Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does smite try to force win percentages?

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points

Does smite try to force win percentages?

I have been noticing that whenever my win percentage starts to climb more away from 50% then all of sudden boom ill get a 10 game losing streak. There will just be times when I seem like I do absolutely no damage to the enemy but they just wreck my whole team in 2 seconds. then when i look at the numbers they just dont seem to add up. ive noticed this pattern over many years of playing, so its not like this has happened only a few times. so does smite have a hidden system that tries to even out the playing field?

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    It has, but its more to matchmaking then anything else.

If the rabbit hole is so deep it goes down to mechanics I don't think but some games sure feels like, when you have 3 MS items including bumbas and ppl with just boot outrun you is a classic. But dmg I really don't think. You are in worse MM those times probably and people don't use proper auras etc, you fall behind and it skews dmg.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Shasuk's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I must admite i've also this feeling about random, it don't look like a true random for me.
    Almost any random advantage a team and not a only a bit. On a side, random is trolling a team ( low rank god only, full physique, full tank, always god that i never play , etc ) on the other is making the other team win before game start ( all rank 10 , well balanced team, only op god , 2 or 3 healer with 75 cdr -_- etc )

for couldown runneth over, 1 week on 3 i often get got that i like, the other 2/3 i always get god that i never play/hate and multiple time the same ( true random my ass when you get 3 or 4 time the same god that you don't like over all the god available and never got the one you're good with ...)

I also noticed some other thing that make me think that smite is not fair with all player

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Romelio View Post
    I have been noticing that whenever my win percentage starts to climb more away from 50% then all of sudden boom ill get a 10 game losing streak. There will just be times when I seem like I do absolutely no damage to the enemy but they just wreck my whole team in 2 seconds. then when i look at the numbers they just dont seem to add up. ive noticed this pattern over many years of playing, so its not like this has happened only a few times. so does smite have a hidden system that tries to even out the playing field?
    You know I thought it was just me, but I'm glad you pointed this out because sometimes I feel it's a conspiracy LOL. Well sorry to say but it's going to get worse esp. with this new match making system. But alas it is what it is.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 745
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Technically, if balancing works, you should be seeing around a 50% win/loss ratio. However, due to Smite's matchmaking, you will get highly skilled players vs very lowed skilled players to get that percentage. It's not that it's forced, its that matchmaking is trash.

That said, i have a 63% win/loss ratio.

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    i dont know more than nothing but .. lets say that in other games ranking is composed by leagues [lets say silver . gold . platinium.etc] and sometimes you change league and BOOOM you encounter stronger players ... dura lex sed lex

i guess it can be the same here as it is the same anywhere

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 85
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    I wouldn't suprise if there was a hidden system to balance it out for wins and losses, however, I have the shittest luck on smite so I'll get like 20 losses in a row (which has happened before.) and i'll get 1 win among them.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    The game does not force you to have a 50% WR in modes. Otherwise matchmaking would be a massive grudge match.

Loss streaks suck, but they happen to everyone, just gotta step away for a bit and get back in there to pull yourself out of it.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobis View Post
    The game does not force you to have a 50% WR in modes. Otherwise matchmaking would be a massive grudge match.

Loss streaks suck, but they happen to everyone, just gotta step away for a bit and get back in there to pull yourself out of it.
    No it doesn't force but it is pretty hard to overcome its push. The only real way is to queue 3+ so you can heavily influence the match. When you elo is high enough it puts you with worse players (in casual) to solve the match making. The higher u get the more noobs on team. Which is why after a long day with friends and then playing solo queue your teammates will suck and its not just an experience of friends vs pugs, its the matchmaker coming back at you. a few games (2-4 maybe) like that and its back to normal solo que elo or so to say. But if you are on tilt from the experience and worn out trying to bang your head against the wall with poor teams it can easily escalate into a loss streak.

For lower ranked it means less ppl to carry you and higher up in skill level in regards to some translation via elo. And when you come from say 500ms reaction time to 250ms or whatever it is very hard to adapt at first and not feed feeling like the whole game is against you. So at mid range elo and lower elo it will go up and down a lot.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 08-25-2018 at 02:13 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    what can be the parameters for matchmaking ?
    _amount of players online
    _elo rating/ranking
    _and perhaps something like in world of tanks = force_defeat/win adjusted at 51%

if this exists somewhere it is not surprising someone asks the question about here and as long as you dont have acces to the source code you wont be able to have your answer

one last question remains : can you only understand a source code ? or at least an algorythm

nothing is perfect _ even if you party with pro_players_friends you can lose _ learning is painful .. always

GL HF !!