Thread: alternatives to smite with decent MM?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Draemich's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

alternatives to smite with decent MM?

since the matchmaking here is terrible (90% of the time you get feeders afks and dcs in your team forcing you to hard carry every match to have a remote chance of winning) while people that ahould really be in silver or bronze gets carried most of their games to plat or above whats the best alternative games for smite with decent MM?

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Matchmaking has always been ass. Feeders and afk people have always been here. It's not the patch. It's the new people coming to this game not knowing the ins and outs. You should have to Rank V a god before you bring him into ranked.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Achievements:
    i disagree. the readon why matchmaking sucks is that it only cares if your team win or loses which has very little to do with how good you played the match. 90% is just luck getting good teams and/or afks dcers or feeders in enemy team. therefore the skilllevel between players in the same elo can be night and day difference and often is

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Draemich View Post
    i disagree. the readon why matchmaking sucks is that it only cares if your team win or loses which has very little to do with how good you played the match. 90% is just luck getting good teams and/or afks dcers or feeders in enemy team. therefore the skilllevel between players in the same elo can be night and day difference and often is
    That's how it's always been.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Achievements:
    yes and thats why the matchmaking has always been terrible. its broken by design because it ignores player skill

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Since Paragon closed down, there is no game similar to SMITE.
    Also try changing your mentality from: "I have to carry my team" to a "I want to help my team carry".
    Some supports such as Sobek hand over kills on a silver plate.

Senior Member Honoured Raptoriuzz's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 856
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    I'm gonna open you a very sad truth.

You'll find no game with amazing matchmaking.

You think Dota2 and LoL with HotS and Overwatch have a very amazing matchmaker? Go and find that out after playing those games for 2 years.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,026
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points
    If by "alternative to Smite" you mean a MOBA, then there isn't much to recommend in that field.

Most MOBAs nowadays are dead. Some that I can pull off the top of my head: Dawngate, Paragon, Infinite Crisis, Master X Master, and Gigantic. I think that if this shows anything, it's that there isn't really room for any more MOBAs then the ones that are already sitting at the top.

The only "alternatives" you'll have for Smite are the other dominant MOBAs. Those being: League of Legends, DOTA 2, and Heroes of the Storm. Haven't played it myself, but I heard that Battlerite is also worth your time.

The only other MOBAs that I can think of that somehow managed to survive: Strife, last time I checked (and that was a while ago), the game is still alive. Although it's on life support as it hasn't received any content updates in a long time. Awesomenauts, which seems to be somewhat of a cult MOBA since it isn't TOO popular but has a dedicated following. There's also Heroes of Newerth which is the "forgotten child of the original MOBAs" since it was among the first MOBAs but it isn't really popular despite having a dedicated community, probably because it just feels like a clone of either League or DOTA. Another MOBA is Vainglory which is exclusive to mobile consoles.

Well this is all I can say. If you don't like Smite then you should probably try out one of these. Because all the others are dead.
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,084
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Razrtongue View Post
    If by "alternative to Smite" you mean a MOBA, then there isn't much to recommend in that field.

Most MOBAs nowadays are dead. Some that I can pull off the top of my head: Dawngate, Paragon, Infinite Crisis, Master X Master, and Gigantic. I think that if this shows anything, it's that there isn't really room for any more MOBAs then the ones that are already sitting at the top.

The only "alternatives" you'll have for Smite are the other dominant MOBAs. Those being: League of Legends, DOTA 2, and Heroes of the Storm. Haven't played it myself, but I heard that Battlerite is also worth your time.

The only other MOBAs that I can think of that somehow managed to survive: Strife, last time I checked (and that was a while ago), the game is still alive. Although it's on life support as it hasn't received any content updates in a long time. Awesomenauts, which seems to be somewhat of a cult MOBA since it isn't TOO popular but has a dedicated following. There's also Heroes of Newerth which is the "forgotten child of the original MOBAs" since it was among the first MOBAs but it isn't really popular despite having a dedicated community, probably because it just feels like a clone of either League or DOTA. Another MOBA is Vainglory which is exclusive to mobile consoles.

Well this is all I can say. If you don't like Smite then you should probably try out one of these. Because all the others are dead.
    paragon was closed down
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!