Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why I'm Leaving Smite

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Do people seriously quit over toxicity? How do they plan to play anything, since every online game has other people. People = idiots so there will be toxicity.
    Rip & Tear

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Do people seriously quit over toxicity? How do they plan to play anything, since every online game has other people. People = idiots so there will be toxicity.
    Right?! This is why they need to go to Lego Games and play there. Yet, watch them complain that the 8-11 year old kids are toxic because they called them "stupid".
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Apophist's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Same here, there is just no fun anymore…
    At the Moment, what happens to SMITE is what happened to Paragon.

i ll give Smite 6 to 12 month...

Member Follower
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,087
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasil View Post
    This posting is about ranked play, which is just about the only mode I play.

1 - toxic community - keep hoping it will improve, but it doesn't

2 - idiotic suspension and ban policy - people who spout hate in voice chat get to keep playing, whereas the player who has to leave a few matches early to take care of a young child gets suspended -- WTF?

3 - longer queues -- since the MM re-do, queue times are insane and it's not uncommon to have multiple 6-8-minute queues b/c of ppl leaving lobby

4 - longer queues without any apparent improvement in matchmaking quality -- very very few game are close, so that either team could win -- mostly blowouts

5 - less opponent variety -- as a result of changes to MM and a shrinking community perhaps, you see the same people match after match

6 - too much time investment for too little fun -- matches are usually uneven; you can play forever just to get that one close match that could go either way. It's not fun to steamroll or get steamrolled game after game. And the time investment, b/c of queue times and the issue below relating to F6, is huge.

7 - F6 requiring 4 votes to pass -- this relates back to the previous point, but in games that are a pretty clear loss, uneven, no fun, you still are forced to spend 30+ minutes because there always seem to be 2 people "playing for late game"
    1 - This is any game. Please tell me whats so hard with MUTING people. Anyone that complains about the toxicity of a game in 2018 should be banned from the internet. It so easy to deal with people nowadays all you have to do is hit MUTE. There are days I dont want to even be bothered by people and mute the team before the game starts, it helps 100%. But still the biggest problem is you growing a backbone. Only toxic people I deal with are the one that troll in game with a specific character ie. Ymir walling off teammates on purpose. You wont see this is ranked and if you do, YES they get banned.

2 - My brother is on his 8th account and 3rd IP change. He spouts hate all day, yes he gets banned. It takes time. No there shouldn't be a perma ban bc someone drops the N word. They are words learnt o get over it. You leaving a game however now ruins the game for 9 other PEOPLE, not AI, PEOPLE. If you have responsibilities IRL then you shouldn't be in a game that claims time away from them. Sry that suck to hear, but I haven't had any kids yet because I wrapped it. why? I enjoy my time. So id rather deal with a hate filled kiddo who stays the whole game than an adult who pretends hes got it in order but doesn't due to a weak pull out game.

3 - Ques are based on player base, no player base, longer ques. Whys is small? See number 1 and 2.

4 - See 3

5 - See 4

6 - Its 100% fun to steam roll i just wish I could talk to the other team to let them know how much fun im having.

7 - Prolly the only thing i agree with you. Of the few trolls I come across its always groups or 3 that ruin the game. However, because of the type of game this will never change.
    No you shouldn't take games seriously, however if you aren't taking you team seriously then why are you playing multiplayer?
    IGN Redscyte if you need me for ingame assistance.

Senior Member Chosen TheMoldyBanana's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I haven't been around here since 2016 and people still feel the urge to post nonsense like this.

The very people complaining about the toxicity are probably the ones causing it.
    The time has come to change International Law to the law of Interplanetary peoples. They live among us, we among them. It's time for a change in power.

Hi-Rez Support --> https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/ask
    Hi-Rez Server Stats --> http://status.hirezstudios.com/

Most of the time I have no idea what in the hell I'm talking about, but when it comes to Smite, you can count on me to make shit up and hope for the best.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoldyBanana View Post
    I haven't been around here since 2016 and people still feel the urge to post nonsense like this.

The very people complaining about the toxicity are probably the ones causing it.
    Exactly! As far as we are concerned if they can't handle trash talking, then they need to go back to their church and pray for the fucking world to end.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!