Thread: Berserker's Shield on Hunters

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class

Berserker's Shield on Hunters

Has anyone else been trying it?

I've been building it alongside Trans and Devo's builds and it seems to be doing well.

Like, I typically go Boots and then Zerker then build either Trans or Devo's depending if I'm going a Qin's or Crit build.

Gives a nice little boost to HP/MP sustain respectively and then come late game it sells for 1133g to pick up that 6th slot item.

So basically it's a little under half a Deathbringer for Devo's crit builds and for Qin's builds I've taken to grabbing Bloodforge, since one of the main drawbacks to BF is that it's really expensive to build for so you're stuck on crappy T2 for AGES before you get it online. But when you only need to save up 1.6k to straight buy it late game it's a nice pick up.

Overall, I feel like Hunters get really good use out of this shield, the early attack speed and sustain is really useful. Even though it's not super-mega-tank-Titan-and-5-enemy-gods level of survivability, it just ticks over that little bit as you do your thing, healing up poke and jungle damage.

Interestingly, I've been having some success with a rather strange Skadi build as my go-to Hunter these days:

Atlanta's Bow > Zerker's Shield > Trans > Exe > Qin's > Jotunn's > Sell Zerkers and get Bloodforge.

Yes, Bootless, Maskless build. But it seems to work out. In combat you get the full 25% MS from Atlanta's and when you need extra mobility and can't basic attack, you have your ice rink to drop down and get that speed boost.

Might be able to work on other Hunters that have inherent speed increases to offset the lower base speed (Like AMC, Jing Wei, Artemis, Chiron and Ullr)

But I digress...

Zerker Shield seems nifty for Hunters. I think they use it better than Warriors in Nonquest modes (While in Conq Warriors can get more out of it as they're more able to slap waves. Trying to do that in Arena/Clash/Assault means waves are insta-nuked by allies or you're getting blown up by mages for being so close)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 531
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    lol well I was gonna say sumthing about cerno passive cleave but I just went n checked and it doesn't proc item effects soo there went my thought on the subject. I don't play hunters much soo my only thought is that the heal isn't as important as the mana once its built cuz I think the actual lifesteal items will out heal it.

I'm more interested in how heartseeker is gonna change the dual lane. it's not gonna change clear too much but it will change sum hunters ability to poke... skadi neith ullr maybe Chiron

ps - mercury player eagerly awaiting golden blade

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by breakmyfutoffinu View Post
    I don't play hunters much soo my only thought is that the heal isn't as important as the mana once its built cuz I think the actual lifesteal items will out heal it.
    It depends. In a Trans build, you don't get early lifesteal but instead get that massive MP5 so the health sustain is more worthwhile.

While in a Devo's build you get that early lifesteal but have no mana sustain so the opposite is true.

Either way, lifesteal is based on damage dealt and before you get like 2-3 extra items completed I find that it averages out to about equal healing to a Devo's.

I'm more interested in how heartseeker is gonna change the dual lane. it's not gonna change clear too much but it will change sum hunters ability to poke... skadi neith ullr maybe Chiron
    To be honest, I feel that if anyone uses Heartseeker, it'll be the basic attack Hunters that basic attack enough to stack it up in a reasonable amount of time.

So like, Artemis proccing it with her traps, her 3 and also tusky (Her burst combo is going to be disgusting when she opens up with Tusky + Proc > Trap /w proc > 3 /w proc due to her high attack speed steroid)

AMC stacking it up quickly thanks to Hives AS and proccing it on his Stinger, Honey and Swarm

Xbal bursting with procs from his 2 + 3.

Apollo landing on you with his 4 /w proc > Slide through /w proc > Mez /w proc > So Beautiful /w proc. Especially if he gets his passive up during any of that...

Maybe Medusa with her dash + spit to proc it (Along with maybe an ult too)

Since getting multiple procs out quickly is going to be more impactful than proccing once in a while on your ability hunters either because they don't basic attack as often (Due to lack of steroids) or because they dump their entire kit in quick succession leaving little time to stack it up (Such as Ullr's 1>4>1>3 combo)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Achievements:
    ohhh I can that but my original thought was even with maxed out AS it's gonna be 2 seconds before it's stacked up for your next abilty and I think most gods would be dead or damned close to dead by the 2nd. now you brought up xbal and the one thing I thought was ok stack it to spray darts then AA 1 time and dash to get the 30% dmg increase and the 80% power bonus on the 2nd poison application, as sumone who plays alot of fenrir and runes basically work the same. it's gonna be kinda like which abilty in the combo scales better with power.

I def agreen that with trans start its def gonna help and being that it's a 1700 item u can basically replace ichi with it, and still win in the boxing. hell now that I think it might even out box poison star altho 20% dmg redux sucks it doesn't affect your sustain at all with zerker, where as with devos ur now down even more lifesteal cuz u lost that dmg output .

Achievements:
    stack it to 4 before spraying 1st darts **

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 2,291
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Tried it a little, probably won't bother with it more. Main thing I got out of it was good early mana sustain and average healing, but once basic attacks started killing minions in two shots the item just got worse and worse and made me wish I just went Devos/Soul Eater instead. Also the 15 prots really aren't gonna help against the jungler who by default is just gonna be 2-3 levels ahead of duo lane. Ended up selling it later for a real lifesteal item and really didn't like how it cut into my build; 1% HP isn't enough to justify for a Hunter when Devos, Ichivail, Trans, etc. are just so much better early game investments.

Would only do it in meme builds wouldn't bother with it in any mode with how meh it scales into lategame, how fast other modes reach said lategame, or how much it would set you back vs the lane opponent in Conquest.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Ended up selling it later for a real lifesteal item and really didn't like how it cut into my build; 1% HP isn't enough to justify for a Hunter when Devos, Ichivail, Trans, etc. are just so much better early game investments.
    Interesting that you say that, when it's cheap enough to go alongside a Devo's/Trans (Which I mention I do in my OP)

Also, Ichaival isn't THAT much better (30 power, 25% attack speed, 10 pen and some power reduction if you box vs 25 power, 10% attack speed, mana/health sustain to aid whichever stacking item you go and then the 15 prots for if you box)

But yeah, I'm finding it a solid choice personally. Giving a nice powerspike that offsets the slightly slower stacking on Devo's/Trans for spending that 1700g before.

With the end-game build investment of a whopping 600g I find it useful even in faster modes like Arena. Basically, buy a red pot to get 25 power, 15% attack speed and a bunch of sustain throughout the game, reducing the number of health pots/returns to base needed to heal back up (Or regain mana).

Of course, it's not going to be core all throughout the game, but that's why it's a 1700g bridge item not a 2500-3000g+ T3 item
    Preferred Gods: