Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Toxic Community is KILLING this Game

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    They should add an option for turnig off the chat window, if they haven't already.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 838
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    Just block and report brah, don't bother caring about what someone else has to say about you.

If you don't want to mute everything than just ignore them.
    Yes but muting is the problem especially in a "Ranked Match" you shouldn't have to disable your chat because people are calling negative comments.

In games especially Smite it leads to easier loss due to non communication, for example going 2/8 and not really dying much in lane phase could have been avoided if I could actually hear people calling the ganks, and communicate telling them to go in but instead I die as a result to not being able to hear jack shit and given Smite is different than LOL, or DOTA 2 when it comes to the actual jungle, and for example "You go in" but your ally falls back, or your ally goes in, and you don't go in.

Toxicity shouldn't be allowed in Smite period, I can understand if someone is being annoying talking about their cat and you have to mute to not hear that okay, but if peeps are throwing insults and making you have to disable comms to not hear anything, and you have to have VGS off too to avoid spam (this is a problem, and it needs to be fixed.)

In League OF Legends they say that just because you can mute everone doesn't give a right to call another person an idiot in League OF Legends and you get punished for it regardless (Smite needs better standards) and (Role Selection.) for an Esports game in my eyes Smite is a joke LOL, DOTA, Overwatch, even HOTS have a Better Esports Experience and place in the table...

But hey insulting your Foot-Ball coach in the Real World is okay right?

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,671
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by KatarinaX View Post
    Toxicity shouldn't be allowed in Smite period,
    This is the biggest part of the post that called out to me. Yes, toxicity isn't good and it should be punished. No just because it is wrong doesn't mean every single little tiny comment should be punished. This is an online MOBA game-type where you are always with 2-4 other players and this game has a sizable population ranging of different skills. Toxicity is going to exist in online games, it always has and always will. LoL and OW are so strict with their rules because they have to be, LoL is a massive cesspool of toxicity, OW Pro League (still exists lul) will fine you for breathing the wrong way. Its GOOD that Smite doesn't have to be that strict.

If you mute your entire team and constantly die from it because you can't hear calls, that is your own fault. Dying and then complaining about teammates being silent is the classic BMBrandon move he does every other match so he can get donations. Yes it sucks that people are rude or make crass comments but sometimes you have to suck it up and deal with it. If its really that bad and its constant harassment, then yes, mute and report. But if its something as silly as just "stop sucking" then you just need to grow thicker skin and wait for the end-of-match report option.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Junior Member Cupidhead AeromirA's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    this game is killing itself already its just poorly updated

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    This is the biggest part of the post that called out to me. Yes, toxicity isn't good and it should be punished. No just because it is wrong doesn't mean every single little tiny comment should be punished. This is an online MOBA game-type where you are always with 2-4 other players and this game has a sizable population ranging of different skills. Toxicity is going to exist in online games, it always has and always will. LoL and OW are so strict with their rules because they have to be, LoL is a massive cesspool of toxicity, OW Pro League (still exists lul) will fine you for breathing the wrong way. Its GOOD that Smite doesn't have to be that strict.

If you mute your entire team and constantly die from it because you can't hear calls, that is your own fault. Dying and then complaining about teammates being silent is the classic BMBrandon move he does every other match so he can get donations. Yes it sucks that people are rude or make crass comments but sometimes you have to suck it up and deal with it. If its really that bad and its constant harassment, then yes, mute and report. But if its something as silly as just "stop sucking" then you just need to grow thicker skin and wait for the end-of-match report option.
    And what do you define as good toxicity?

Some Examples.

.GO suck your m****** C****?
    . You suck go uninstall
    . You F****** Reta**
    . Kill Yourse**
    . Report X Player
    I like the strict games and rulesets, where do you draw the line to what is allowed in a MOBA and what isnt' when it comes to toxicity.

The moment I hear someone solict a report, or tell someone they suck I mute everything because I don't want to hear the massive amount of toxicity people bring into games, so where is the line drawn of what is allowed and what isn't.

I strongly believe Smite needs to adopt strict standards / rules just like LOL to prevent any type of harassment I don't care if the population drops a bit, or perhaps it's because Smite has lost almost all the good players, and just want's to keep the whales who are toxic spending $300+ a month on the game, but a game like Smite when the only thing I feel is updated the most is the cash shop I find it hard even spending money in this game because of how much toxicity there is.

When it comes down to it the game is rated (T) People under the age of 18 may actually play the game when I post snapshots of some people saying the most hateful things in Discord Community filled with thousands of people and massive archives of people being toxic and call out Hi-Rez, as well as other parental forums, blogs, gaming sites while posting such here with names is against the rules posting outside isn't. I would seriously like to understand how many people you think are going to really come play Smite...

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsi...76&Title=SMITE

Queues already take 10 minutes just for a ranked match
    Normal 2 Mins + for Conquest.

Smite is a great game but it needs major changes to address the toxic issue, and Role Selection

Back in the day this is the same problem League OF Legends had But Riot Games finally fixed it, and it's great, and so has Blizzard.

I prefer to login to a game and actually play it not having to deal with idiots harassing chat or voice comms, or spamming of VGS pings I like that some companies have the balls to step up and make a true Esports game, Although Smite is great the game is great the company running it without changes is the problem.

New Member Cupidhead Ozymandarius's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 151
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    smite is a competive game and I think when people get toxic is during rank games please do not que if u are not ready it just makes for the worst in people to come out and waste a lot of time considering people are trying to climb the ranks

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandarius View Post
    smite is a competive game and I think when people get toxic is during rank games please do not que if u are not ready it just makes for the worst in people to come out and waste a lot of time considering people are trying to climb the ranks
    And that is what Hi-Rez needs to deal with it doesn't matter if it's ranked or not they need to adopt the similar policy as Riot Games does, if I call someone the racist N*** word in LOL chances are I am going to get banned right after the game for 14 days, because racism is considered worse than calling someone a n00b.

Ranked Matches don't just depend on individual players all the time, a lot relies on JG, and the play in the solo lane where it be mid, or solo / top...

For example if your jungle comes in at level 4 without you telling them to and they are way too unskilled" it can result in loss of XP, and getting tilted especially way early and if they keep doing it in these caches i've done as bad as 2-15 when countered and having an extremely toxic team on League for example but I don't get banned for it the people who throw insults, or the person who intentionally sabatoged lane phase gets into trouble.

Yesterday got Autofilled over there similar thing with an ADC who didn't know how to play did awful with them in lane, went full AP, mid game started kicking ass <3.

Being competetive is okay, losing games is okay, being toxic / annoying jest insures a loss.

But hey if people took Smite comp play seriously then...

. There would be no toxicity.
    . Peoople wouldn't talk about their cat, or school during a game.
    . VGS pings would be called (ONCE ONLY)
    . God Selection would be called properly not just Mid, SOLO, DUO etc, would be called based off type of play and everything people never do it.

So no I do not think most people except esports players who actually play as 5 man pre-made take comp play seriously in any MOBA, it's either toxic or it's not.

Junior Member Cupidhead erreur4O4's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Toxic Community is KILLING this Game + stupid assault 2.0 = bye bye smite.
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...killed-assault

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 600
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by erreur4O4 View Post
    Toxic Community is KILLING this Game + stupid assault 2.0 = bye bye smite.
    http://forums.smitegame.com/showthre...killed-assault
    Still doesn't prove how they killed Assault. Then play Arena, I bet you will be even more upset LOL.

New Member Cupidhead Andrew090106's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 367
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    You people who are standing up for toxicity should be ashamed of yourselves. Just because people "ARE" this way doesn't make it right.
    I just returned to the game yesterday and I put in a crazy amount of hours today. 90%+ of my games were nothing but negativity and toxicity. Not just any kind but gang harassment, being reported for feeding when im trying my hardest + being gang harassed at the same time, being told the only way to be civil on this game is to be aggressive, etc... Ok first and foremost... In reality, being aggressive and hostile towards another person fuels nothing but negativity. When I say the following I mean no threats to any specific individual nor have I ever in explanation: If somebody was being toxic and hostile towards you in real life, you're probably going to stand up for yourself, most likely physically harm them to prepare to defend yourself. Right? Of course any human would. It IS HUMAN NATURE to feel attacked, offended, ridiculed, insulted; when you KNOW it has taken place before having any emotions involved.

Now take the following into consideration: Being rude, disrespectful, vulgar, toxic, and overall internet bullies; Does Not Make You Any Better Than Anyone Else. All it does is make you look like a childish tools who have no business partaking in any social aspect of life what-so-ever.
    So why do people actually do it? Because they want to win, you think so? I don't, if people wanted to win they would talk to their teammate or attempt to calm the previous situations, not nag them on and worsen the situation, it will further affect the entire team. So do you people know what this means? It means all of these toxic trolls are sociopaths who are actually dangerous to real life society. Hate to break it to you folks but even ingame not everybody has the tolerance to just withstand all trolling, many people ARE mentally unstable, and this TRULY makes smite unplayable for many people.
    Lack of empathy, egotistic, self centered.. This my readers = sociopathic tendencies especially when all combined.
    Now ask yourselves again if the people being gang harassed just need to get over it because its the internet.
    Because the realistic truth is that the internet is literally creating armies of sociopaths if thats how your standards relate.

So who is really right and wrong here? It seems to me hi-rez just doesnt care and the worst people take advantage of it.
    Good luck keeping this game alive like this, it's a nut house mate.