Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to smites in-game community?

Junior Member Cupidhead AquariusChaos's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points

What happened to smites in-game community?

(If you don't like rants and don't mind smites toxicity then don't read)
    So i have been playing this game for about three years now. I used to LOVE smite and played it ALL the time, spent money on it, got excited about getting new skins etc. Now the idea of spending a dime on this game in my mind is a joke. Why? Because the game seems to have gotten at least 90% more toxic sense i first started playing it. I am not even being hyperbolic here.
    Besides the 321083012 problems this game has, the toxicity has gotten so BAD that muting people does not even work because people will ping spam you/me instead of being able to BM the hell outta me in chat because they know i have them muted. I have to be DND for the entire time my smite client is up because people will PM me after games BMing me. It's SO bad that i just got out of a game where a player used A TON of boosters and nobody said thanks, so i did, and in return i got laughed at in lobby then BM'd when the game started LOL, i mean really, is THAT what's good in smite now??? It is literally taboo to be nice in smite or you get made fun of. It's like playing with demons every game who feed off negative reactions.
    I guess there's a reason i see the same people often in my games, because sane people are leaving this horror scene.
    As a result i am done with smite.
    I firmly believe smite has the most toxic community in online gaming or moba's, and its sad because its such a good game. Hirez will not get another dime out of me. Also the MM is horrible beyond belief.
    Last edited by AquariusChaos; 10-06-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead WILANDRIA's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    1st thing i do before every single match is mute everyone...i dont worry about toxic players then.

Achievements:
    Doesn't matter, they ping spam because there is no option to mute pings, unlike LoL which intelligently has that option. I have to go DND or i will get PM'd BM after the game is over OR while i am in the game because they know they're muted, that doesn't happen often though but ping spam is almost every game now...
    Last edited by AquariusChaos; 09-19-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    my solution(s) :
    _first of all i play assault and assault only (unless quest) , this reduces the toxic players by 90%
    _second of all , i accept friend invites , as i am a troll those asking me as friend truly appreciate me and am always pleased to play with them
    i try to play with them, not much but i try , and directly the effekt is more congratulations and good moments for real.

the 'in_game_community' is or an illusion or you have to define it for me cause there is something here i dont understand. it is not surprise video games are filled with capricious selfish kids , i've read posts about people not happy with the way hirez manages toxic players , i personnaly reported many players for wide open racism , nothing in the world proves me they recieved any sanction for this .
    hirez policy is what it is , deal with it and welcome to the real world of humans and even if you dont want to know what people say hidden behind their screen they vomit it in your face anyway , and what you can read is just 1% of the vomit ,) enjoy!!

and there is a parameter you perhaps ignore but smite is naturally a factor of stress as actions are delayed , this little lagg creates some frustration during action , and this frustration is highly responsible for those overreacted words you hear or read, and for those mouses and keyboard they break but you dont see it.
    there is no solutions for that as the game is made that way , and that how and why you have some sensations perhaps.
    if not death would be so fast that ... you just get mesmerized (ex :a friend was heating my ears during a CS game i said ok try it , he tryed , died in 0.001s once twice ... said ok and shut his mouth for ever , no rage no cry just silence = this is what real death is about)
    it is the exact same difference between real combat and a sport , sports have rules for safety and intertainment, smite is a sport .

_last solution : stay yourself , it is the best way to detect hostile people and to block them , as it is a game you dont need them , only hirez needs them as long as they give money and are here to reduce queue ..etc...

good luck and have fun

ps : i use preset messages A LOT ! ! ! communication is essential and many players dont read english or at all but they can hear presets in their own langage , coaching is one of the reason of the victories i have in assault , it is really essential i repeat .pro teams have a coach during games = i take that role , and if someone blames me for that i swallow it cause if someone does it is because we lost ... and guess what ... those saying "you sure talks a lot" remains silent afterward cause efficiency is here and the name of it is VICTORY!!! [VEW][VVGN][VVGG][VER][VEA][VXE]!!
    Last edited by FRONTdeQUICHE; 09-19-2018 at 06:27 PM. Reason: scared people need a hug , not morale

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Here is another post complaining about toxic people and doesn't know how to let it go. Dude you are crying over pixels and animations. Are you really going to let a group of people ruin your play? May I suggest you group with friends to make your game play more enjoyable. Any game that as a PVP element, there will be talking trash, people cursing, and toxic people. You need to put your feelings in check and not get so uptight on what people say or what they do in this game because it's not going to change until you learn how to be tough and ignore it.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Bye, no one cares if you leave or not.

That's the nature of competitive PvP games, people will be toxic and get mad at you. If the thought of that is stopping you from buying skins then you genuinely need to recheck yourself and either grow a hard skin or stop playing these types of games.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    Bye, no one cares if you leave or not.

That's the nature of competitive PvP games, people will be toxic and get mad at you. If the thought of that is stopping you from buying skins then you genuinely need to recheck yourself and either grow a hard skin or stop playing these types of games.
    Lol you cared enough to reply. Smite isn't just toxic, its fucking mental. Besides the endless issues this game has, from the god awful MM and CONSTANT server issues, Hirez doesnt do anything about it. There are many reasons why i refuse to spend money on this game. They never do ANYTHING about reports because the game is so fucking toxic. Like 1000x more toxic than LoL. Stop being a kiss ass to Hirez.
    Last edited by AquariusChaos; 10-06-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    Here is another post complaining about toxic people and doesn't know how to let it go. Dude you are crying over pixels and animations. Are you really going to let a group of people ruin your play? May I suggest you group with friends to make your game play more enjoyable. Any game that as a PVP element, there will be talking trash, people cursing, and toxic people. You need to put your feelings in check and not get so uptight on what people say or what they do in this game because it's not going to change until you learn how to be tough and ignore it.
    Yea you're right here is another one. You know why? Because your lord and savior lowrez doesn't do shit about it. Please continue to be a kiss ass to lowrez. This game has a whole god damn book worth of problems from the MM to the constant server issues that they never fix. Like i said, if you don't like it, don't read it nor should you reply. Because clearly your skin isn't thick enough to ignore posts like these based on looking at your profile. Shew.
    Last edited by AquariusChaos; 09-20-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AquariusChaos View Post
    Yea you're right here is another one. You know why? Because your lord and savior lowrez doesn't do shit about it. Please continue to be a kiss ass to lowrez. This game has a whole god damn book worth of problems from the MM to the constant server issues that they never fix. Like i said, if you don't like it, don't read it nor should you reply. Because clearly your skin isn't thick enough to ignore posts like these based on looking at your profile. Shew.
    Whaa wha wha whaaa throw a tempter tantrum because you encounter toxic people. Stop breast feeding and learn how to drink from a cup and be tough about it and move on. So you going to cry and get upset over what? Animation and pixels? Really? it's a fucking game of competition, and everyone is going to talk trash. If your ass doesn't like it then, fucking go play hello kitty online as you continue to make your mom's nipples raw while you breast feed. Hi-rez has implemented the report system and MUTE BUTTON (USE IT ON THEM MORON), but since you crybabies can't have a thick skin and learn how to man up, then by all means uninstall the game, and play a game where you all hold hands and sing kumbaya. I have a parting gif when you leave below:

OH THIS IS A forum, everyone has a right to reply to your post. If you don't like it, then block me.

Last edited by Diamondrainn; 09-20-2018 at 05:34 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AquariusChaos View Post
    Lol you cared enough to reply. Smite isn't just toxic, its fucking mental. Besides the endless issues this game has, from the god awful MM and CONSTANT server issues, Hirez doesnt do anything about it. There are many reasons why i refuse to spend money on this game. They never do ANYTHING about reports because the game is so fucking toxic. Like 1000x more toxic than LoL. Smite is trash and you know it, stop being a kiss ass to lowrez.
    This is you, that is us laughing in the background LOL. It's obvious you are a cry baby because even on forums you can't handle peoples' responses.

Last edited by Diamondrainn; 09-20-2018 at 05:37 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!