Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: November Rant Thread

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by FRONTdeQUICHE View Post
    LLLL aa gggg _ i have punches of lagg since yesterday "update" _ i got accused of speed hack

F8=everything is fine and green though
    yeah that's with me as well ping is fine actually it's better than what i normally get but i still have lag spikes but ping doesnt change even during lags i think they fucked up the ping system somehow gg on them
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Junior Member Cupidhead Absentia3's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points

Isn't it embarassing?

http://smite.guru/match/pc/422953086

I've had like 5-6 Joust games in a row with this matchmaking.
    Someone in this forum had told me that bad mmr was only on classic joust.
    But I see that Joust is even worst.

And, in case you didn't notice it, the enemy team was also 3-premade, while we were 3 solo.

Now I understand why this game won't even go close to LoL/HotS success. Sad but true.

Achievements:
    And now also in conquest...
    http://smite.guru/live/match/pc/422956900
    How can this game have any future with this ridiculous and embarassing matchmaking?

Achievements:
    Again, just started...
    http://smite.guru/live/match/pc/422959024
    No way, matchmaking is totalli inexistent in this game.
    GG WP

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Smite updater fucking sucks they literally gave 1.1gb update and today it got 600mb update again ffs i don't have unlimited internet to keep downloading your updates full of 8 skins and 4 fixes why can't they just give the correct update in the first try this is literally the only game i've seen fucking up with updates every single time
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    "We improved matchmaking guys."

http://smite.guru/censor/match/53392

Idk what our elo score involves but it needs to focus on our stats in each game because this is ridiculous. There is no winning when someone on the team goes 1-15 and no one on the enemy team is that bad. Your wins and losses have very little, if anything, to do with your skill as an individual. There are 4 other people on the team that you have no control over.

We want to be matched with people who have stats kinda like ours - people who won't feed 15 times even when they're drunk. THAT will improve our experience.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitniss View Post
    "We improved matchmaking guys."

http://smite.guru/censor/match/53392

Idk what our elo score involves but it needs to focus on our stats in each game because this is ridiculous. There is no winning when someone on the team goes 1-15 and no one on the enemy team is that bad. Your wins and losses have very little, if anything, to do with your skill as an individual. There are 4 other people on the team that you have no control over.

We want to be matched with people who have stats kinda like ours - people who won't feed 15 times even when they're drunk. THAT will improve our experience.
    I'm personally of the opinion it's impossible to match people accurately unless everyone has to pick a good before matching. If I'm playing as Sol, I'm going to do a lot better than I would playing as Herc for example, because I have Sol at rank X and my Herc doesn't even have a single mastery level on him. But there may be a game where players decide "maybe I should play Herc, he seems good" then get wrecked because they have no idea what they're doing, and matchmaking placed them with the expectation they would be using a god they're familiar with. (And I swear nobody uses bots or jungle practice to get a feel for the god first, and I can't really blame them for it either because bots are so ridiculously easy that it doesn't prepare you for PVP at all.)

As for my rant, good lord people, being bad at the game is not a reportable offense. I had an off game, it happens to everyone, and 3/6/11 isn't really even feeding, much less INTENTIONAL feeding, which is the only kind you can be reported for. I should have just stopped playing after that match, but I had quests I wanted to finish, and ended up doing even worse in subsequent games because I was so tilted from Mr. jerkface from earlier. This of course lead to more players telling everyone to report me for feeding (if it's not intentional it's not reportable you dummies) leading to more tilt, and an ugly downward spiral. Thankfully the quests were only "play X games as Y" and not "win X games" so I eventually got them done and logged off before I really ripped into anybody. Next game I played after that I went 15/3/5 so this just goes to show you shouldn't harass your teammates because it's just going to make them play worse. (And reinforces my point above that if people are playing gods they aren't familiar with due to quests or random selection modes like assault or trying to learn a new character, they are going to do a lot worse than they usually would, and matchmaking can't account for that.)
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 108; I have 58 gods mastered with 17 at rank V or higher and 3 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, and Sol). I play mostly nights and weekends CST time; message me if interested. No trash talkers please.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 385
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
    I'm personally of the opinion it's impossible to match people accurately unless everyone has to pick a good before matching. If I'm playing as Sol, I'm going to do a lot better than I would playing as Herc for example, because I have Sol at rank X and my Herc doesn't even have a single mastery level on him. But there may be a game where players decide "maybe I should play Herc, he seems good" then get wrecked because they have no idea what they're doing, and matchmaking placed them with the expectation they would be using a god they're familiar with. (And I swear nobody uses bots or jungle practice to get a feel for the god first, and I can't really blame them for it either because bots are so ridiculously easy that it doesn't prepare you for PVP at all.)
    You should have at least one god of every class that you're comfortable with.

There's no situation in which trying a new god should lead to someone unintentionally feeding 10+ times with no kills. I don't care if my teammates want to try new gods because as long as they understand the game at about the same level as I do, they should be fine.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitniss View Post
    You should have at least one god of every class that you're comfortable with.

There's no situation in which trying a new god should lead to someone unintentionally feeding 10+ times with no kills. I don't care if my teammates want to try new gods because as long as they understand the game at about the same level as I do, they should be fine.
    This is so true ... if you have been playing Smite for at least a few months, and have played every class (hunter, mage, warrior, guardian, and assassin) you have no excuse to say "I've not played Herc ... of course I'm going to play bad". Don't get me wrong, I definitely have characters I play better on than others but we are not talking about going 3/6/11 ... we are talking about people going 0/8/3 and who clearly play the "new" hunter (for example) like it's a guardian or something, charging into 1 v 3's' etc. When it's truly clear that you are playing a character class not the same way you play other characters of that class.

If you have played other warriors, or have played against a Herc (which I am sure you have), then you damn well better know how to play him at an average level. And if you go 0 and 10 ... then perhaps you should be doing someting about it. No excuse.

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    I know they get this every month but the MM is atrocious. I think it's actually gotten worse since the introduction of the timed queues. I am certain that part of it is simply the low populations. There is no way Smite is as popular as it was 3 + years ago but I digress.

Simply fix your MM. And that will need you to fix your ELO calculations. They are wrong. Everyone is much closer in ELO as compared to their actual skill level. People even just 100 points below me are clearly noobs. They should be 500+ points below me, it's that simple.

This would not worry me if it wasn't happening more than 50% of the time but, simply, it is. Stomp or be stomped.