Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chernobogs ult is INSANELY OP

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Yup! His ult is still way too good and he needs more of a nerf still, he's still top pick/ban every game in ranked. If they don't want to keep nerfing the ult they could try nerfing his 3 CD and/or the 2 again. But for sure he needs another nerf and he is one of the most broken hunters to ever come out in Smite.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,180
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    he's still top pick/ban every game in ranked.
    If you're going to make a poorly-supported argument, at least have the courtesy to use correct information. He is not top pick or ban, as seen on this table.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    But for sure he needs another nerf and he is one of the most broken hunters to ever come out in Smite.
    Were you there for Cernunnos release? Cernunnos at release makes Cherno look underpowered. You guys are screaming that he's OP based on a single ultimate that has a long cooldown that's relative to other global ults. Other than that you guys have brought up nothing else and screaming that there's no way to counter this despite the numerous examples we have set before you. If you're going to continue screaming, no one's going to be taking you seriously here on the forums.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Tagger Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    If you're going to make a poorly-supported argument,
    You say this like there are no other abilities in the game that mandate you save a certain ability for when they're used. By your logic, Hades, Ymir, Sobek, and a multitude of other gods are OP.
    You do see how comparing a character that can literally show up ANYWHERE on the map in a second to ymir hades and sobek makes literally NO SENSE WHATSOEVER?!

The whole thread is about how his global rotation ult is way too good. And you somehow manage to try to compare it to ymir hades sobek? LMAO

top tier forum discussions..
    ohh well

anyway its broken af, please nerf it

Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    Yeah, it is. 110s cooldown on a hunter that most people don't build cdr on,
    @the cooldown - when he was played in SPL recently, the guy who played him (yammyn wolfy, cant remember who ti was exactly) built Jotunns wrath early. Thats a fairly bad item on a hunter with a solid steroid but can give you an idea how insane his ult really is.
    Last edited by CurrentValue; 09-11-2018 at 04:54 AM.

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 663
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    Were you there for Cernunnos release?
    You mean Penta-nunnos.

Gosh was he dumb...

W+LMB for days...

Though... Doesn't compare to Skadi release... Proccing Talaria Boots each time you sic'd your doggo on someone (So you'd sic him then recall him instantly for free gold)... Not to mention he had a ton more damage as well as his complete immunity during the ult since it was before that previous season's nerf...

Quote Originally Posted by CurrentValue View Post
    You do see how comparing a character that can literally show up ANYWHERE on the map in a second to ymir hades and sobek makes literally NO SENSE WHATSOEVER?!

The whole thread is about how his global rotation ult is way too good. And you somehow manage to try to compare it to ymir hades sobek?
    If you bother to follow logic and not just scream fowl at anyone who doesn't blindly accept your view, you'd notice something.

That being:

Chernobog's ult has counterplay. It's not the end-all-be-all supreme uncounterable ability that auto-wins every game.

It's strong, yes, but it has things you can do to prevent it.

Such as not running around trying to take objectives alone while under vision so that the Chern can easily ult and rotate onto your face and 1v1 you with his bonuses.

If you DO want to yolo and put yourself in a position to be easily rotated onto by Chern ult, then hold onto skills that will aid you with dealing with that inevitable rotation (Such as ground based effects to put under his shadow, or mobility skills that let you get away from his shadow or him after he appears at his shadows location) - Much like you might hold onto a skill to deal with gods like Hades/Ymir/Sobek etc when you're moving into a prime location to be caught out by them (Sure, it's not global presence you have to worry about, but teamfighting)

Chern's ult is strong, when it can be capitalized on, but it does have weaknesses. Such as the fact that it has next to no teamfight presence. Meaning that if your team starts to deathball earlier than usual Chern has much less time of having an actually useful ult (Especially since unlike other global ults, if he wants to utilize it he has to go to an ENEMY target so he can't even do something like back to base, heal up then ult into a fight without risking being insta-blown up by the 5 people waiting for him on the other team)

It's mostly a ganking tool, that allows him to assist in ganks or to surprise counter a gank attempt. It's simple enough to keep that in mind and then play around it. Such as really high level plays like not walking around alone under vision.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class

The whole thread is about how his global rotation ult is way too good. And you somehow manage to try to compare it to ymir hades sobek? LMAO

top tier forum discussions..
    ohh well

anyway its broken af, please nerf it
    Maybe you'd understand the comparison if you actually bothered to read the post. All of the gods I named force escapes with their ult; if you don't have them when they ult, you're probably fucked because they're likely to net a kill for the god using them. The only difference between theirs and Chern's is that they rely on an AoE CC and damage ability where he merely uses a global ult that puts him in a position to deal damage with the rest of his kit. What these gods all share is that if you just save your escape for when they ult, you'll find that--shockingly--you'll actually be better off; and if your escape has been forced beforehand by another enemy, that's called basic team coordination.

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    i can't form a proper argument to save my life so i'm gonna insult you instead of backing up my claim in any capacity beyond whining
    Translation for those of us who aren't closed-minded scrubs.

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    You mean Penta-nunnos.

Gosh was he dumb...

W+LMB for days...
    Thank god fatalis was removed before Chernobog released or we would've seen something akin to cern or skadi talaria

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 800
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Chernobog has a current record in Pros of being in 15 match wins and 15 losses, most of them do not have high K/Ds as seen going through the various builds and players who used him.

Sure he is a top Pick and Ban but that does not mean he is extremely strong.

I find the lack of interest in Pele so far disturbing, only time seen this week yet was in a console match where for no reason known someone used her in Midlane. A Mixer viewer said she was not legit for Pros until next week but that makes no sense since a console team used her.

If you're going to make a poorly-supported argument, at least have the courtesy to use correct information. He is not top pick or ban, as seen on this table.
    Actually on that table Chrenobog is #4 Pick and Ban.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstreak View Post
    Actually on that table Chrenobog is #4 Pick and Ban.
    He said "top pick/ban." #4 is not the top.

Muh Concepts