Thread: CC NEEDS TO BE HARD NERFED IN THIS GAME(buff beads)

Junior Member Cupidhead XboxChito's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

CC NEEDS TO BE HARD NERFED IN THIS GAME(buff beads)

Seriously, cc in this game is a complete joke, the matches are decided when the picks are shown and the team with more cc always wins, its ridiculous how broken stacking cc is.

against a team with a lot of hard cc you cant do anything,it only takes someone to force your beads wich can be in a lot of cases unavoidable like for example any god with cc that blinks next to you is 90% guaranteed to force your beads, and boom, next time you get ccd you are completly dead. knowing that a lot of ccs are very very easy to land and hard to avoid dont be stupid and say "you can just avoid them" since you will always get ccd sooner or later in a match against hard cc god stack. and bubble and beads dont help at all since theres just too much cc.

its complete bs that you cant even play the game since the moment you get even the slightest slow, then the cc chain begins and you cant do anything.

in late game any cc means you are dead, specially if you are a squeashy, so even if you manage to get a lead, the moment you get to late the cc spam will get you and you are dead, no counterplay you could do no matter how good you are since a lot of ccs are simply that absurd.

this game needs to revert beads cooldown to 90 seconds on t1 and 60 on t2.that way noobs cant just pick whatever hard cc god they want and completly masacre with no effort at all, since enemies are gonna be locked down in place 90% of the time

Also hard cc stack teamcomps make it impossible to do any kind of engage in teamfights since the moment you get in, thats it, you dont move from place, if one misses a cc, he probably has more in his kit, or has his teammates to lock you in place anyways.

im just asking hirez to make the game playable since not being able to do anything due to stupid amounts of cc is just the same as not playing the game at all.

this is MY OPINION,tell me if you agree, if not or what would you do regarding this
    Last edited by XboxChito; 09-16-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    I'm no expert but...Consider the fact that picking a team with at least one basic CC skill per god is a strategy. I get your point, I also get frustrated when i get CC-ed so hard i have time to consider my past mistakes while making a tea on the other side of the earth, but this was always a strategy to win, i may even say it's the easy way to win, wouldn't call it a "Noob Strategy" tho, since it's smart and has been always present in every Moba. Keep in mind that playing a squishy god comes with a great risk, therefore the squishy definition, you have to play smart, pacient and be focused all the time if you wanna have a good chance of doing the good stuff in every team-comp scenario. No risk, high reward. High risk, higher reward. It's up to you if you wanna push your luck afterall. I agree with you that beads could use some buff, but what couldn't use a buff? xD I still want the good old combat blink back

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Some1Guy's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Completely agree with op.

CC it seems has not even been considered as a possible game breaking element by the developers.
    It seems to me this is a mistake.

New gods like artio / baron that get both a super cc ult and a slow + stun baron shows just how much the developers dont seem to note that cc can be a game breaker. When the gods ability is a low cool down slow + long timed stun / pull + stun and that is far more often then multiple people can beed. When you can only beed 1x every 130 seconds after a upgrade.

When every single person on a team picks beads and there are something like 10 relics to choose from... that is by far a red flag sign of imbalance.
    Last edited by Some1Guy; 09-16-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I agree that we definitely need to have more options to counter crowd control. When playing a tank, players are capable to have crowd control mitigation up to 40%. In addition, there is the Relic Dagger that allows relics to cooldown 30 secs more (which benefits beads). If tanks are faced with lots of "cc" then get cc mitigation items and a relic dagger. Oh and let's not forget Magi's Cloak too.

In my perspective, the crowd control aspect can be annoying but I feel it's needed because if we didn't have an crowd control, the game would go one for a long time, and it to be honest, kind of boring. However, if there is going to be an increase of crowd control as Smite introduces new gods/goddesses, maybe they can either have another relic that mitigates cc, or perhaps increase the crowd control cap max to 50-60%.
    Last edited by Diamondrainn; 09-17-2018 at 05:03 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    As a frontline main, I can honestly say that I feel beads shouldn't be nerfed. While getting hit by some certain cc chains in a single kit can hurt (i.e., Anubis, Ymir, Tyr, to name a few), none of these should end you outright from 100-0. There are many ways to get caught in CC, but if you are caught to the point the enemy can kill you, you were out of position and should and can be punished accordingly.

The ebb and flow of team fights is dictated almost entirely on how can better dispatch the enemy. If tanks didn't have cc, they would just have to run at the enemy team and get hit. If assassins didn't have CC, they would jump into the middle of a team fight and get turned on. Cc heavy comps have their own issues, and picks like Noz may have heavy cc, but her kit is fairly easy to predict and her ult doesn't pack the punch or utility of other mages.

I can understand some comps being so heavy that you cant really fight into them, but tend not to have the ability to sustain fights. Baiting out abilities on your own side can lead to a very easy fight for your side. Beads and magis cloak are already fairly free get out of jail cards on decent cool downs. If you really need more than that when you have a team that's decent to get ahead, you really need to think of your own playstyle, rather than the game.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SquireAngel View Post
    The ebb and flow of team fights is dictated almost entirely on how can better dispatch the enemy. If tanks didn't have cc, they would just have to run at the enemy team and get hit. If assassins didn't have CC, they would jump into the middle of a team fight and get turned on. Cc heavy comps have their own issues, and picks like Noz may have heavy cc, but her kit is fairly easy to predict and her ult doesn't pack the punch or utility of other mages.
    One of the things about the game is, that LITERALLY every single god in the game has a CC in some form or another.

EVERY SINGLE GOD. All 96 of them.

It means that instead of CC being coveted by the select few that make it their mission to utilize their CC as part of how they function, for example a frontliner peeling for allies or a jungler setting up a gank. Which would keep CC in check by way of sure, it's strong but you need to be out of position or the enemy to be trying to capitalize off those specific gods for it to have a large impact.

But when literally every single person in the game is tossing out CC left, right and centre, it can all get a bit frustrating to deal with. When you're being chain CC'd by the enemy Hunter, Mid, Solo, Jungler and Support because why not give everyone hard CC, it becomes much less precious a resource and becomes just this thing that can kill you even in an extremely defensive position because lel you can't do anything to stop it outside of beads once per 2.5 minutes.

Like, sometimes it feels like being able to buy 2x Beads relics and having them both upgraded and having a Relic Dagger would still lead to you getting chain CCed to death all game, let alone the typical single beads unupgraded with no relic dagger that most games are played with.

So, yeah, I can understand where the sentiment from the OP lies, because honestly, there is far too much CC in the game and much of it makes little sense in my mind (Why do ADC's have CC? Like, they're the ones that should be in duo lane with a second player helping them reach game carrying potential are they not? Yet, they're given all the tools to set up their own kills or peel for themselves? Why does Scylla have a cripple on her root? Why do I want to vomit whenever I encounter a Posiedon with Gem of Iso? etc)

But, there's little to be done about this. Aside from making Beads the go-to Relic of choice on most roles- Oh wait no, that's already the case

To be honest, the best I can see is maybe a cheaper Magi's Cloak or if the devs were feeling super spicy, making beads an inherent ability for all gods so as to allow people to pick 2 relics instead of only picking 1 + beads (But this is super unlikely because poor console peasants have limited number of buttons available)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Member Follower
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    magi's cloak and stuff ... i guess someone already mentioned those possibilities

take note many ults are immune to hardCC like ares and cerber = anub chaac ...xbal = thor nuwa ...
    some skills like nike ... pff what else .. Relanah please pull out your book science !!!

that why it is fun ,) to force use the ult to be able to use yours etc ,) you play the game or no ? because that's exactly the game ,) all the fun is here ,)

GL HF = GG WP
    Last edited by FRONTdeQUICHE; 09-22-2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: mouahahahahah from the basement