issues that have been affecting overall stability in SMITE. Here’s a list of what we are tackling:

Client side and Server side crashes

We’ve got a potential fix going into our build Monday that we believe will greatly help with crash issues for the SMITE client and player server connections. To be honest, this is a super complicated issue that we are still trying to understand on our end (our Technical Director is even stumped), but we’ll also be implementing some debug code that will help us with logging and tracking these issues. Our fix on Monday may not work. If it doesn’t, we believe the logging we’ve put in place will help us find the root cause of these issues to get them resolved.

Lobby Chat

Lobby chat has been having off and on issues for a while now and we think we’ve nailed them down. We’ve got a fix to ensure Lobby Chat always appears slated for Monday’s maintenance. Our QA team hasn’t been able to get a reliable reproduction of this issue in house, so we can’t 100% say that the issue has been solved permanently. But we’ll be able to use the debug code we’re implementing to help us take next steps.

We’ll also be implementing some code to help us track issues with Daily Deals.

The team has been putting in a ton of work on the backend reorganizing game files to allow for the future growth of SMITE. This unfortunately has led to some growing pains that we need to get through technically.

We appreciate all of your patience as we work towards fixing these issues. We are always striving to make SMITE even better for all of you, and it is our promise to get you back onto the battleground as quickly as possibly on Monday. We’ll keep you updated on when servers will be back online, so stay tuned for updates.
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Makk78's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 721
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    this fix patch is too big, smite patches took 2much from my monthly Data this lately

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezIsiah View Post
    Hey guys,

Client side and Server side crashes

We’ve got a potential fix going into our build Monday that we believe will greatly help with crash issues for the SMITE client and player server connections. To be honest, this is a super complicated issue that we are still trying to understand on our end (our Technical Director is even stumped), but we’ll also be implementing some debug code that will help us with logging and tracking these issues. Our fix on Monday may not work. If it doesn’t, we believe the logging we’ve put in place will help us find the root cause of these issues to get them resolved.
    Thank you for FINALLY letting us know you're working on the issue. The silence since patch 5.14, when this issue arose, was killing us. I understand it's a very complex thing to fix, but giving us at least some form of acknowledgement or reassurance sooner would've helped in the long run. Just saying.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 685
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Blancmark View Post
    Thank you for FINALLY letting us know you're working on the issue. The silence since patch 5.14, when this issue arose, was killing us. I understand it's a very complex thing to fix, but giving us at least some form of acknowledgement or reassurance sooner would've helped in the long run. Just saying.
    If you actually followed anything and actually read the patch notes, you would know that they've been doing that all season. But you aren't the only one who likes to complain without looking anything up ever so it can't be helped.

New Member Cupidhead PsychadelicTaco's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Not to hate or anything but I just wanna point out that in a tweet on September 6th you said in response to someone saying Lobby Chat was having issues, and I quote, "this is just false. Lobby chat is tied to certain server statuses, I know for a fact it's been working 95%of the time. It only goes down in very rare circumstances. And is not related to Smite versions or timeline at all."

So did you lie or did you finally listen to us? Since all of a sudden now you have a fix for something you claimed did not need one.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvodion View Post
    If you actually followed anything and actually read the patch notes, you would know that they've been doing that all season. But you aren't the only one who likes to complain without looking anything up ever so it can't be helped.
    Was referring to [url=http://forums.smitegame.com/showthread.php?180257-Match-failed-to-load-Kicked-back-to-main-menu-Here-s-what-you-do]this[/url issue that has been, and still is, affecting many players. It started after patch 5.14 launched. What Isiah is referring to seems to be tackling that particular issue we've all been experiencing. I understand it takes a long time. I'm just glad to finally have an official response, as HiRez/TitanForge havev been extremely silent about this issue throughout the last 3 patches, or 1-2 months. Just saying, some quicker response would've been appreciated, even if it's simply "It's a tricky issue, but we're working on it!". Communication is key, in many things.

I was not referring to any other attempt they've made to improve game stability and balance. I am aware of the developments made throughout the season, and all the way back to the start of Season 2 (2015). I read every patch note post they have made since that time. They did not address this specific issue in the last several patch notes, nor on the Patch Notes Show, which I watch every time as well.

Your claim that I "like to complain", "didn't read anything", and basically implying I'm a dumbass who doesn't look things up, is invalid. A quick aggressive and negative response that has absolutely no constructive criticism or information at all. If anything, you only made yourself look bad. Congratulations.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvodion View Post
    Was referring to this issue that has been, and still is, affecting many players. It started after patch 5.14 launched. What Isiah is referring to seems to be tackling that particular issue we've all been experiencing. I understand it takes a long time. I'm just glad to finally have an official response, as HiRez/TitanForge havev been extremely silent about this issue throughout the last 3 patches, or 1-2 months. Just saying, some quicker response would've been appreciated, even if it's simply "It's a tricky issue, but we're working on it!". Communication is key, in many things.

I was not referring to any other attempt they've made to improve game stability and balance. I am aware of the developments made throughout the season, and all the way back to the start of Season 2 (2015). I read every patch note post they have made since that time. They did not address this specific issue in the last several patch notes, nor on the Patch Notes Show, which I watch every time as well.

Your claim that I "like to complain", "didn't read anything", and basically implying I'm a dumbass who doesn't look things up, is invalid. A quick aggressive and negative response that has absolutely no constructive criticism or information at all. If anything, you only made yourself look bad. Congratulations.

New Member Cupidhead PsychadelicTaco's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychadelicTaco View Post
    Not to hate or anything but I just wanna point out that in a tweet on September 6th you said in response to someone saying Lobby Chat was having issues, and I quote, "this is just false. Lobby chat is tied to certain server statuses, I know for a fact it's been working 95%of the time. It only goes down in very rare circumstances. And is not related to Smite versions or timeline at all."

So did you lie or did you finally listen to us? Since all of a sudden now you have a fix for something you claimed did not need one.
    I feel dumb for not realizing that this was Isiah not AJ. Sorry Isiah that I directed this at you, but the implication that AJ didn't listen originally and denied anything anyone said is still valid for this post.

Again, I clarify AJ said what I quoted, not Isiah.

New Member Cupidhead ZzKenShizZ's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 324
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    OMG! The new updated hotfix yesterday made my game so LAG/Glitching can't even play .Please fix back to normal

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Will ever smite have a normal matchmaking? I keep being matched with diamond players in duel.. I DIDNT EVEN QUALIFY YET... So frustating..