Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nox changes

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class

Nox changes

Been waiting for a while to find something like this.
    https://smite.gg/stats

Nox isn't doing too well currently. Of the mage class, she has 2nd lowest win rate and 2nd lowest pick rate.
    One thing I thought about was changing her passive so it's more useful instead of just providing more damage on a situational goddess.

I like the candles, but just having them give 3% bonus magical power is.... lackluster. Perhaps have it be something that she can use with her kit eg once she hits 4 stacks, her next ability does % max health damage or something to do with cc since she's a lockdown mage.

I just would really like her to come out of this slump where she's too situational that she's rarely ever used in matches out of the mages, and I think one of the ways we can achieve that is by reworking her passive.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 1,301
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    They could rework her passive into something more utility oriented or add onto the current one, but that's all I can see them touching since her base kit is already really good. I think Nox is fine and has her place in who play her, she's just harder to play than others.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Nox's main issue is that she isn't braindead ezpz to play, since she's very binary. Either you land your 2>1 combo and blow someone up, or you miss and do 0 damage.

Even her ult isn't the easiest thing to hit for it's not top tier damage output (Though, part of that is made up by it's pretty insane damage reduction debuff)

Unlike Scylla she can't insta-detonate her AoE while getting 25% prot ignore with it.

Unlike most other mages her damage is heavily skewed towards her 2, making just landing the 1 kind of meh (Outside the CC it provides)

Her passive is also kind of lacklustre getting just flat 3-12% more power (While being heavily screwed over by DoT effects).

The positives of her are that she provides a disgusting amount of CC, which makes her a useful support god. Especially since it does divorce her from the need to land her combo as both her 1 and 2 can be used independently for their crowd control.

That said, the only things I can see her getting changed (Outside of another total kit overhaul to make her not just "Bad Scylla") is a new/altered passive (Again) and maybe having her 1 deal damage to minions to give her a little bit better safe wave clear.

But even then, she'd still be hampered by the need to actually be precise with her combo in order to deal any damage (Whilst also being hard countered by CC immunities that let targets break free of said combo and also high movement speed that let targets get outside of her bubble before her 1 can even reach them)

Though there's a downside to having Nox get looked at, they might decide to make something actually stop her 1's channel since silencing her or even killing her doesn't always stop that "Channelled" skill...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    First I think it needs defining what role Nox should be for in Conquest. Her kit does not lend itself well to Mid, Solo or ADC. Jungling has tough clear the first 2-3 levels. That leaves Support.
    Whatever she gets should benefit the role(s) she can fit best.
    Still one of my best killers outside Conquest.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    IMO she mostly needs some QoL and a different passive. I say make her bubble hit minions in a wider radius than gods so she doesn't have to be so precise with the enemy wave, if nothing else.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    IMO she mostly needs some QoL and a different passive. I say make her bubble hit minions in a wider radius than gods so she doesn't have to be so precise with the enemy wave, if nothing else.
    I mean, it's not that hard to land it on a minion wave once you get used to it. But yeah the biggest push I would like to see is her passive being changed.

And for other commenting, yes, I'm aware that she isn't ezpz play. I love playing her and love that she's more difficult.
    But as Wild stated, she doesn't fit into any role really well, which is why she's situational at best, and probably why her pick rate is one of the lowest among the mages. And as I've said, I think touching on her passive, either adding onto it or reworking it completely will be the best thing they can do for nudging her towards a specific role.

Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Her passive is also kind of lacklustre getting just flat 3-12% more power (While being heavily screwed over by DoT effects).
    Omg I hate DoTs so much while playing her. I mean, I get it if it's from a god ability that specifically does DoT, but I never understood why old Bluestone Pendant or crusher rn knock out her candles coz they have DoT ticks. It's just unnecessary punishment, coz sometimes you can really feel that 12% power boost at full stax and now it's gone and you have to use 4 more abilities just because you got hit once by a ne zha ring bounce.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Saerireth View Post
    And for other commenting, yes, I'm aware that she isn't ezpz play. I love playing her and love that she's more difficult.
    Yeah, but its a double edged sword. Not being braindead means low pick rate because why pick a hard to do well with god when you could pick Baron and get free kills while mashing your face on the keyboard with 4 other feeding teammates?

So you do have to consider the balance between hard enough to be fun to play and easy enough for people to pick consistently.

And as I've said, I think touching on her passive, either adding onto it or reworking it completely will be the best thing they can do for nudging her towards a specific role.
    One issue is figuring out what to do with it that would actually help her in her current state. Like, you can't just add more damage on it, lifesteal is not helpful to fix her issues, damage mitigation lends itself to potential issues etc...

I mean, if you consider the previous iterations of her passive:

Nox's candles gather energy from all abilities used near her. For every ability cast near Nox (excluding her own) a new candle is lit. Once all 4 are lit, Nox's next casted ability costs no mana.

Nox's candles gather energy from all abilities she uses. For every ability Nox casts a candle is lit. For every candle lit Nox gains 4% damage mitigation. When Nox takes damage from an enemy god one of her candles are blown out.

To be honest... Her old kit sounds cool...

Ability 1:
    Shadow Barrier
    Nox creates a barrier of night around herself that mitigates damage from the next hostile ability that hits her. Basic attacks are also mitigated for the entire duration that the shield is up. Nox is immune to knockups, roots, and slows while this ability is active.
    80% mitigation
    2s duration
    18/17/16/15/14 CD

2nd Ability:
    Nightfall Raven
    Nox launches a raven that spreads night along its path. Every enemy it touches takes damage, is silenced, and is Shrouded in Darkness. The Shroud of Darkness lasts for 5s.
    Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 (+70% of your magical power)
    Silence Duration: 2s
    15s CD

3rd Ability:
    Siphon Darkness
    Nox targets the ground and attempts to consume all darkness in that area. Enemies who are standing in the target area take damage. If a target is Shrouded In Darkness then it takes an additional +50% of the damage as bonus damage.
    Damage: 90/110/130/150/170 (+50% of your magical power)
    4s CD

Ult:
    Night Terror
    Nox launches her shadow forward hitting up to 3 enemy gods, dealing damage and shrouding them in darkness. While under the effect of Night Terror, enemies take 75% of this ability's damage every time they use an ability and Nox's other ability cooldowns are reduced by 5s. After the Terror ends, enemies will take 75% of this ability's damage and are stunned for 1s.
    Damage: 150/160/170/180/190 (+75% of your magical power)
    90s CD

I dunno why they changed it but it SOUNDS cool and less "All or nothing" that current combo based Nox suffers from (As well as the whole "Infuriatingly annoying amounts of hard CC" thing)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    The thing with Nox is that she's single target mage that functions best as a support; which combined with her high skill ceiling means she's kind of awkward to fit into team comps. She doesn't do the typical high AEO burst damage of most mages, but she's not a tanky frontliner or a healer like most supports either. While support is where she does best, the loss of a frontliner there usually needs to be compensated for in some other area (usually either a warrior/guardian jungle or a tankier mid like zhong or hades) so it makes sense that her pick rate is low. Especially given the toxicity and reports you'll likely receive for daring to pick a non guardian support, as shown below:

Quote Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
    Ranked conquest, I'm last pick and go Nox support. Immediately have our Apollo screaming to report me and surrender at 10 because "Nox is not support". Tells everyone to report me and they agree. It's why I wish gods were labeled by role (support, jungle, solo) instead of class (guardian, assassin, warrior) as plenty of gods work best in roles different than what their class would traditionally dictate, and I'm tired of being reported for playing non guardian supports when we had a guardian in solo (Athena) and a warrior in the jungle (Achilles) .
    Nox just doesn't work well as a mid as she can't clear effectively until mid-late game (with her early-mid game clear usually also needing to use her 3, which is her escape) and if she misses her shadow lock in a 1v1 fight or has it cleansed she's a sitting duck until it's back up. She lacks the burst damage and clear to compete 1v1 in mid, but doesn't have the same tankiness as a support to frontline for the team either. So if you want to help her be more viable you first need to decide whether you want her to be a better mage or a better support, as the two go in pretty different directions.

If you want her to function more like a typical burst mage I think having the ability to detonate her 2 early (even for reduced damage) would be immensely helpful as then she has another ability with easily confirmed damage even if her shadow lock misses or is purified. And it gives her a way to hit multiple targets since currently it's too easy to walk out of unless you're stuck in her 1. It also makes wave clearing easier as then it's less likely their minions walk out of it if yours get cleared quickly.

If you want her to function more like a support then making her passive an aura (give 3% magical/physical power for each candle to her and all allied gods near her) would help push her in that direction. (I also think it just makes more sense as an aura as her candles should theoretically "light the way" for her teammates.) Maybe even change it from power to one of defense/protections/health/lifesteal/damage reduction in order to help with her lack of tankiness (with adjusted scaling as needed). And instead of losing a candle per hit, do it a little different. Nox has 4 candles, and in a 5v5 modes she'd have 4 teammates. Maybe have 1 candle lit for each alive teammate, and when one dies the candle gets snuffed out until they respawn. Sort of like each candle represents one of their lifeforces, which would be pretty cool. (Downside is this would suck for seige, joust, duel and certain adventures or MOTDs but oh well.)

I'm not really sure what I'd prefer personally, but I just thought I'd throw some ideas out there.
    Last edited by Chiagirl; 08-29-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    I'm a NA mid main on PC looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 108; I have 59 gods mastered with 18 at rank V or higher and 3 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, and Sol). I play mostly nights and weekends CST time; message me if interested. No trash talkers please.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    i dont understand here _ the passive only loses 1 candle per hit _ and do you really base your strategy on this ?

my only problem with nox is when i play against her :
    _the cloud "syphon darkness" is like a wall , exemple : kumba cant rush through it , medusa neither can spit poison even if she casts it from outside of the cloud ... like if it was ymir's wall .

if there is something they should change it is this kind of non sense ... in general

talking about ymir's wall , if chaac send his axe behind the wall he cant teleport and gets blocked by the wall even if it is a friendly one , though the axe could be sent and chaac can teleport through any other structure .

when i ask why the only answer i can get is "this is smite"
    Last edited by FRONTdeQUICHE; 08-28-2018 at 10:03 PM.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by FRONTdeQUICHE View Post
    i dont understand here _ the passive only loses 1 candle per hit
    It's a lousy passive because it deteriorates very quickly in a fight, and she will ultimately lose candles faster than she gains them because every instance of damage snuffs one candle, but she only lights a candle with a single ability cast. It only really works if she's not getting pressured out at all in the laning phase or focused during a teamfight.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts