Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SMITE Matchmaking Community Feedback Survey

HiRez Staff Follower HiRezIsiah's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,013
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points

SMITE Matchmaking Community Feedback Survey

Matchmaking is one of our top priorities. In the 5.13 Mid Season patch we introduced some large changes to improve matchmaking. Ajax, PonPon, Ryu, and I have been working nonstop with our Core Programming and Matchmaking team to collect the data and share the results with our community. Matchmaking is no easy task. Multiplayer games of all genres and sizes are constantly working to improve their matches. It’s a process that takes time, experimentation, and careful evaluation of data.

We have some very interesting details from matches after 5.13. The Timed Queue system completely changed how players in SMITE queue for matches. From our data we have currently, this system has many interesting results. We plan to share the positives and negatives later this week.

In the meantime, we want to hear from you so we can get both sides of the story. Data is only one part. For SMITE we always want to hear player feedback as well as data, the same applies to god balance and other SMITE features. Please take the time and let us know about your experiences with the new Matchmaking. It will help our team immensely to make the best decision for the community.

Please fill out our SMITE Matchmaking Community Feedback survey HERE.

We greatly appreciate your feedback. See you on the Battleground!
    HiRezIsiah
    Community Manager

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 805
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I filled out the survey, but since I had to give a general answer, I also want to share what I feel about timed queues for different modes: For competitive modes and especially conquest, timed queues help a lot to improve matchmaking and for a fair conquest match, I'll gladly wait some more.

For the more fun modes, timed queues don't really make that much sense. I'd rather wait 1 minute for an imbalanced siege match, than 8 minutes for a balanced one. Basically, timed queues are good, but not suitable for every mode.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead MrPan565's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Which do you prefer: Shorter Wait Times or Higher Quality Matches? * really? like, for real? you know how many games give me short times and quality matches?

New Member Cupidhead billybob92138's Avatar
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Honestly, I don't feel comfortable submitting my answers to this survey because I think it is not made to the best standard. My first issue is that it doesn't look for REAL feedback, only data that they can plug into a machine. Even the first two questions about the overall matchmaking experience could be improved so much by asking the person doing the survey to explain why they feel that way. Then HiRez can know the real strengths and weaknesses with their new queues, as well as what people like about it and what they dislike, instead of do they like it or do they not.

The next question I am not a fan of is the one about how long we have to wait in queue before being placed in a match. As someone who doesn't play ranked, in the nearly 4 years I have played this game very rarely experienced a queue longer then 5 minutes. So when the option I have to pick is "0-5 minutes", it makes things seem better then they are, when the reality is that I have gone from 1-2 minute queues in casual to 3 minute queues. This is a little nitpicky but I feel they would have much more solid data if they just put it more options: 0-1 minutes, 2-3 minutes, 4-5 minutes, 6 minutes+ etc.. It's not a hard change.

My least favorite question in this survey was "Do you prefer: Shorter Wait Times or Higher Quality Matches". While I acknowledge that matchmaking is incredibly hard to do right in any online game, it is sad to read this question as even HiRez themselves make it sound like they don't think we can ever get both and have to chose one or the other.

Finally, the last two questions that were done very poorly, which anyone who has ever written a survey would be able to point out, the "How many days a week do you play the following Game Modes?" and "What time of day do you normally play SMITE?". The former is a bad question because it doesn't actually give them any proper data as to how often people are playing these modes. What if someone answers that they play conquest 6 days a week and arena 1, but they only play 1 or 2 hours of conquest on each of the 6 days and have a full day of Arena on the other. You cannot measure gametime in days without knowing how much time they spend each day. Now it seems that they try to fix this question in the one mentioned previously about hours, but this question also doesn't work. It asks how many hours players normally play SMITE, but only allows them to select 4 hour periods each day. If your a streamer, pro player or even just a die hard casual fan that plays this game for way more then 4 hours every day, what are you actually supposed to answer here. I didn't know, and that's one of the reasons I don't want to submit my answers, because I don't think HiRez can actually do much with this data.

If anyone is reading this (and im not sure why they would have, its a pretty weird post and if you got this far clearly the SMITE servers must be down again or something) your are probably wondering why I made such a big post. Honestly, I don't know. I just woke up and am a little bored. As soon as this is done I will probably go and play some SMITE. I know that this is a really small case and it probably doesn't matter at all, but I think my point with this was that HiRez tried to ask for feedback, but they did so with a survey that showed that they either didn't care about feedback, or were either too lazy of stupid to know how to get feedback effectively. The small things like this really make me lose a bit of faith in HiRez each time I see them , but I love SMITE so damn much, I just can't help but want it to be better.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    assault matchmaking :
    ¯415171045¯
    _hades/odin/_nemesis_toth/raijin vs ... awlix/suzano/arach_toth_erlang (awlix was a reroll if i remember well)

how can this kind of ...[searching for a polite word]...happen ? are you serious ?
    _i dare Hirez to find a team of pro players able to win this one
    __________________________________________________ ___
    other exemple (the game just prior this one):
    ¯415170286¯
    cernu/xbal/toth/nuwa_amatera vs ... tyr/kali/ama_xian_artemis (xian rerolled from cerber)

this is a brilliant matchmaking again , and you are paid for that ? when i said 'stop this non sense' in an other discussion it was EXACTLY the point .
    this is not fun , you are shameless ________ it is like you spit on players
    █▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒░ ▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒░█ ▒░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓▒░█▓ ▒░█▓▒░█▓▒░

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:

assault mental

assault matchmaking :
    ¯415171045¯
    _hades/odin/_nemesis_toth/raijin vs ... awlix/suzano/arach_toth_erlang (awlix was a reroll if i remember well)

how can this kind of ...[searching for a polite word]...happen ? are you serious ?
    _i dare Hirez to find a team of pro players able to win this one
    other exemple (the game just prior this one):
    ¯415170286¯
    cernu/xbal/toth/nuwa_amatera vs ... tyr/kali/ama_xian_artemis (xian rerolled from cerber)

this is a brilliant matchmaking again , and you are paid for that ? when i said 'stop this non sense' in an other discussion it was EXACTLY the point .
    this is not fun , you are shameless ________ it is like you spit on players

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 671
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Remove smurf acc. That will actually help alot. a level 50 with 1600 is not the same as a dude that are level 160 with 1600 elo.

New Member Cupidhead ConroeJenkins's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 380
    Really would like conquest ranked quest to allow to play with 1 friend like before. The timed ques are fine. But my win percentage has gone down because of playing with randoms. Please bring back the friend ranked ques for conquest and just make it so you have to be in the same division.
    Or allow for a conquest to be played that’s like ranked with pics and bans.
    Ranked conquest is so much better because neither team has the same god.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 671
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Duo qs and smurfing are 2 very good reason for smite matchmaking is so bad....

New Member Cupidhead TheKiingLokii's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Just remove the elo and put the best 10 ranked points players in queue in a match, simply with that all going to be happy, in one team the 1, 3, 5, 7, 10 and the other team 2, 4, 6, 8, 9.