• Extremely Disappointed

3 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pele Initial Thoughts

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 46
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran

Pele Initial Thoughts

What are your initials thoughts on Pele?

I'm personally disappointed.

Junior Member Cupidhead XboxChito's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    tbh i feel like shes pretty balanced, when speaking of damage is kinda like thana, strong early-mid and hard damage drop on late unless you get very feeded in early, in teamfights she can blink and do the aoe knockup but she pretty much gets instakilled if she gets cc'd, since the 3 doesnt give her slow inmunity, so a cc'd pele is a dead pele,i think is one of the most balanced god releases they have made in time.

very satisfied

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I'm undecided at the moment.

Not really seen much from Pele that stands out as notable just yet.

I think, in part because she's not straightforward to build. Like, at base she's an ability Assassin right? With nice damage 1, 2 and her ult. But in order to really utilize her ult, she needs to land basics, so you want attack speed and sticking power (Both mobility and defence) to get those 3 basics off.

Which is awkward to build for and leaves her in an odd place where she doesn't scale like a normal ability assassin because you can't just stack power + pen or your ult just won't be very effective.

While you can't build ADC because you still rely on your abilities for damage because you don't have a basic attack stim.

So I dunno. I guess I'll have to see if anyone finds a decent way to build her. It may end up being that she's more of a combo god that works off other people's lockdown like a Hades ult or Odin cage that can keep players grouped up so she can cleave on them with her ult (The downside is she doesn't herself have anything to cause people to burn relics, which is generally what's needed for aiding combo gods so they can land their big CC ults)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Junior Member Cupidhead MakoUmbra's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Pele just feels... weak...

She could use a few very slight buffs in damage (mostly to late game), and some slight CCR on her 3's amp mode (it burns fast so I figure it would be pretty fair), and her passive could use some buffs in duration, but that's about it...

I see some people demanding nerfs for her, but I feel like this is just New God Stigma... she's nowhere as bad as Chernobog and Baron's releases...

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Tbh, I think she needs a stat rework to a warrior. She feels way more like she wants to be bellona/Erlang. Shes strong as is, but her early stat spread as an assassin does lend well to her bruiser like game play past midgame.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Boring abilities, low skill ceiling, extremely predictable and easy to counter. She is another Chernobyl imo.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Why do you need to hit your basic attacks to trigger the ult effect? Bakasura doesn't need that as well and it would help her a lot. She tries to be a frontline, but can't tank, since she's an assassin. Her 2 however has a CC effect that tanks only could dream off.
    Good god, wrong class!

Then again, that's just my "intial thought" that was asked in this thread, there might be more knowledge coming up soon.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Further to my initial, initial thoughts...

She's a slave to Blink. Like, without Blink she can't engage without using her ult. Since outside those 2 things her engage is to... Walk at enemies? Even with 20% speed from her 3 (Or 60% if you enhance it and want to run dry in like 5 seconds...) it just doesn't work. Since you just get slowed/rooted/stunned/knocked back and you then can no longer do anything and so you now turn around and retreat or you die.

If she can GET on a target, she can do some decent damage with knockup into double fireball but the issue is that engage.

Like, I always thought Arachne's engage was garbage since she also just walks at people, but at least she has slow immunity and a long ranged slow herself (But still, it's not great given how much non-slow CC there is too)

Quote Originally Posted by GoIdschuss View Post
    Why do you need to hit your basic attacks to trigger the ult effect?
    I always thought this was a little weird. Like, it makes sense if you still did normal basic attacks for normal basic attack damage to the initial target and the ult would just do its cleave off them. But it doesn't and you just do the ult cleave damage to the main target. Which makes crit builds useless (Otherwise, I think a crit build would be pretty good on her. Bit of crit, bit of lifesteal, bit of attack speed and you'd be able to dive in with your ult and delete a target while cleaving onto others)

Also, it irks me how her 3 interacts with Heartseeker. Will only proc once per activation so you'd have to retoggle it per proc rather than being able to stab away and get that nice proc every 5th basic... Another item that her kit kind of makes seem good on paper but in practice comes out lacklustre (I assume it can't continually proc it otherwise it'd constantly proc Crusher which would be OP)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Since you just get slowed/rooted/stunned/knocked back and you then can no longer do anything and so you now turn around and retreat or you die.
    It'd be nice to get slow/root immunity at least...especially after you enhance it.

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 850
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter
    ya pele doesnt play like an assassin what soever. needs to be a warrior. kit feels very clunky