Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Golden Blade

New Member Cupidhead NinGangsta's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Golden Blade

I really didn't want to see this item return to the game. We will again see an influx of AA assassins rising to the meta with their absurd clear potential. This item will become a mandatory pick to clear jungle camps efficiently, and I'm extremely unhappy they took the movement speed away from heartseeker. Heartseeker should have stayed because ability junglers will now have a harder time rotating around the map and being able to burst efficiently. Questionable change for sure, but we'll manage.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 275
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by NinGangsta View Post
    We will again see an influx of AA assassins rising to the meta with their absurd clear potential.
    No.

2200g to be still worse than what Ability Assassins get to do for free...

At best, it's going to make Arachne/Baka/Kali actually pickable, IF you can get past that 2.2k gold worth of absolutely trash clear and not get invaded tf.

Otherwise, Ability based Assassins, Warriors and even Guardians can insta-clear camps with 1 ability and a couple of basics from level 1 and without having to buy a specific item (Bearing in mind that the aforementioned Assassins already need to get Hastened Katana and Qin's Sais before they can actually contribute) will transition into 1 shotting camps with a single ability pretty quickly.

That is, until Ability based or Hybrid Assassins/Warriors get the item nerfed because they find a way to abuse it (Such as Mercury cleaving his standard One-Punch-Man crits. Bellona cleaving off her cleaves while she cleaves with her cleave using her Bludgeon... Erlang Shen and double proc cleaves with Berserker's Shield giving ridiculous sustain. Ravana getting to super charge his passive shield with cleave basics with his recent change to get stacks per target hit...)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by NinGangsta View Post
    I really didn't want to see this item return to the game. We will again see an influx of AA assassins rising to the meta with their absurd clear potential.
    People are not going to spend 2200g to make their clear better. People keep forgetting that the whole issue with Golden Bow was that they just moved a T3's passive to a T2 item for half the price with no other changes, this is no longer the case.

If Supports with Focus Shoes as their only damage can easily kill jungle camps by themselves, I don't think AA-assassins will need to go Golden Blade. Besides, jungle camps were made super squishy coming into S5, they are the absolute last thing in the game you would ever need item assistance in killing.

And even about AA-assassin clear; Kali has two abilities to clear a camp, one of them already good enough, Nemesis has AA-cancels and Slice & Dice, Bakasura has devour to execute big jungle creeps and his passive for better clear, Merc has passive and Made You Look, Arachne has her great heal, passive, and babies to tank for her, etc. etc. You aren't going to see this item in the jungle.
    Last edited by Goobis; 09-08-2018 at 09:24 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Junior Member Cupidhead Enigma0Gaming's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    in short
    change the price 2200 -> 2500 THIS ITEM SHOULD BE A SUPPLEMENTAL DAMAGE ITEM NOT A FULL POWER ITEM
    power from 30 -> 15
    attack speed from 10 -> 15%

passive
    lower minion damage from 75% to 40%
    lower player damage from 50% to 20%

do a max cap per basic attack trigger to only do up to the amount of the original basic attack in the area.
    Example basic attack for 750 can only do up to 750 this stops clearing an entire lane in one hit set a hard cap on the damage it can produce, also helps reduce the OP nature of this item in team fights
    Last edited by Enigma0Gaming; 09-21-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma0Gaming View Post
    Example basic attack for 750 can only do up to 750 this stops clearing an entire lane in one hit set a hard cap on the damage it can produce, also helps reduce the OP nature of this item in team fights
    If this item is actually hitting multiple people in teamfights...

Boy, I really wonder how people of that skill level are going to fare against the entire Mage class whom have much larger AoE's and can really punish people who are all stacked up tight enough for Golden Blade to cleave multiple gods...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigma0Gaming View Post
    in short
    change the price 2200 -> 2500 THIS ITEM SHOULD BE A SUPPLEMENTAL DAMAGE ITEM NOT A FULL POWER ITEM
    power from 30 -> 15
    attack speed from 10 -> 15%
    It already is a supplemental dmg item 30 power and 15 as is meh. The passive also is meh unless you have high power already. Tbh I don't get people building this as first item. The passive is only good once you have lots of item behind it already. Baka might be the only exception as he has a strong aa steroid and an ult that gives his autos a cone effect.

Question though is baka 3 affected by this skill? Cause afaik it is a separate dmg from his normal aa dmg and I don't know how the game handles that effect in terms of aa/ability dmg.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 09-22-2018 at 01:57 AM.
    Rocking the boat

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Tbh I don't get people building this as first item. The passive is only good once you have lots of item behind it already.
    It's supposed to be built first item, since it's a wave clear enhancing tool.

Its god cleave is just a side effect (Also, something to justify an item giving it and not just sticking jungle camp cleave onto Assassin's Blessing )

Question though is baka 3 affected by this skill? Cause afaik it is a separate dmg from his normal aa dmg and I don't know how the game handles that effect in terms of aa/ability dmg.
    No.

Only basic attack damage is cleaved. Baka's 3 is not a basic attack.

Much like other damage procs are not transferred such as Qin's, Heartseeker, Arachne steroids etc.
    Preferred Gods:

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 646
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

Its god cleave is just a side effect (Also, something to justify an item giving it and not just sticking jungle camp cleave onto Assassin's Blessing )
    Alright, who really needs better wave clear after first item then? I don't play enough conq to know this. Baka clears jungle pretty fast as it is, does he really need wave clear? I feel kali clears pretty bad does it help her farm faster? If anything I could see it have use for solo laners?

And since I don't play much conq the observation of ppl building it first item is not in conq
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Alright, who really needs better wave clear after first item then? I don't play enough conq to know this. Baka clears jungle pretty fast as it is, does he really need wave clear? I feel kali clears pretty bad does it help her farm faster? If anything I could see it have use for solo laners?

And since I don't play much conq the observation of ppl building it first item is not in conq
    Nobody does, its pointless.

The only one that would need it is Xbal, but Xbal can just perma-toggle his 1 with Hunters Blessing. You could make the argument for Arachne but she has her babies to draw aggro and her heal for sustain. The best case scenario is assassin-solo, but you don't want an assassin in the solo lane with the current meta as it is, so the item really isn't doing anybody any favors.
    Last edited by Goobis; 09-23-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Alright, who really needs better wave clear after first item then?
    No-one really NEEDS it.

Some gods can still use it though. Arachne, Baka and Kali aren't super fast at clearing since they're mostly single target basics. They don't have insta-clear AoE abilities like other gods. They're not super slow, especially given their hypercarry nature making them deal a ton of DPS as they get items online, but they're not "Press one button, camp is gone" like things such as Ring Toss or Deathbane are.

But honestly, it's actually pre-first item that clear is important. Especially as that widens the pool of gods that can use better clear to including Awilix (Since her Featherstep nerf), Fenrir (He has to get 5 stacks before he has AoE) and Loki (His Decoy is pretty shit without an item...)

Thus, the item isn't actually that good. Outside some silly interactions against idiots that stack up on each other so things like Merc's Made You Look or Baka's ult that deal AoE basic attack damage can multi-cleave against gods (Since every target hit by the skill/attack will cleave to all targets around them. Meaning if you hit 3 people all clumped up, they all take the initial hit and 2 cleaves and take essentially double damage)

Also, why they really could have just added like 30% cleave on jungle camps to Ass Blessing and that'd worked. Since that would boost basic attack focused gods a little bit while those that clear mostly by just using an ability would be largely unaffected.
    Preferred Gods: