Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Why Does No One Talk About Nike?

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 258
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I don't think Nike is really that bad, she's just not a fun god to play IMO. She is the perfect god I feel like if you don't play solo lane a lot and you are forced into it in ranked. That way you are being useful to your team even if you are not that good at the role.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    She is one that will benefit from Bumbas mask, hide of urchin start (arena).

Then carrying on things like ancile, shifters shield and masamune all giving lots of power and continued defence. Perhaps crusher to round off obviously she can benefit from any hp5 item there’s just no room really.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    When Nike first came out she was ever so slightly OP. Then she got a few nerfs and was fine. But they just kept on nerfing her into the ground for who knows what reason and now I hardly ever see her played anymore. Her ult currently has a glitch where if she's killed before the shield activates it will still go on cooldown as long as the voiceline was played. If her 1 gets interrupted/silenced/whatever it really hurts, especially if you used your 2 to boost it. She either needs a lot of those previous nerfs undone, or her 2 needs to be changed into an actual skill with her other skills having the plan of action bonus by default. These was how she was on release for what it's worth:

• Passive - To Victory!

• Nike sets three goals that the team can achieve to gain increased strength. Upon completing a goal, Nike's team gains a Laurel that increases Power (+8/10/12%) and Movement Speed (+3/5/7%). This Laurel can increase up to 3 times. Goal 1: Elimitate 10 gods as a team Goal 2: Eliminate 200 Minions as a team Goal 3: At least two allies are level 20
    • Rend

• Nike slams the ground twice, sending out fissures that deal damage (50/85/120/155/190 +50% Physical Power). If a target is hit twice, that target loses protections (4/8/12/16/20) for 5 seconds. If Nike's 'Plan of Action' is active, Rend gains an additional attack. If a target is hit three times, that target is disarmed. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 12s
    • Plan of Action

• Nike draws upon her vast battle experience to plan her next move. Passive: Nike gains (10/15/20/25/30) HP5. Active: Nike's next ability gains bonus damage (20/30/40/50/60) and a special effect. Cost: 30/35/40/45/50. Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14s.
    • Valiant Leap

• Nike leaps into the air then crashes down at a location dealing damage (65/115/165/215/265 + 60% Physical Power) and knocking up enemies. If Nike's 'Plan of Action' is active, she travels to the location much faster. Cost: 55/60/65/70/75. Cooldown: 18s
    • Sentinel of Zeus

• Nike transforms into an armored sentinel and sends out a shockwave that damages (100/165/230/295/360 +80% Physical Power) and slows (30%) enemies around her. While in this form, she gains 40% of her max health as a shield. If Nike's 'Plan of Action' is active, Nike instead gains 60% of her max health as a shield and applies a 60% slow. Cost: 90/95/100/105/110. Cooldown: 100s.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 108; I have 58 gods mastered with 17 at rank V or higher and 3 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, and Sol). I play mostly nights and weekends CST time; message me if interested. No trash talkers please.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 1,694
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    She kept getting nerfed because she was getting picked solely because of the passive. She's also had a consistently high win-rate since her release, and she still does.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Agni fumes actually deals damage though (Max rank it can deal 500 + 50% damage over its full duration) so can be used to clear waves.

Ah Muzen Cab Hive is literally a huge steroid on speed and movement speed.

Ah Puch's corpse explosion is still a damaging skill in its own right (Though this is kind of lame without corpses to detonate...)

Ameterasu's Divine Presence is literally her best skill as its AoE speed/power and self healing for her.

Ares's Bolster Defences is actually one of his strongest skills what with the massive AoE prots and CCR.

Plan of Action literally does nothing by itself other than a measly bit of HP5 (Which could essentially just be an actual passive...).

Literally the only thing that comes close in terms of not being a skill is Bacchus' Chug which mostly just serves to make his passive work (Though it also gives temp prots too)

did you noticed how idiotic this post is? i gave you list of "1 less ability gods" as you said about nike, why did you gave me ability descriptions xD

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 946
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Alordacas View Post
    did you noticed how idiotic this post is? i gave you list of "1 less ability gods" as you said about nike, why did you gave me ability descriptions xD
    Because I was pointing out that those gods don't have "1 less ability".
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Member Follower
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Because I was pointing out that those gods don't have "1 less ability".
    ye, like this

Agni fumes actually deals damage though (Max rank it can deal 500 + 50% damage over its full duration) so can be used to clear waves.
    only what you did is tried counter argue the fact wich i gave with such stupidity post so ill need to copypaste nike's description to counter argue you? xD rithorical question

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 946
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Alordacas View Post
    only what you did is tried counter argue the fact wich i gave with such stupidity post so ill need to copypaste nike's description to counter argue you? xD rithorical question
    Okay.

At level 1, put your skill point into Plan of Action and press it and tell me what it does for you.

(Pst... It makes your weapon shiny. That is all)

Agni fumes dealing damage has actual implications. It can prevent blink dagger usage, it can proc item effects (I've gotten tons of kills from fume damage + Soul Reaver/Soul Gem/Ethereal Staff not to mention being able to apply Spear of the Magus or Gem of Isolation effects), it can allow you do deal significant damage to PvE targets that will stay in the duration.

Sure it's BETTER when you combo it with another ability to proc the stun, but it's not ONLY the stun combo.

Meanwhile, Plan of Action, unlike literally any ability you tried to counter with does LITERALLY FUCKING NOTHING when used alone.

It is purely a "Make one of your other skills not shit" usage that relies upon being used with another ability to do anything at all other than its passive.

Other buff skills GIVE THEIR FUCKING BUFF when you use them. Which is not the same. Not even slightly, because you USE THE SKILL AND GET THE BUFF.

A skill doesn't need to do damage in order to be a skill, it just needs to do SOMETHING. A fact that Plan of Action doesn't adhere to.

Plan of Action is literally a glorified passive (The passive HP5 and an effect that is literally emulated by other gods passives such as Fenrir, Cupid, Agni, Baron etc. In the sense of you do something (Use skills/basic attacks) and you gain an additional effect(s) on another ability(s))
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 572
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
    When Nike first came out she was ever so slightly OP. Then she got a few nerfs and was fine. But they just kept on nerfing her into the ground for who knows what reason and now I hardly ever see her played anymore. Her ult currently has a glitch where if she's killed before the shield activates it will still go on cooldown as long as the voiceline was played. If her 1 gets interrupted/silenced/whatever it really hurts, especially if you used your 2 to boost it. She either needs a lot of those previous nerfs undone, or her 2 needs to be changed into an actual skill with her other skills having the plan of action bonus by default. These was how she was on release for what it's worth:

• Passive - To Victory!

• Nike sets three goals that the team can achieve to gain increased strength. Upon completing a goal, Nike's team gains a Laurel that increases Power (+8/10/12%) and Movement Speed (+3/5/7%). This Laurel can increase up to 3 times. Goal 1: Elimitate 10 gods as a team Goal 2: Eliminate 200 Minions as a team Goal 3: At least two allies are level 20
    • Rend

• Nike slams the ground twice, sending out fissures that deal damage (50/85/120/155/190 +50% Physical Power). If a target is hit twice, that target loses protections (4/8/12/16/20) for 5 seconds. If Nike's 'Plan of Action' is active, Rend gains an additional attack. If a target is hit three times, that target is disarmed. Cost: 60/65/70/75/80. Cooldown: 12s
    • Plan of Action

• Nike draws upon her vast battle experience to plan her next move. Passive: Nike gains (10/15/20/25/30) HP5. Active: Nike's next ability gains bonus damage (20/30/40/50/60) and a special effect. Cost: 30/35/40/45/50. Cooldown: 18/17/16/15/14s.
    • Valiant Leap

• Nike leaps into the air then crashes down at a location dealing damage (65/115/165/215/265 + 60% Physical Power) and knocking up enemies. If Nike's 'Plan of Action' is active, she travels to the location much faster. Cost: 55/60/65/70/75. Cooldown: 18s
    • Sentinel of Zeus

• Nike transforms into an armored sentinel and sends out a shockwave that damages (100/165/230/295/360 +80% Physical Power) and slows (30%) enemies around her. While in this form, she gains 40% of her max health as a shield. If Nike's 'Plan of Action' is active, Nike instead gains 60% of her max health as a shield and applies a 60% slow. Cost: 90/95/100/105/110. Cooldown: 100s.
    That's right I remember they did nerf her back then. So I played her for shits and giggles and gave her attack speed and crits and she did a lot of damage LOL, but of course I was squishy too. Telling you, if I have a healer on me and just made her an assassin, she can do good damage. Plus her plan of action to me is like a buff that just enhances your abilities, but that's all it really does which I find unimpressive, but I guess it's better than nothing. Also, her 1 is very strong and has great reach, but that's pretty much your bread and butter combined with 2. And her 3, I mainly like to save that to escape oppose to use it for offensive purposes.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Some1Guy's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Well so far this is the best arena build i can come up with.

Warrior Tabi, BlackThorn hammer, Rage, Breastplate of Valor, Shoguns Kusari, Midgaurd Mail.

*Tabi for power.
    *Blackthorn for hp cooldown and mp5 some minor power, this is placed here as the next item is damage.
    *Rage here is for the single primary damage component the other hammer that slows could fit as well for more hp, but this way you can actually do signifigant damage.
    *Breastplate here adds 20 cool down phys def.
    *Shoguns is choosen over other magical def items here because of the 20 % atk speed aura as well as 10 cd and 20% ccr.
    *Midguardian mail is choosen primarily for the 300 hp as a anti adc end match item.

The stats round out at lv 20 to
    85 power 162 attack with 40% crit 1.24 attack speed + shoguns 40 cool down
    180 phys def 108 mag def 2820 hp 23 hp5 42 mp5.

The last and maybe the last two items are probably the most flexable to change out, but this is the roundest arena build i can come up with that doesn't rely on the frostbound hammer for the damage component. The weak point in the build is when your building bov and your a bit weak as you wont get cooldowns till it comes on and the rage is'nt much of a defense item.

But basically this plays a bit more like a phys guardian then a warrior.
    Last edited by Some1Guy; 09-12-2018 at 02:48 AM.