Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vamana rework

Junior Member Cupidhead NotSoWolf's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points 3 months registered

Vamana rework

This guy has not been seen in solo for seasons and I'm worried that he will share the fate of ravana.
    Maybe if his kit got some fixes, people would come back and play him in more tanky roles?

My idea is to:

change his passive:
    For every 5 phys prot vamana gets from items he gains 1 physical power.

his "Clear the Path":
    Vamana opens his umbrella in front of him and sprints forward, doing damage to all enemies in his path while stunning them and spinning them around in a random direction (disorient). That way vamana's only hard CC does not proc Stone of Gaia which is a very powerful item when fighting him in lane

his "Colossal Fury" (not sure if needed but in my opinion 700 ms giant with hastened looks stupid):

When Vamana is in Colossal form his attacks do not proc aa items effect's, but instead cause tremble to enemies hit.
    So You think you saw "bad god concepts"?
    Check this out!
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...-spear-of-Rome

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    tremble is a nice idea , really but ... and it is my personnal opinion always and of course ... as i hate bacchus drunken effekt i'd hate that tremble , perhaps for console players but the pad already trembles during actions , if you talk about the screen , it is just awful .

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Vamana is a pretty good god.

Until someone builds anti-heal and his ult becomes worthless garbage because the main thing that makes it so scary is the huge regen it gives letting you soak up a ton of damage (Which increases its duration). With anti-heal crippling that so much, the big scary monster you're not supposed to hit just topples in an instant and you end up HOPING Vamana pops his ult because it means he can't use his actually good skills to be really annoying and deal a decent amount of damage...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    https://smite.gg/god/vamana

Not that pretty
    Check this out!

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSoWolf View Post
    never believe mainstream medias _ those stats just prove players are not good , not the god ,)

exemple i see in popular items ... no stone of gaia , no shield relic _ and as an exemple midguardian is outdated it misses the CC reduction

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 1,202
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Until Loki is at or near the absolute bottom in pick and win rates (he's at the middle), these stats are meaningless and don't reflect viability. Vamana does have a bland kit that hasn't aged well, but he has just enough utility and damage to slay if you build him AA-based.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    Vamana might not be the worst when talking about jungling, but what about solo? His Umbrellarang is hard to hit which can be fixed by giving his dash a 1s disorient or sth else that makes enemy stationary. Hastened katana is a must if you want to play him full dmg and that's what I want to nerf. I know You all like more jgl options but Vamana is a warrior meant to sustain through dmg while slowly stomping enemies to death.
    My opinion.
    Check this out!

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Vamana might not be the worst when talking about jungling, but what about solo? His Umbrellarang is hard to hit which can be fixed by giving his dash a 1s disorient or sth else that makes enemy stationary. Hastened katana is a must if you want to play him full dmg and that's what I want to nerf. I know You all like more jgl options but Vamana is a warrior meant to sustain through dmg while slowly stomping enemies to death.
    My opinion.
    Umbrellarang is easier to land if you combot it with CtP's knockup. HK can be substituted for FB. The fact that Vamana is a warrior doesn't affect what his role should be, only the benefits he should offer his team and the way he plays as a god.

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    Until Loki is at or near the absolute bottom in pick and win rates (he's at the middle), these stats are meaningless and don't reflect viability. Vamana does have a bland kit that hasn't aged well, but he has just enough utility and damage to slay if you build him AA-based.
    I dunno...

I actually like his kit. I think it's quite good, the dash knock up 1, the cleave 2 and the boomerang that is one of the few AS slow skills in the game. All with pretty good damage on them to boot.

In addition to his passive that gives him inherent bruiser capabilities because prots = power.

I feel it's really just his ult that's his weak link. Since, it shuts down your damage, mobility, CC and thanks to anti-heal being so prevalent these days after its repeated buffs due to the healer metas it also guts your defences (Since you can't be slippery and annoying with your attack speed slow and dash and instead you're this big stupid baby that has a massive easy to hit hitbox)

His ult also forces you into picking up Hastened Katana or Frostbound Hammer because even through all it's degredation from your normal kit it even has the gall of being so fucking slow that people can just walk away from you as you try and stomp on them.

Like, it made sense back in the day, before the healer meta rose up... Repeatedly... Even with his absurd mana costs that hampered him for a while, since without anti-heal being so easily picked up (If it isn't picked up anyway to deal with things like Baron, Terra, Hunters, Warriors taking Zerker/Glad Shield etc) it meant that even if you were low on mana and couldn't spam your skills you could go into big baby form and at the very least zone people out because they couldn't kill you and you'd hit 'em pretty hard if they tried to walk past you.

But yeah, I quite like him and I find him quite effective. Right up until I press 4 and then I die or sit around doing nothing because it's so trash compared to his basic abilities...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    I dunno...
    It's gratifying, but overly simple. His kit feels like a prototype with no real gimmick in mind.

Muh Concepts