Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Chernobogs ult is INSANELY OP

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    He said "top pick/ban." #4 is not the top.
    Yes it is.

2 Bans per side at start totals 4 so #4 Pick/Ban counts.

You're nitpicking a detail too much here. He clearly did not mean #1 Pick/Ban, meant top as in one of the usual first 4 choices along with Freya, Ne Zha, Baron and Athena (yes that is actually 5 but those are considered the most contested top ones).

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,156
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Yes it is.

2 Bans per side at start totals 4 so #4 Pick/Ban counts.

You're nitpicking a detail too much here. He clearly did not mean #1 Pick/Ban, meant top as in one of the usual first 4 choices along with Freya, Ne Zha, Baron and Athena (yes that is actually 5 but those are considered the most contested top ones).
    "Top" means "top." He never said I misunderstood him, so it makes sense to assume I did not. Chernobog is behind 3 other gods in both pick and ban rates, meaning he is not picked/banned in as many games as the top 3. There's a pretty big difference there.

In any case, if pick and ban rates actually correlate to god strength, why the fuck is Loki nowhere near the bottom in either department?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 651
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    "Top" means "top."
    IDK, typically, in the context of picks/bans, "Top" doesn't always mean number 1.

Especially since there's that 2 bans per team, then first pick into 2 2nd picks.

Meaning the highest priority selections spans across AT LEAST 7 slots.

In any case, if pick and ban rates actually correlate to god strength, why the fuck is Loki nowhere near the bottom in either department?
    'cause people are bad.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    If you're going to make a poorly-supported argument, at least have the courtesy to use correct information. He is not top pick or ban, as seen on this table.
    It's a fact that he is top pick/ban in every game at the level I play Diamond+ unless there is the very rare chance no one wants him because they are bored of playing him. This is also the same fact for SPL as well. He clearly needs a good nerf based on the facts of how strong he is at the moment even if you might enjoy the god or not.

Also, top pick/ban does not mean that god needs to be the first pick for the first side to pick and can be picked after the first god picked. There can be other op gods worth picking first based on the player/team, but that does not mean Chernobog is not a top pick/ban at the moment.

And lastly I want to say that link is for the last patch and not the one we are playing on now 5.16.

If they really want to nerf the ult just slow down the shadows so it's much more easy to get away from them so they don't slow you as much. They move way too fast right now even at rank 1.

And yes, I was here for Cernunnos release not that should matter since he's not the one being talked about here.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    It's a fact that he is top pick/ban in every game at the level I play Diamond+ unless there is the very rare chance no one wants him because they are bored of playing him. This is also the same fact for SPL as well. He clearly needs a good nerf based on the facts of how strong he is at the moment even if you might enjoy the god or not.
    Being top pick/ban does not necessarily mean a nerf is required.

Since there will ALWAYS be top pick/bans, even if every god is equal, since there are meta's and FotM.

Like, there was a point where Thoth and Janus were top pick/ban in every SPL game, but it didn't take a nerf for them to go to the back seat, it instead took other gods competing for the top slot or their role (Heck, we don't even see Thoth/Janus in a majority of SPL games these days)

Really, the only grounds that should be used when justifying a nerf for a god is simply "Is the god overpowered?" and while Chern is strong, I personally don't feel he's "Overpowered" not like some obviously broken gods like release Cernnunos/Baron.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Being top pick/ban does not necessarily mean a nerf is required.

Since there will ALWAYS be top pick/bans, even if every god is equal, since there are meta's and FotM.

Like, there was a point where Thoth and Janus were top pick/ban in every SPL game, but it didn't take a nerf for them to go to the back seat, it instead took other gods competing for the top slot or their role (Heck, we don't even see Thoth/Janus in a majority of SPL games these days)

Really, the only grounds that should be used when justifying a nerf for a god is simply "Is the god overpowered?" and while Chern is strong, I personally don't feel he's "Overpowered" not like some obviously broken gods like release Cernnunos/Baron.
    Yes it does! People are not top picking a god in ranked/SPL because it's bad. And on top of that fact his win rate and how well he does in every game he is in is over the top good. He's very much op right now and there is a good reason his pick/ban/win rate are so high no matter what level he is played at.

Thoth got nerfed hard right before SPL started up again and Janus also got hit with nerfs. What are you even talking about?! Get your facts first before you make a post like this one please!

And yes, I have watched SPL of S5 since the start and have played in diamond+ games for all of S5 so I know exactly what the meta is for S5 from the start to now.

Achievements:
    Yes it does! People are not top picking a god in ranked/SPL because it's bad.
    But that doesn't necessarily mean that the god is OP either.

If every god was perfectly balanced, some would get picked first...

There have been plenty of gods that have been high pick priority but didn't need nerfs. Artemis was recently the number 1 Hunter before Chern and she didn't get nerfed (Her passive got adjusted, technically giving her more damage)

Hou Yi was priority before that.

Rama's consistently been high tier pick priority.

Oh, Jing Wei is getting picked more these days. Better nerf her!

Nerf Geb, the number 6 highest pick/ban.

So then you've dumpstered the top 6 picks. Then picks 7-12 will become best, better nerf them too. Oh, and then 13-18!

Nerf all the gods! Why? Because people pick them because they're not trash!

Thoth got nerfed hard right before SPL started up again
    "Nerfed hard" when really the only impact is that he won't proc Mage's Blessing off his wall... At a time when most people are skipping Mage's Blessing to rush new buffed Book of Thoth... (Yes, there are other item procs that won't work with him. None of them were built on the standard Thoth players)
    Preferred Gods:

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,156
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Yes it does! People are not top picking a god in ranked/SPL because it's bad.
    Again, Loki--quite possibly the worst god in Smite for his lack of teamfight potential--is nowhere near the bottom of the pecking order. Not only that, but the metagame is centered around popularity, not balance. People try to copy the pros and they do what's done most commonly. It's self-propagating. Even in a perfectly balanced game, there would be favorites among the community. Does balance affect it? Yes. Does it reflect balance? Hell fucking no.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Cupidhead Tilk2006's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I don't think so, I and my mates escaped from Chernobog after his ult many times. I think it's balanced. Use items, what can diffuse this effects. If some effects will be removing, his ults lets be similar like ult of Thor, or Ratatoscr, or another.
    Last edited by Tilk2006; 09-15-2018 at 03:26 AM.