2 16.67%
  • Extremely Disappointed

3 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pele Initial Thoughts

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor
    an assassin does not need initiation ability. thats what tanks are supposed to do. unless you meant ganks, but then her boosted 3 is more than fast enough.

im personally satisfied. her kit has some creativity in it, and balance-wise shes alright.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    an assassin does not need initiation ability. thats what tanks are supposed to do. unless you meant ganks, but then her boosted 3 is more than fast enough.

im personally satisfied. her kit has some creativity in it, and balance-wise shes alright.
    They do if they want a chance in hell of being picked over any other god that actually has an initiation.

Honestly she feels like a warrior and with the new mask I think I'm going to try building her bruiser or full tank lel.

Senior Member Prestigious zecleria's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 215
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaveana View Post
    They do if they want a chance in hell of being picked over any other god that actually has an initiation.

Honestly she feels like a warrior and with the new mask I think I'm going to try building her bruiser or full tank lel.
    why would you want to initiate as a squishy? do you wanna feed your brains out to your enemy team or something? its tanks job for a reason. an assasins job is to clean up the enemy team in a tf situation, which she is very much capable of with her ult.
    You may think all gods have huge amounts of courage, but only xbalanque has the balls to use them as weapons.

0.3 instead of 30% again.
    dont skip school kids.
    How to make arguments on forum:if you cant win an argument, call the other side trolls. Always works

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,004
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by zecleria View Post
    why would you want to initiate as a squishy?
    Because your job as an assassin is to dive the enemy backlines and delete their squishies?

For an assassin "Initiation" doesn't mean you're initiating a teamfight by being the first one to engage, it means you actually get to a target that you should be attacking and don't just walk at the tank get CC'd for 5 years and die like a complete mong.

Usually, you try and couple it with a Warrior going in too, as they can cause some disruption as well as pressuring the backline while you delete the enemies Mage and/or Hunter.

Just walking at mages/hunters isn't going to cut it, not when most of them can CC you for days. Heck, even assassins that literally jump onto the backline can still get CC'd to death when they pop in with a CC effect and then follow up with more CC (For example, Rat ult into his Acorn stun, or Thana ult into silence, Thor ult > wall, Ne Zha sash > ult) and Pele's supposed to try that by just walking at them?

At the moment, Pele can devastate a team that's grouped up and locked down, such as in a Hades ult, Ares ult, Odin ult, Cerb ult... But that's not really a particularly enticing option for a Assassin, since your mage should be able to do that anyway while other Assassins will jump the backlines better or even help set those ults up (Such as by burning beads with Ne Zha sash, Da Ji ult, Merc stun/ult, Hun Batz ult etc)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 418
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    She feels more warrior based to me. She's supposed to be an assassin but I had a hard time sneaking up on squishies. Did better building her as a warrior. Her fuel takes some getting used to. I found myself running out of fuel in the middle of a combo with no means of escape. Entirely my fault. Probably just need to move the fuel meter to a better spot on my screen.
    Her design is great. Cute but she'll cook you in your juices.
    Kit: 6/10
    Design: 9/10
    She's either going to be extremely op soon or just going to fade away like most assassins.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Her rotation in arena is pretty weird. She can peel and to some extent gtfo. She can single target and aoe. I had a lot of people run away with a few hp and I miss all ticks from her 1, which feels annoying and super akward. With more experience I reckon they won't run away as you will get those ticks on more. Comboing with her is really satisfying since knockup ain't on dr but unless you really get her down I think getting a lot out of her kit is hard. I got some nice scores a few games with her but not much thanks to her ult. I did get a quadra even vs a thanna, aphro combo, much thanks to my team though but also a perfectly timed 2 on my side.

Interesting for sure, different, nisch kit that doesn't have it all, I like it. Haven't played her or faced her enough to say anything about balance.

At the moment, Pele can devastate a team that's grouped up and locked down, such as in a Hades ult, Ares ult, Odin ult, Cerb ult... But that's not really a particularly enticing option for a Assassin, since your mage should be able to do that anyway while other Assassins will jump the backlines better or even help set those ults up (Such as by burning beads with Ne Zha sash, Da Ji ult, Merc stun/ult, Hun Batz ult etc)
    Well she is a mage assassin physical, you can combo her with a single target assassin mage like Ao Kuang and its all good I reckon. I like the fact she is some kind of aoe physical dpser, more variation ain't bad. We have enough single target phys assassins as it is. She is clearly a hybrid and would need a different then standard comp to do really well.
    Last edited by RockerBaby; 08-08-2018 at 08:18 PM.
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RockerBaby View Post
    Her rotation in arena is pretty weird. She can peel and to some extent gtfo. She can single target and aoe. I had a lot of people run away with a few hp and I miss all ticks from her 1, which feels annoying and super akward. With more experience I reckon they won't run away as you will get those ticks on more. Comboing with her is really satisfying since knockup ain't on dr but unless you really get her down I think getting a lot out of her kit is hard. I got some nice scores a few games with her but not much thanks to her ult. I did get a quadra even vs a thanna, aphro combo, much thanks to my team though but also a perfectly timed 2 on my side.

Interesting for sure, different, nisch kit that doesn't have it all, I like it. Haven't played her or faced her enough to say anything about balance.

Well she is a mage assassin physical, you can combo her with a single target assassin mage like Ao Kuang and its all good I reckon. I like the fact she is some kind of aoe physical dpser, more variation ain't bad. We have enough single target phys assassins as it is. She is clearly a hybrid and would need a different then standard comp to do really well.
    She's literally a warrior with assassin stats. Building tanky and just running into the entire enemy team and disrupting them does more for your team than you sitting in back line waiting for your team to deal damage only to need your ult up or blink to be able to effectively get to the person already running away after losing 60% of their health.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,613
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Its nice to have an assassin that isn't braindead or bloated out the ass with hard cc and mobility for once.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 355
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Pele is too weak, a single bit of CC his her and she's dead, damage is underwhelming, and the fuel is too low to really matter...

Look like Hi-Rez was too nervous about this because of Baron...

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,004
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by MakoMajo View Post
    Look like Hi-Rez was too nervous about this because of Baron...
    To be honest, it's not like Baron was the first OP god release...

It more seems like they just don't know how to make Assassins. Since Da Ji was also released in a state of suck and needed a bunch of buffs to get to her current level of "Okay"...

Also, Assassins as a class have the largest number of "Bad" gods right now (Ones that generally are Pub stompers and nothing more: Baka, Kali, Loki, Arachne and arguably Thana)

Seems that Assassin's lack of "Stereotype" is a hindrance to Hi-Rez's ability to make them...

Like, Guardians you just give them some hard CC and that's it. God works. Base stats carry them and the CC makes them able to support.

Warriors? Give them the tools to just punch you in the face for ever. Jobs done.

Mages just need skills with high scaling so their items can make them hit for infinity damage.

Hunters... Just need to exist and they'll be broken OP (To go deeper, look at Cern as a checklist of Hunter-y things. Wave clear? A CC skill? Escape? Impactful ult? Steroid? Boom insta-top tier Hunter)

Assassins though... Are a mixed bag. Since you've got basic attack assassins, you've got ability based assassins heck there's even Hun Batz who transcends the general "Do damage" idea and brings his massive AoE CC ult as his main strength (A polar opposite to the typical Assassin archetype which is to just burst down single targets...)

I mean, even Ravana's recent transition from Warrior to Assassin further blurs the lines of the Assassin archetype, since you now have ANOTHER bruiser type Assassin that can sit around being kind of tanky while punching people in the jaw and fulfil essentially a Warrior role.

They honestly could do with having a hard look at what they want to define Assassins compared to Warriors and balance them that way, maybe then they could get some decent Assassin releases that don't feel like weird Warriors or Loki's (Potentially even shifting the current "Bruiser" assassins into the Warrior category... Ravana, Cama, Thana, Fenrir and arguably Nem allowing the remaining "Glass cannon" assassins to be the defining gods in the role)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!