Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SMITE Matchmaking Community Feedback Survey

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 784
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    wtf is happening to the mm system??? now im getting games with golds and silver 5(aka bronze) and im p3 at the moment(not that is good or anything)... Not to mention that 2 3 players are 160 and getting match with level 40/60 is absolute a nightmare The team getting completely deleted or i have to go like 17/1 or something to win a game. This is painfuel. im sorry for raging, but this i.......

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    It's dreadful in low population regions like Oceania and i'm sure the data supports this. Please bring back multi queue for low population regions.

New Member Cupidhead CatCatty85's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    This new matchmaking system sucks you can be queueing for 3 mins to get into your match to then be told the system could not match enough people for the match so you queue again and get the same thing. It can take me sometime 4-5 times having to queue for a match before i get into one i some times could be waiting 30 mins + just to get in a game it sucks. Once in a game you then sometime get a team of people that are new to game and against a team thats got high rank gods it just sucks fix it getting sick of waiting for queues and them not entering the old way was way better.

Senior Member Honoured Djungelkniv's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 895
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Hi.

Here's my 5 cents on the matchmaking issue (only ranked conquest related).

Last year I've gotten increasingly frustrated with this game.

The only good games I have is in qualis or when you play late nights with few people online.

Here you typically get Diamond, sometimes Master, occasional pro players together with plats, gold etc. Many of these games are rewarding and challenging.

But whenever you play day time you are stuck with horrendous game play and some notorious bot behavior. I mean it's not one thing, it's a long list of things, here are a couple of examples:

* No idea what meta is
    * Not playing the game correctly (insert one million examples where mid doesn't help with speed, won't come for mid camps, won't call MIA's, won't rotate, Jungler is way off timers, incorrect routing, stealing other peoples buffs like solo taking junglers speed, putting him behind, not last hitting, clearing for carry as support, ks and so on), trash builds. I could probably name at least 100 different things here that equals to = Horribly low skill performance. If you yourself perhaps has thousand of games and actively follow the scene, news, meta, theory, pro gamers and so on and you end up with people with bare knowledge of anything really with few games under their belt and very little in-game wisdom.
    * Non stop BM, trolling, DC, afk. It's about 50% of all games played. Fewer the higher rated players are, occasionally almost every single game at lower levels. Also here I could write a long list of hundreds of ways people troll in the game. Some are straight up bizarre and deserves insta ban.
    * Here comes the most telling sign of them all. Passivity, hesitation, being scared. People literally run away from fights where they have the upper hand and get chased down and killed while doing zero dmg. Or perhaps staying at tower line whole game, afraid to rotate, invade, challenge objectives. Ultra weak play. You never see this among higher level players but it's consistently found among lower level players. The difference is at times mind boggling. You might yourself die whie your team runs away even though you are at a stronger position since you count on them being there for you. This is some anti play for real. You actually risk becoming a worse player in this environment. And you're not having fun.

So what happens? Now we come to the infamous ELO hell. You could go 50/50 win/loss rate and still not progress anywhere. Since MMR/ELO dictates that "you should" win but doesn't, it's easy to fall down the ladder instead of climbing it. You lose 1 game, win 3 and it's status quo. So why aren't you winning more? Because the factors stated above. I've had (I'm not kidding) single persons in my team for perhaps 5 - 6 straight games where they intentionally destroy the game (the same guy). Sure, they might be reported by 9 ppl and banned but the damage is already done. You are getting nowhere and stuck in low level games with low level players and it's boring as hell. You could suddenly have 8 losses out of 10 games where you alone are top dmg, positive KDR while the rest of the team is 3 - 4 levels behind you and constantly BM'ing and complaining and F6. They might have scores like 1/8, 0/12 etc while you have 9/2. You easily 1v2 or 1v3 the enemy team and come out on top but it's still not enough. So your whole experience is more or less garbage.

What happens over time? You get tilted and frustrated and eventually banned for raging at trolls, feeders etc who actively ignore anything normal playing wise in the game. I've been banned several times due to raging on trolls. So I'm sorry Hi Rez but your ranked ladder is genuinely broken beyond all recognition.

Here's my typical game in daytimes with lower level players;

1. In 95% of games I dominate wherever I play and am slightly bored, not challenged. Often top dmg and good KDR.
    2. Team loses every other lane and starts BM, feed on purpose, stay in base (AFK), F6 etc.
    3. You lose the game. You're supposed to carry but can't pull it off even if you perform godly. 3v5 with 2 team members in base, just raging and trolling is too hard in the end. They get fire, they start sieging, getting all towers down etc.

Before any troll replies to this post (yes, I'm diamond on another account and I win lanes and games sometimes vs REALLY high rated players so I know my personal skill is at least decent).

I've raised this issue to Hi Rez several times now but haven't gotten a reply from them. Am I supposed to only play night time in order to find good opponents and challenge myself and have fun? How fun is ranked if you play 3 games and run into master or pro players and focus hard and really, really play to the best of your abilities and pull off wins, only to 6 hrs later lose 8 straight games with ultra low level players where 4 of the games are 4v5 on your side and non stop bm, afk, dc, trolling? You yourself perform well but still lose these games and now you're fallen down even more in the ladder.

For gods sake, fix this! How hard can it be. You should implement some sort of mechanic tracking active movement, participation, stats like dmg done, taken, gold, KDR etc and base tier placement and matchmaking after these. Only these. You can't lift yourself out of ELO hell when there's an abundant of bad behavior and poor skill in lower level games. Every reset it's basically praying to the gods (smite gods) that you win enough games to place you somewhere decent and you can climb from there. But if you're unlucky and have trolls and DC's and maybe only win 4 out of 10 games, then you're done for. Stuck in silver and not getting out of there ever, no matter how well you perform.

Regards.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Stop using ELO altogether, Its not meant for games where theres 10 individual player each with there own ratings. It was meant for 1v1 chess. I have broken down how it works over 3 seasons to show the community how it worked and why it was bad. to make it short ill shall show u again.

MM pulls players, the player with the highest elo goes to Team A, the next 5 highest players goes to Team B, the remaining 4 players join the highest elo in Team A. Depending on times, this means a diamond player can be pitted against 5 golds, but tot even it out, he's teamed with 4 silver or even bronze players. This has been the bain of elo in ever game that uses it, WoW, Dota, LoL, etc.

The largest problem with elo based MM for games with more than 2 players is it only "seems" to work when you have larger communities. Unfortunately, the SJW conquest Smite took lost a lot of players. So with a small population this is it, need to bump the numbers up to make anything better, especially with the MM.
    No you shouldn't take games seriously, however if you aren't taking you team seriously then why are you playing multiplayer?
    IGN Redscyte if you need me for ingame assistance.

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    I'll explain it again.

Every online game using something like ELO works off a pyramid system. As you move up, the pool of players in your skill level gets smaller and smaller.

Thus if not enough of that levels pool is online, the system 'opens up' and matches you with a larger group of players at different rating levels, usually lower since that has a larger portion of players.

So if you do not want to be matched with people outside your skill level and do not find a match in 3 minutes, quit the queue and play another mode or do something else.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 784
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Good stuff man "Djungelkniv".

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 160
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Besides Smite's playerbase is not that big.