Thread: Can We rework ARENA MODE SO THAT...

Junior Member Cupidhead MaxBigustDictus's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 389
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Can We rework ARENA MODE SO THAT...

- If a team doesn't hold the middle are they lose more points.
    - if a team stays right next to their fountain all game, it should increase their respawn timer. (Even if they are the losing team)

I find it dumb that teams with the most CC mages can just stay next to their fountain all game and go reheal after everyteam fight in less then 2-5 secs. That's some bull. Arena should make it were it forces teams to fight in the center instead of just hiding right by their base.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Some1Guy's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    You push in minions if they are siting in base as you describe and win the game.
    In the situation you describe you are in a dominate position.

What is the problem ?

I find it dumb when my team mate runs to the enemy base alone and dives in 1 v 3 or 4 or 5 alone. gets beat up, then...
    Begins his long run home with no hp screaming save me.

Which leaves his teamates in a precarious position. Facing the now persuing and attacking 5 enemys with only 4 people. But it's even worse now.

Having to put themselves between the enemy and the no hp / running home fool, in order to stop the other team from getting gold and xp from killing their own ally. This is a additional risk that you can't ignore. If your ally dies his respawn time goes faster so he will do it faster next time.

In this context (which is all to common) 4 vs 5 would actually be easier without having to save the idiot.

These teamates/enemys have the greatest ability of all in game.
    You can not team kill them to stop them from giving the other team gold and xp.
    Further the faster they die, the more you lose, the more you lose. the faster the respawn timer lets them run back in to do it again.

Truely the respawn timer for feeders needs to be increased for people who are on your team and are actually your teams biggest enemy.
    Last edited by Some1Guy; 09-16-2018 at 05:48 PM.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 136
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Arena is fine how it is because there shouldn't be a complex strategy. Staying near base is a defensive play.

I think my most hated scenario is when people feel the need to get buffs oppose to helping a team fight, or another one is when a tank is setting up, nobody back the tank up because they are too busy doing their own objective like killing minions, getting buffs, or just not paying attention.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 108
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    I think my most hated scenario is when people feel the need to get buffs oppose to helping a team fight, or another one is when a tank is setting up, nobody back the tank up because they are too busy doing their own objective like killing minions, getting buffs, or just not paying attention.
    I completely agree, I frequently play tank in arena and would like to add that, the only thing more annoying than the team not backing you up is when they completely ignore the minions. No matter how you look at it, being flooded with minions and having to deal with the enemy team at the same time is NOT a strategical advantage.

As for OP, defensive play has been popular for a while now, even in arena. The only way to counter it is to stay clear and wait for them to come to the middle.
    Assault is much much worse in terms of defensive play and camping, but that should most likely be in a thread of its own.