Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: November Rant Thread

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitniss View Post
    You should have at least one god of every class that you're comfortable with.

There's no situation in which trying a new god should lead to someone unintentionally feeding 10+ times with no kills. I don't care if my teammates want to try new gods because as long as they understand the game at about the same level as I do, they should be fine.
    While ideally everyone should have a diverse godpool, plenty of people choose not to. We've all seen those people that instalock a god at rank X with 20 some stars, and I swear those people don't play anyone else. They are probably the ones that end up feeding that badly when someone takes their pick. The only way they could kind of force skill in a diverse godset would be in ranked, where they could up the requirements to something like minimum 4 owned gods in each class (warrior, guardian, etc.) at rank 5 or higher in order to play. But rank does not necessarily equal skill, and casuals literally have no way to address the issue at all. If someone only wants to play assassins you can't really stop them, even if it is a bad for the team. It's why smite should let you queue by role like league does.

Quote Originally Posted by Opsin View Post
    f you have played other warriors, or have played against a Herc (which I am sure you have), then you damn well better know how to play him at an average level. And if you go 0 and 10 ... then perhaps you should be doing someting about it. No excuse.
    And this attitude is part of the problem. The only way people can "do something about it" is by playing the character so they can get better...which they are never going to want to do when they get harassed and reported for going 0-10 while trying to learn. Bots and guides only help so much, after that the vast majority of the game is learn as you go and not everyone learns at the same pace. Let's say somebody has played this game for years, but for the most part only played one or two classes. How are they supposed to learn the other classes when they're basically starting out fresh in that area, but matchmaking pairs them like they've been playing for years? They are going to do poorly, they will likely be harassed and reported for it, and that will make them not want to try and leave them to continue playing only one or two classes. Rather than flaming and reporting people, HELP THEM. Tell them how they can improve. "You should build X instead of Y because Z" is a lot more useful than "LOL 0-10 feeder REPORT". And if you see someone doing the latter, tell them to knock it off. Nobody is going to "get good" if they're chased away before they even have a chance to start improving.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 108; I have 58 gods mastered with 17 at rank V or higher and 3 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, and Sol). I play mostly nights and weekends CST time; message me if interested. No trash talkers please.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I love when my Xbox suddenly "doesn't recognize" my controller and disconnects it in the middle of a game (it wasn't dying - it had new batteries), and THEN when my controller is reconnected and functioning, Smite's little pop up freezes and won't get off of the screen or allow me to do anything.

The best part is that after I closed and restarted the game, I actually took the time to explain everything so my team knew I didn't just leave. They pinged me in response. Hope that shit happens to your sorry asses one day and you get treated the same way when it does.

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,420
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Can this fuckers even make a decent launcher? I mean how lame a company can be ffs.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Achievements:
    Why the fuck has the server been consistently trash lately?

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Achievements:
    Siick of getting Bronze team mates in Plat+ games
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

New Member Cupidhead BrigandAsmodeus's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I hate limited skins. I have always hated completely un-obtainable things in games. I hate that the coolest stuff is something that was released and available in a time when I wasn't playing the game, or I didn't have enough money, and so now it is literally impossible to obtain. I hate that people defend limited skins because they seem to think the only way for something cool to have value is so they can have it and someone else can't. I don't mind skins that only come back during certain times or are more expensive. I hate that there's cool shit in this game I can not and will not ever get because I was unlucky enough not to be present when they were selling it.

Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Damn, wish could get that NRG Chrono skin now. sitting on 68 gems and my country's economy is trash, way too trash.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    Siick of getting Bronze team mates in Plat+ games
    I talked about this awhile ago. Problem is not match making, they really improved it. Problem is Smite player pool, specially high elo in both casual and ranked is tanking so, system gotta fill it. and the way failrez doing things, might even further goes down the hill. And now almost all EU pro players left Smite.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Junior Member Cupidhead PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 255
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexNemesis View Post
    I talked about this awhile ago. Problem is not match making, they really improved it. Problem is Smite player pool, specially high elo in both casual and ranked is tanking so, system gotta fill it. and the way failrez doing things, might even further goes down the hill. And now almost all EU pro players left Smite.
    Matchmaking hasn't "really improved". It's gotten steadily worse over the years, and every time Hirez claims to be "working on it", they make it somehow worse than it was before. This last iteration of the queue system is simply them giving up on any sort of actual matchmaking, and just tossing people into a general pool. 95% of matches are still one-sided curb-stomps, and you have 160th level players being matched up against 3rd level players, all because the 160th level is grouped with their 5th level smurfing friend.