Thread: Nerf THE BARON

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 299
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Nerf THE BARON

The snakes are so stupid. The CD on the snakes is stupid short. They root everyone around it so the control in joust is stupid. The hysteria applied is so broken is stays on for too long. The heal pops off so quickly it changes the game ridiculously. He so broken. He can outrun anyone and that alone is broken. NERF this god!!!!!!. Either remove the hysteria or increase the CD on the snake or only allow it to affect one person. Just ridiculous. Reduce the speed buff from his heal. That speed on a mage allows him to outrun anyone even when the other god has extra movement speed. I built Two swords plus boots and could not keep up with him. Just DONE seeing this god!!!!!!

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    You are FAR overvaluing the CC and situational mobility. His ult is too strong and his passive decays too slowly; that's it. He's fine otherwise.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashakuu View Post
    Just DONE seeing this god!!!!!!
    Just done seeing cupidheads come on forums and the first post they make is an apocalypse post about "OMG NERF (god that doesn't really need to be nerfed)"

I had a longer post, but honestly I don't know why I'd waste time remaking it, so I'll give you a summary.

Snake has a 12 second CD. This is pretty typical for a mage, not to mention it's a skillshot with short-medium range.
    Secondly, he has no escape and that speed buff is only 3 seconds. This is after he lands a delayed circle aoe on someone with high hysteria. If you aren't catching up to him with all of those speed items, that's your fault, especially considering he doesn't have any escapes.
    Not HR's.
    Not Samedi's.
    Yours.

The only thing that could potentially be nerfed on him is hysteria generation, but they're already doing that to his biggest generator (ult) in 5.15
    Last edited by Saerireth; 08-18-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NeutralEffect's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Baron is getting serious nerf in 5.15, which is meant to make sure that beads are enough to escape out of his ult.

And he needs no further nerfs.

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 888
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    After his last nerfs, I actually like baron better than ever. His utility is fantastic for team fights, but his damage isn't so stupidly overpowered that hes in everygame and ungodly to play against. He just has a fun kit and sieges well. Isn't that enough now?

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    I think the snake's "ramp to root" is kind of whack, it starts off more like a slow so I feel things that remove slows should cancel the cc from that as well, but they don't. I still think he's a bit OP as he just has so much utility while still doing decent damage. Does he really need a root and a heal and a pull in addition to a movement speed buff, slow cleanse, and power reducer? I feel the hysteria mechanic and the secondary effects from it should just be removed, then he'd be perfectly balanced in my opinion.
    I'm a NA PC player looking for a team for conquest or ranked joust. My player level is 118; I have 20 gods rank V or higher and 6 diamonds (Anubis, Scylla, Sol, Nemesis, Nu Wa, & Izanami). CST timezone; message me if interested. I have 1.5K+ hours put into the game; IGN is MysticMidnight.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
    I think the snake's "ramp to root" is kind of whack, it starts off more like a slow so I feel things that remove slows should cancel the cc from that as well, but they don't.
    Yeah, that's so annoying... I mean, I don't mind slow immunity not dispelling the thing, but at least stifling that slow effect would be so useful... But no, they decided to create "Ramp to Root" in order to bypass that...

I still think he's a bit OP as he just has so much utility while still doing decent damage. Does he really need a root and a heal and a pull in addition to a movement speed buff, slow cleanse, and power reducer? I feel the hysteria mechanic and the secondary effects from it should just be removed, then he'd be perfectly balanced in my opinion.
    I feel his main issue is still the amount of bloat on his ult. It just does so much and the recent nerfs don't really do much to stop that (It mostly just stops naked ults from getting the super succ)

It also irks me how much wasted potential there is in his hysteria mechanic...

Like, if there was more emphasis on tactically building and utilizing it, rather than just smashing your face into your keyboard and just getting Hysteria benefit because the stacks just last until the heat death of the universe and then you get super bloat skills for essentially free from spamming like mad...

In my opinion, it'd be much more interesting if hysteria stacks fell off faster (Except for when on max hysteria where it won't decay for a longer duration), but he built them up faster and with basic attacks BUT upon using a skill on a target with max hysteria and getting the buffed additional effects it was reset. So there's more emphasis on timing usage of your skills to select a specific boost you want to get rather than just drooling into your keyboard and getting everything.

In addition, I feel it would make a LOT more sense if like half of what his ult brings was tied behind hitting Hysteria'd targets (With the succ also not giving a ton of free hysteria...)... Like if it only stunned for 0.5 seconds and didn't do the percentage health damage unless the coffin trapped a max hysteria target (In lieu of it being able to give max hysteria which is one of its many, many effects).

So that instead of just spamming all your skills and being broken af due to excessive ability bloat, you instead have a relatively balanced Mage who can, with careful ability usage, access a plethora of additional effects.

But nah... That would require thinking more than 2 seconds when designing a god...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    I agree that he needs to be nerfed.

I just saw a twitch streamer tanking the titan by himself, whilst two other enemy teams was trying to kill baron, but to NO avail.

Senior Member Honoured Saerireth's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Schimeon View Post
    I agree that he needs to be nerfed.

I just saw a twitch streamer tanking the titan by himself, whilst two other enemy teams was trying to kill baron, but to NO avail.
    Heavily doubt this.
    Which streamer and post link to the vid.
    I also assume by "teams" you mean enemy gods.