Thread: Aphro needs nerfs

Junior Member Cupidhead XboxChito's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Aphro needs nerfs

Am i the only one that thinks aphro is completly busted

shes by far the most annoying god in the game for me and before you say stupid things like "buy antiheal" i already know that and in 90% of my games my entire team gets antiheal if theres an aphro in the enemy team. heres why i think its op:

Main problem: a full cd aphro with a support build is fucking impossible to kill, no matter how much antiheal you get, and not only that but she also makes the one shes healing almost unkillable aswell.

she has way too much tools to survive, its so stupid:

with full cd she stuns with the 1, knocks you back if u get close again, spams heal, has an extremely low cd 2 secs aegis for her and her link every 30-40 secs, and keeps the cc and heal spam, also count that she will have a link, and if her link has any kind of hard cc, thats it, you cant do anything.

she counter any kind of cc with her ult, and her own cc aswell as she can heal back if you leave her for 2 seconds,even if you apply antiheal she just walks back spamming her shit and gets to full since you cant get to her, and in the extreme case you even get near she still has actives. like damn, 90% of the times when i try aphro once i get full cd i pretty much dont even need my actives at all.

other point is the stupid aggresivity she gives to her link,the link doesnt have to worry at all about dying and can shutdown his/her basic gamesense since he/she doesnt get punished, also any link with hard cc and only 1 item of defense, can literally just do whatever it wants, countless times have i been linked by an aphro as a warrior guardian or kali, and literally force the entire enemy team to back since they have no way of killing us ( only both of us, not other teammate with us)

or having an enemy warrior such as achilles tyr or a guardian with good damage and cc like artio or cabra linked with aphro and make enough frontline just from themselves that my entire team cant engage or do anything.

before you say stupid things like "learn to play against aphro" ive played more matches with/against her that someone that comments like that after reading the post would have.

take into account that i know that in conquest shes weaker and that the game is balanced around conquest but still once she gets to that full cd is over.

this is my OPINION, if you dont agree tell me what you think down below, thx for reading

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    If you think Aphrodite is annoying you've never seen a good Nox.

Btw this is completely an l2p issue and anyone linked to Aphrodite doesn't get to shut down their brain. Play a good god and get good. And hope for a good team or premade.

Edit: You've played 563h I've played 2465h. Just so you know. And I play mostly arena. The chances of you playing with/against more Aphrodites is nil. Once a Nox gets full cd it's over. If she hits her combo every 7 seconds she's going to be getting actives off anyone who has them. Aphrodite doesn't do that.
    Last edited by Zaveana; 08-08-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Git gud.

That's about it really.

Get anti-heal, Brawlers/Divine + Pesti is easy to build into and is 60% anti-heal. If you wanna be overkill throw in a Toxic Blade or an upgraded Cursed Ankh (50% anti-heal AND targets that get healed take 20% more damage? Yup that'll do the trick)

Learn to counter her, you KNOW who's getting the healing and know that she needs to swap her link to change that. So... Focus someone other than her and her link target. Especially if she just used her kiss for the stun which means it's on a hefty CD even with max CDR.

Bait out her ult then blow her up. You can either pressure her or her link target (Or someone else and get her to swap the link and pop ult) and when it's down you now have a window where she can't do crap to stop anyone from jumping on her face and tearing her apart.

Honestly, Aphro's the easiest healer to shut down, because you can abuse the fact that she can only heal her linked target and the fact that she really doesn't do anything other than heal so anti-heal is super strong against her.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    563h? Tf? Where did you get that from lol i already had 1000+ hours when i made my profile private, that 563h makes no sense, also im nox 10 and shes nowhere near as annoyin as aphro

Achievements:
    You are talking in a scenario where her team wont even do anything to protect her, and any decent aphro wont get her ult baited easily, focusing other one that her or her target is usually the best thing to do loke you said but if the team is grouped then its gg, and even of she pops her ult she stil has full cd with a knockback, stun, mov speed and heal(even if its little).

Also note what i said that my team always have antiheal(everyone has).

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by XboxChito View Post
    You are talking in a scenario where her team wont even do anything to protect her, and any decent aphro wont get her ult baited easily,
    Then you get a kill because you burst the target down and the Aphro isn't trying to use her ult to save them...

focusing other one that her or her target is usually the best thing to do loke you said but if the team is grouped then its gg
    If the team is grouped, then all the better for pressuring the targets she's NOT linked to. Literally, get a mage, throw out the AoE damage and now Aphro has 4 people to heal but can only heal 1...

even of she pops her ult she stil has full cd with a knockback, stun, mov speed and heal(even if its little).
    A knockback that is very small and centred only on her. Stun that if she uses means GG you have 7 seconds where she can do literally nothing to help anyone but her current link target, movement speed on a god that's inherently slower than like everyone else... Then the little heal which is no more different than the slew of other gods whom may have a bit of healing in their kit but might bring a lot more mobility with which to escape a dive.

Also note what i said that my team always have antiheal(everyone has).
    Forgive me if I don't believe you, since if people did have anti-heal and bought it early enough to shut her down before she got going, then you wouldn't be here complaining about her. You'd just be winning games because all she does is heal and without the healing due to anti-heal she ults and... That's the extent of her kit that's in the least bit threatening...
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 28
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    563h? Tf? Where did you get that from lol i already had 1000+ hours when i made my profile private, that 563h makes no sense, also im nox 10 and shes nowhere near as annoyin as aphro
    Case still stands.

Instead of having 2.0x more play time than you I have 1.5x more play time. You also ignored my Arena comment.

You being Nox 10 means nothing because I said specifically 'you' have not gone up against a good Nox. Clearly you haven't because not only did you not deny my point but you tried redirect it like you're somehow that "good" Nox I'm talking about. If you were that good Nox then you wouldn't be on here talking about how Aphro is annoying.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaveana View Post
    Case still stands.

Instead of having 2.0x more play time than you I have 1.5x more play time. You also ignored my Arena comment.

You being Nox 10 means nothing because I said specifically 'you' have not gone up against a good Nox. Clearly you haven't because not only did you not deny my point but you tried redirect it like you're somehow that "good" Nox I'm talking about. If you were that good Nox then you wouldn't be on here talking about how Aphro is annoying.
    with nox you just gotta bait the silence and jump at ther neck and shes dead, she may force actives but thats 10x better than being unkillable and making someone unkillable aswell, also i have faced a lot of ranked 10 noxs and multiple stars nox and the moment the miss the silence, they 90%of the times dash when u get close, just capitalize on that and done, shes dead, there are multiple gods that can bat actives with normal skills, aka most tanks and a good amount of mages wich are far easier to hit than nox's combo.

also you might know this but when a nox places silence on you, just quickly do 1 juke on the oposite direction, if the nox can prevent this, like some good nox's do, simply look in the oposite direction while moving quickly the moment she places silence under you, works a lot more than you could imagine, another simpler trick is to delay the juke, dont juke the moment she places the silence , but the moments she starts firing the 1, also works very well

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Renney's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Absolutely agree - busted character but never will be fixed because she is mostly played by girls. And be honest most girls are bad at this game so hi-rez gave them this broken goddess to somehow make them play the game. #feminism

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    with nox you just gotta bait the silence and jump at ther neck and shes dead, she may force actives but thats 10x better than being unkillable and making someone unkillable aswell, also i have faced a lot of ranked 10 noxs and multiple stars nox and the moment the miss the silence, they 90%of the times dash when u get close, just capitalize on that and done, shes dead, there are multiple gods that can bat actives with normal skills, aka most tanks and a good amount of mages wich are far easier to hit than nox's combo.

also you might know this but when a nox places silence on you, just quickly do 1 juke on the oposite direction, if the nox can prevent this, like some good nox's do, simply look in the oposite direction while moving quickly the moment she places silence under you, works a lot more than you could imagine, another simpler trick is to delay the juke, dont juke the moment she places the silence , but the moments she starts firing the 1, also works very well
    You do realize Aphro has no damage either if you dodge the stun, right? And that if you know how to focus a target, all the healing in the world won't save them?

Quote Originally Posted by Renney View Post
    Absolutely agree - busted character but never will be fixed because she is mostly played by girls. And be honest most girls are bad at this game so hi-rez gave them this broken goddess to somehow make them play the game. #feminism
    This bait doesn't even warrant a "this is bait" meme.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts