Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Rez doesn't care about, and even encourages, cyber-bullying.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead SirPapouille's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 223
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Hi-Rez doesn't care about, and even encourages, cyber-bullying.

I just submitted a second ticket to Hi-Rez. The first one I sent not so long ago about the same issue hasn't been answered.

I just played a Conquest match. In the god pick lobby, I call jungle right after someone. He says "get fucked" and some other mean things. When the match starts, I ask what his problem is. He continues to bad mouth me, and another played joins him into mocking me. A few minutes in the match, the other two players joins them to mock and insult me. I mute them all.

After the match, the one who insulted me first tells the other team to report me for harassement. And they did. They said "Oh this guy has a poor kill-death ratio (I was support), he definitely was the one bad mouthing." The rest of my team also said I had been toxic all match, when I muted them all not to hear their insults.

And right then, I received a warning message about being reported multiple times for harassment.

The report system is used by trolls and toxic players to harm even more their targets.

And there is nothing honest players can do to avoid it.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Personally, I think you took this way too serious. So they reported you, it's not like the end of the world. I say this on the forums and I'll say it again here, you are going encounter negative people in games, but you got to have a tough skin, and not let that get to you because it's just going to ruin your experience. It's one incident, move on, and since you blocked them, it's over. Even if these people report you, it's not like you got banned or anything so I would just call it a day because you are going to encounter more negative people anyways.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    All you can do is report them back in addition to muting them and blocking them after the match.

This is the sad state of online communication not only in Smite but a number of online games and social media.

To fix this takes more than Hi-Rez.

Achievements:
    That's not just one incident. That's two times in less than two weeks that I receive a warning message saying that my account will be sanctionned if I continue getting reported. I can deal with the toxicity, but if I get banned for no reason Hi-Rez can kiss my ass goodbye.

Achievements:
    And it happened again right now.

I call jungle a split second after some guy who calls "grundle", I say is that supposed to be jungle? He gives me shit. Then I say there are only trolls in this game, another player gives me shit. I say "Yeah go ahead, let's all gang up on me" and the whole team is on my back.

At the end of the match they told the other team to report me for harassment.

This game's community is rancid.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Then maybe you are part of the issue. If you egg on with the argument then you are feeding the fire. It's best that you not type in chat and just call it day.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    You will come across these kinds of people. Best thing you can do is just mute them quickly (and don't say anything to them) and report them when the game ends.

I know you really want to respond to their unjustified bm'ing and try and defend yourself. But its just not worth it. You will just escalate stuff. Don't feed the trolls.

If this can reassure you:
    -in my experience only a small amount of games have people who bm
    -in my experience it gets better if you get better at playing the game.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    Then maybe you are part of the issue. If you egg on with the argument then you are feeding the fire. It's best that you not type in chat and just call it day.
    That is exactly the kind of thought that legitimates the toxicity. If you defend yourself, you're part of the problem. So even when you're the victim of bullying, you're in the wrong. There is no hope for this community at all.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlasfailed View Post
    You will come across these kinds of people. Best thing you can do is just mute them quickly (and don't say anything to them) and report them when the game ends.

I know you really want to respond to their unjustified bm'ing and try and defend yourself. But its just not worth it. You will just escalate stuff. Don't feed the trolls.

If this can reassure you:
    -in my experience only a small amount of games have people who bm
    -in my experience it gets better if you get better at playing the game.
    Almost every match people talk shit. My last match I was Osiris solo against Cabrakan. There was a Hercules on the enemy team as well, so I thought I would be up against him and started with physical defense. So the first levels I was being pushed back by my opponent. Then when I switched to magical defense I trashed him back.

I got ganked 4 times in the laning phase by Ao Kuang, and 2 times by Hercules from duo lane. Never did my jungler gank. He insulted the whole team throughout all of the match, and he continued in the lobby. He openly said he's being reported daily but never suffered a consequence. Hi-Rez just doesn't care.

But about getting better, that's why I play the game. Yet only 1/30 of the matches I play everyone do their best and communicate decently. The rest of the time it's just bad moves, bitching and surrender. But if you address neutral comments like "Call your missing lanes", you get insulted. In one of the matches I said the whole team reported me, the guy who's been on my back the whole time said I gave shit to the mid-laner for not calling missing, yet I plainly said "Call your missing lanes". Even when you're being decent, you get shit on.

Junior Member Cupidhead Tilk2006's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Mute him? And dude, I wanna make a ticket every day, cause I meet toxic, rasists or some dirty players... But only one stop me - DEV make job, they hard work. If I will create tickets for ruiners, toxic, etc, I will steal the time of DEV, what they can be spending for real work. So I just use reports or Mutes.

Sorry for bad ENG.