Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop. Playing. The. New. Gods. In. Normal.

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Stop. Playing. The. New. Gods. In. Normal.

Okay so everytime when a new god comes in, everyone gets super hyped and wanted to try them out in normal matches as much as possible, however, they forget something, THEY DONT KNOW HOW THEY WORK.

So every match I've had now since Pele came out, I've had Pele players going in and only coming out with 2/8 or 0/9.

You know what you all can do instead of feeding (but still play the new god) PLAY HER IN CO OP, EVERYTIME when there's a new god out, YOU ALWAYS have to learn their kit, you always have to teach yourself HOW to play them, then do it in CO OP, CO OP is there for you to learn how the gods works.
    These people that play the new god are the instalock noobs who saw a trailer or a youtube smite video about pele being amazing, and then they go like "Oh yeah I can totally do that aswell."

No sweetie, LEARN to play a new god in CO-OP, no matter what.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Yeah...

On the other hand, bots are dumb and don't compare to actually playing against actual people.

Also, the issue you have is terribad players play the new gods and fail hard if they're not being carried by their usual OP god picks (Or new OP god)

A half decent player should be able to hop on to any god and do reasonably well. Since mechanical skill and decision making is a universal set of traits with only the more minor nuances of god optimization taking time to build (But with the skill level in casual... Not really needed... Heck, you can dominate games with gods like Agni and ignore a majority of his potential and just spam 4>1>4>4 all day)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,026
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    That's not gonna happen. People are gonna continue playing new gods as soon as they come out. And frankly, I don't blame them. It's always exciting when a new god comes out, so why not find out what they're capable of and what they do.

Just remember: it's a game. Don't take it seriously.
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Yeah...

On the other hand, bots are dumb and don't compare to actually playing against actual people.
    Doesn't matter, you play co op not to be ranked up with pro enemy team, you play it to learn the god that you want to play, easy as that.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Razrtongue View Post
    Don't take it seriously.
    Okay well then I could go in and feed cause I think that's fun, right I mean, it's just a game!

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Schimeon View Post
    Okay well then I could go in and feed cause I think that's fun, right I mean, it's just a game!
    How do you go from there to there...

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Schimeon View Post
    Doesn't matter, you play co op not to be ranked up with pro enemy team, you play it to learn the god that you want to play, easy as that.
    But you don't learn a god by playing against dumb, exploitable bots...

Much like you don't learn a god by going into Jungle practice buying a full 6 slot build and whacking Odin bot for a few hours...

You can only actually learn a god when you're going up against actual players who will actually try and kill you and actually adapt to your attempts to utilize said god.

Like, I did play PTS and used Pele against bots. Did it prepare me for how she actually does in a normal game? Nope. Didn't realize just how bad her engage is until trying it against people who threw out CC the second they see her.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    But you don't learn a god by playing against dumb, exploitable bots...

Much like you don't learn a god by going into Jungle practice buying a full 6 slot build and whacking Odin bot for a few hours...

You can only actually learn a god when you're going up against actual players who will actually try and kill you and actually adapt to your attempts to utilize said god.

Like, I did play PTS and used Pele against bots. Did it prepare me for how she actually does in a normal game? Nope. Didn't realize just how bad her engage is until trying it against people who threw out CC the second they see her.
    No.
    You learn a god in PTS, or Bot mode, that's just how it is, doesn't matter if you go against actual players cause it's about how YOU play, not how the enemy team play cause you can still get good or shitty players, I can't tell you how many times people have gone like "Oh well it's an assassin, so she's like any assassin, i'll know Pele." and then end up feeding every. game. they go into.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by GongsunYiru View Post
    How do you go from there to there...

He said I shouldn't take it seriously, I mean, that's a really good argument isn't it, so why should I then?

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    If someone feeds as much as 0/9, then he's got bigger problems than just not knowing his god. I haven't done that bad since I was new to the game.