Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why I'm Leaving Smite

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Why I'm Leaving Smite

This posting is about ranked play, which is just about the only mode I play.

1 - toxic community - keep hoping it will improve, but it doesn't

2 - idiotic suspension and ban policy - people who spout hate in voice chat get to keep playing, whereas the player who has to leave a few matches early to take care of a young child gets suspended -- WTF?

3 - longer queues -- since the MM re-do, queue times are insane and it's not uncommon to have multiple 6-8-minute queues b/c of ppl leaving lobby

4 - longer queues without any apparent improvement in matchmaking quality -- very very few game are close, so that either team could win -- mostly blowouts

5 - less opponent variety -- as a result of changes to MM and a shrinking community perhaps, you see the same people match after match

6 - too much time investment for too little fun -- matches are usually uneven; you can play forever just to get that one close match that could go either way. It's not fun to steamroll or get steamrolled game after game. And the time investment, b/c of queue times and the issue below relating to F6, is huge.

7 - F6 requiring 4 votes to pass -- this relates back to the previous point, but in games that are a pretty clear loss, uneven, no fun, you still are forced to spend 30+ minutes because there always seem to be 2 people "playing for late game"

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    1. Yep, I think this is the reason why most people quit; and while it's worse in ranked it's plenty present in casual as well. Hi-rez really needs to take a tougher stand on this as I think it's currently Smite's biggest problem.

2. While I agree that people spouting hateful remarks need to be banned, AKFers and leavers also need some sort of penalty. Hi-rez has no way of telling whether you left due to a legit reason, a rage quit, or a disconnect; so they all have to be treated the same. As long as you don't leave games frequently you shouldn't lose more than a few goodwill and maybe get a warning message. If you don't come back before the match ends you get a forced wait time before you can queue again, but this is necessary to discourage people from ragequitting and immediately hoping into another game where they could juat do the same thing again.

3 & 4. While I agree the queues are longer, I actually have noticed matchmaking improvements in most modes. Of course I play casual much more than ranked so our experiences might be different, but the few ranked matches I've played since the switch have seemed relatively balanced. I've also found that most times you can find a queue that pops in under 2 minutes if you don't care which mode you play (again this is for casual, ranked queues usually take around 3.5 minutes in my experience if you don t care which ranked mode), and I haven't had many issues with people leaving the lobby and forcing a requeueing either.

5. While I agree with this to an extent, having a familiar face or two in a balanced match is preferable to having none in an unbalanced one, at least for me. I know you said you weren't seeing the same improved matchmaking I was though, so I understand the difference of opinion due to that. Unfortunately I don't think the community is going to stop shrinking at the mid and upper levels until they do something about the toxicity, matchmaking, and god balance; so this is likely to continue being an issue.

6. I would have agreed with you before the change to queue timed matchmaking, but despite how much I thought I was going to hate it I did end up seeing improving match quality for me, albeit at the cost of a slightly longer wait time. Ultimately though the only one that can decided whether a game is worth the your investment is you, so if you aren't having fun it's ok to take a break or quit altogether if you can't see yourself coming back.

7. I agree that this is really stupid; if it's 3-2 in favor of quitting that should be a surrender since the majority of players want out. I also don't believe that non-votes should count as a "no" like they currently do, but either as a "Yes" or not counted at all. If two people vote yes and nobody else votes, then that should also be a surrender since the others didn't care enough to vote one way or the other.
    I'm a NA PC player looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 118; I have 20 gods rank V or higher and 6 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, Nemesis, Nu Wa, & Izanami). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have 1.5K+ hours put into the game; IGN is MysticMidnight.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasil View Post
    This posting is about ranked play, which is just about the only mode I play.

1 - toxic community - keep hoping it will improve, but it doesn't

2 - idiotic suspension and ban policy - people who spout hate in voice chat get to keep playing, whereas the player who has to leave a few matches early to take care of a young child gets suspended -- WTF?

3 - longer queues -- since the MM re-do, queue times are insane and it's not uncommon to have multiple 6-8-minute queues b/c of ppl leaving lobby

4 - longer queues without any apparent improvement in matchmaking quality -- very very few game are close, so that either team could win -- mostly blowouts

5 - less opponent variety -- as a result of changes to MM and a shrinking community perhaps, you see the same people match after match

6 - too much time investment for too little fun -- matches are usually uneven; you can play forever just to get that one close match that could go either way. It's not fun to steamroll or get steamrolled game after game. And the time investment, b/c of queue times and the issue below relating to F6, is huge.

7 - F6 requiring 4 votes to pass -- this relates back to the previous point, but in games that are a pretty clear loss, uneven, no fun, you still are forced to spend 30+ minutes because there always seem to be 2 people "playing for late game"
    1. Come on now. Every game will always have toxic/noobs/horrible players. You have to find ways to not let them ruin your games. The best solution is to group with friends.

2. Although I understand that real life comes first, that affects the game. As with Chiagirl stated, there is no way anyone can determine if leaving/afking the game was valid or not. In my perspective, if real life is that bothersome, then it's best not to play a game. The policy in place is to refrain from people from afk/quitting the game, which ultimately ensures games will not be ruined. Rules are rules.

3 and 4 Hmm the longest que I had to wait on average is 3 min, but yes the ques have been longer and I can sense the frustration, but that shouldn't give you the reason to leave the game. Again, group with friends to let the time pass by. Serious, grouping with friends will alleviate many frustration.

5. Unfortunately, I don't see this as an issue. So you see some people in games, not a big deal. Seriously, this is why we have different genres to choose from. Choose another game if you tired of seeing the same players.

6. That's too bad you have this issue or feel this way. As I see it, you win some and you lose some. If your losing all the time, then it it's time to join a clan mate or friend and group up. If that doesn't improve then perhaps you need to analyze your game play and perhaps you are the issue to why your group keeps losing.

7. I am in favor of this rule because players give up too easily, and quitting doesn't allow you to learn from mistakes. Even if losing, learning to why the battle was a fail. This is how you lean how to be a better player.

Summary: Well it seems you have a lot of unsatisfactory experience with the game, and that's very unfortunate. I feel you will have a better experience playing different game modes grouped with clan mates or friends. Also, when grouped with friends, communicate via voice to help increase your win status, and try to stay positive. If you truly want to enjoy this game, try methods that will give you a happier experience, and if that fails, then you are better off taking a break from the game, or just moving on.

Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 951
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran Conversation Starter
    indeed. believe it or not, i've been talking about the surrender feature problem for many years to no avail. i made a very popular thread about an F6 icon a while back. i remember i once made a thread about changes that should be made to the surrender system which involves majority voting on 5v5 matches to either surrender or not. obviously everything i've said about this topic is the pinnacle of competency, logic, and good reasoning. three things hi rez will not stand for.

http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...light=petition

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,292
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Bye Felicia.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    I've compiled the following list of all fucks given:
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Member Follower
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 358
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    1-4 ; 6 suits to any other moba

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Bye Felicia.
    LMAO totally forgot about Bye Felicia LOL thanks for reminding me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I've compiled the following list of all fucks given:
    You failed to put your list...with that said...Bye Felicia!

Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Every game has toxicity true.

But in OverWatch & League OF Legends.

. You don't get banned for feeding in one game as long as it's not intentional
    . You don't have forced roles like in Smite, you get stuck into a role you play poorly or matched with auto locker toxic you get banned after reported.

Blizzard, and Riot games have toxicity way under better control just a true fact, something Smite will likely never have it's a great game, but needs huge improvements to Role Selection, Queue, and IMO is not worthy as an Esports title.

The only down side to Overwatch is Ranked can't queue with Team Mates not the same ranking or close to you, but in League OF Legends you can.

Also in Smite I've got about 25 pictures of toxicity saved in my toxic folder proof of being matched with toxic trolls, having to turn off / mute chat and VGS doing poorly and getting suspended 2 weeks for having a "Hunter" who was toxic yelling leave lane and harassing chat so I did what he wanted game went badly got suspended two weeks, (Just a fact that Smite Favors Toxic Players) and false reports based off stats alone without checking what other players say or do that contribute to one doing bad or forced roles.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 169
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by KatarinaX View Post
    Every game has toxicity true.

But in OverWatch & League OF Legends.

. You don't get banned for feeding in one game as long as it's not intentional
    . You don't have forced roles like in Smite, you get stuck into a role you play poorly or matched with auto locker toxic you get banned after reported.

Blizzard, and Riot games have toxicity way under better control just a true fact, something Smite will likely never have it's a great game, but needs huge improvements to Role Selection, Queue, and IMO is not worthy as an Esports title.

The only down side to Overwatch is Ranked can't queue with Team Mates not the same ranking or close to you, but in League OF Legends you can.

Also in Smite I've got about 25 pictures of toxicity saved in my toxic folder proof of being matched with toxic trolls, having to turn off / mute chat and VGS doing poorly and getting suspended 2 weeks for having a "Hunter" who was toxic yelling leave lane and harassing chat so I did what he wanted game went badly got suspended two weeks, (Just a fact that Smite Favors Toxic Players) and false reports based off stats alone without checking what other players say or do that contribute to one doing bad or forced roles.
    Your story is different than my experience.

Sure it will happen that a game is going bad for you (this really can't be avoided). And sure it does happen that for whatever reason people will report you unjustly. And if you are unlucky, you might even get reported by a 4man toxic premade.

But in the 3733 smite games that I have played so far, I only got this warning "you have been reported by a player, if reports continue further actions may be taken" a dozen times or so.

Its really not that you: play bad --> get reported falsly --> get banned.