Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Does No One Talk About Nike?

New Member Cupidhead XFreshness's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384

Why Does No One Talk About Nike?

She's terrible. Like completely awful. I bought a skin for her and it was one of the worst things I've ever done in my life because I feel compelled to play her.

I mean I get her passive is strong. Probably too strong--especially on a decent team. Sure. But she is just unrelenting garbage to play. Her rend is bad. Her leap is bad. Her ultimate is decent but not for its cooldown. And plan of action? That's like...lets take up a skill slot so all of your abilities either suck MORE (like rend) or do what they should in the first place(like her jump).

She is just god awful (see what I did there?).

And I just want people to talk about it.

P.S. Every time I use Sentinel of Zeus and die before it goes off while still spending the cooldown I want to sue Hi-Rez.

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Nike seems really oddly designed.

Like, her thing is that she has one less skill than everyone else because Plan of Action merely boosts one of her other skills.

Which makes you think that her skills would be on par with everyone else's and then get boosted to being significantly stronger than a typical skill.

But in reality her skills are HOT GARBAGE without Plan of Action and instead get boosted UP to the strength of everyone else's skills... Meaning that Nike gets 1 skill that's up to par and then is stuck with 2 shitty skills while PoA is on CD...

Which makes literally no sense and results in her being mostly just a passive bot, there to buff actually useful gods and then throw out an ult in a teamfight so she can stay alive for a long time in order to keep giving that passive to everyone.

But yeah, the design seems so strange and she is literally carried by her passive being really effective (Especially at her release before it was nerfed a ton)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Member Follower
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Like, her thing is that she has one less skill than everyone else because Plan of Action merely boosts one of her other skills.
    if uses your logic i give you a lsit of gods with 1 less ability (i mean ability wich works only with other abilities or give boost) :

Agni - fog
    ah muzen cab - hive (other steroid gods)
    ah puch - corpse explosion
    amaterasu - divine presence
    ares - bolster defences
    and shit load of others whom i lazy to list

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 3,080
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Nike have the highest winrate in diamond+ becuz she is amazing mostly becuz of her passive she pretty much always ends up in top 5 highest winrate gods in diamond+
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Alordacas View Post
    if uses your logic i give you a lsit of gods with 1 less ability (i mean ability wich works only with other abilities or give boost) :

Agni - fog
    ah muzen cab - hive (other steroid gods)
    ah puch - corpse explosion
    amaterasu - divine presence
    ares - bolster defences
    and shit load of others whom i lazy to list
    Agni fumes actually deals damage though (Max rank it can deal 500 + 50% damage over its full duration) so can be used to clear waves.

Ah Muzen Cab Hive is literally a huge steroid on speed and movement speed.

Ah Puch's corpse explosion is still a damaging skill in its own right (Though this is kind of lame without corpses to detonate...)

Ameterasu's Divine Presence is literally her best skill as its AoE speed/power and self healing for her.

Ares's Bolster Defences is actually one of his strongest skills what with the massive AoE prots and CCR.

Plan of Action literally does nothing by itself other than a measly bit of HP5 (Which could essentially just be an actual passive...).

Literally the only thing that comes close in terms of not being a skill is Bacchus' Chug which mostly just serves to make his passive work (Though it also gives temp prots too)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,480
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    But she's not terrible. Rend + PoA has always been unmissable, high-damage poke that also provides strong early clear. She's strong partly for the same reason as Thor--easily-confirmed, long-range, absurdly-high early-game damage.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 1,673
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Nike is really badly designed and overall pretty boring. Most of the time she'll just end up being a walking (broken) passive and ult bot. Earlygame she is pretty easy to clear and poke with, but otherwise yea she's just another ability-warrior that's just... there.

She's only good because of the passive, if she didn't have that she'd be total garbage.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Can't think of any other god who is more boring than Nike. Literally the worst designed kit in SMITE history.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Some1Guy's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 250 Experience Points
    The problem is she just is to weak in too many areas she needs cooldown she needs alot of hp she needs armor she needs two slots for weapons. She needs some speed she needs power. she simply doesn't have the requisite slots to bring her up to basic levels of other warriors.

I have been trying to find a strong arena build for her now for a week best one i made up still falls short.
    If i do find a solid build ill post it. I pretty much have a solid base build for everything but warriors even still she is exceptionally hard to build.

The one thing remarkable about her is her wide area swing which can be amazing to unload on a group if you have built her mostly offensively. But then she is super squishy. Still im trying to find a build that takes advantage of that asset.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    I like Nike but then I don't like her. One of my issues with her is I have to constantly wear cool down items in order to feel I can do combos better. So I feel I'm reliant on ensuring her cool downs are maxed at least 30-40% kind of like how I play Aphro. However, what I like about her is she can is a great pusher and has an ability to escape and save herself with her ult. Another great aspect that I find is if you give her attack speed LOL she can whoop your ass but the downfall is she can be put down easily as well. So with Nike for me, I have to ensure she has armor and max her cool downs in order to feel productive. So technically, I feel she is better as a bruiser pusher.
    Last edited by Diamondrainn; 09-10-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!