2 16.67%
  • Extremely Disappointed

3 25.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pele Initial Thoughts

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 491
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Because your job as an assassin is to dive the enemy backlines and delete their squishies?

which she is very much capable of with her 3 and her ult.

For an assassin "Initiation" doesn't mean you're initiating a teamfight by being the first one to engage, it means you actually get to a target that you should be attacking and don't just walk at the tank get CC'd for 5 years and die like a complete mong.

thats called diving, not initiation.

Usually, you try and couple it with a Warrior going in too, as they can cause some disruption as well as pressuring the backline while you delete the enemies Mage and/or Hunter.

Just walking at mages/hunters isn't going to cut it, not when most of them can CC you for days. Heck, even assassins that literally jump onto the backline can still get CC'd to death when they pop in with a CC effect and then follow up with more CC (For example, Rat ult into his Acorn stun, or Thana ult into silence, Thor ult > wall, Ne Zha sash > ult) and Pele's supposed to try that by just walking at them?

good thing your ult comes with a dash then. and if an assasin that jump into a teamfight gets cc'd to death it was his fault. you dont dive knowing all well that you will get nuked.

At the moment, Pele can devastate a team that's grouped up and locked down, such as in a Hades ult, Ares ult, Odin ult, Cerb ult... But that's not really a particularly enticing option for a Assassin, since your mage should be able to do that anyway while other Assassins will jump the backlines better or even help set those ults up (Such as by burning beads with Ne Zha sash, Da Ji ult, Merc stun/ult, Hun Batz ult etc)

she can dive just fine.
    just cus she isnt another carbon copy of other assasins does not mean she cant perform fine.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    just cus she isnt another carbon copy of other assasins does not mean she cant perform fine.
    Diving is usually the act of going into the back line while in sight of the entire enemy team. If the enemy is unaware of you it's ganking. I guess you could still call it diving if you went brain dead and chased people through two towers after ganking someone though.

To speak truthfully any god can dive perfectly fine with blink or an ult but that doesn't mean it's a good idea, a good god, or a good ability.
    If a god is a slave to their ult or blink to dive then they're not good assassins when compared to superior ones.
    Sure you can make as many shitty gods as you want to play in casuals but if you want to grow your esports scene where only the best of the best gods are picked unless banned then you can't have such niche picks or you're going to decrease their play time seen in top tier games.

Truthfully the only thing that needs to be changed is her 3. I won't go into details about what needs to be changed as it's not my job but just because you can walk up to people doesn't mean you're "fine" at diving. Sure you could gank but any god can do that, any god can walk up to the entire enemy with a glass cannon build and see what happens. She's more of a warrior then anything. Adding her ult that's a great diving ability to but that doesn't make her unique or "fine" it just means she's a slave to her ult just like arachne. Any god with a movement ability can do what her ult can do. Simply put, an ult bot.

This is all fine but just because bad gods can match up to good gods when they buy items doesn't mean the good gods can't buy items either.
    Honestly all of this doesn't even matter if you don't care about Smite slowly dying. But if you do care then you need to start balancing your gods better. Otherwise you get gods like Loki.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    I'm not a fan of her kit. I like the concept, but I think she would have been better as a mage than an assassin. However, I seen some players who really know how to play her well. Maybe one day I can learn how to play her but it doesn't interest me.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,148
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Getting a nice ult that hits 3-4 ppl is really rewarding and the sound effect is boss.

As for playing her I think core is Hydras as you generally don't have that much time to ham on someone, you go in stun + 1, auto, 1+auto and then leave or smth like that depending on how much time you got.

She hits hard and can initiate thanks to her 3+2 combo, gtfo out with ult or reposition with it, or if u have a big swing initiate with it.

I grew to like her more and more.
    Rocking the boat

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead ViciousDead's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Love her kit, the concept, and etc... Just her late game needs a small flat damage nerf, and early game a small flat damage buff. Also I wish her projectiles did a bit more damage on return(the current damage seems lackluster). Sustain and mobility seem great to me, but again I find myself snowballing every time in Arena: 17/9/12, 15/6/14, and so on. Typically kills and deaths about the same until 12 or 15 mins in, and then I just find myself destroying everyone and everything.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    OMG her passive is annoying I she's too fast LOL. She ran away so fast I was like damn you biach! Maybe one day I'll try to really play her.