Thread: I want to post constructive threads, I really do..

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 371
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

I want to post constructive threads, I really do..

But let's face it. The people that actually USE the forums are those that are intelligent, take tame to see the game's flaws and discuss how to fix it.

In the Real-Word... The majority bitches at each other and blames everyone else for a bad game even when they KNOW it's their fault.

SO this is Me, trying to be constructive.

How do we reach the ignorant people if they don't want to talk back???

Believe it or not I have the solution, but I sure would like to hear what yall have to say.

Feel free to close the thread as "August Rant Thread." ... After making a post just joking around about fixing the player's friend list....

I don't understand how a community so hell-bent on "community driven" is SO dependent on those who actually take the time to communicate. 776 people viewing General Discussion. Imagine how many are in queue for ANY game mode within Smite...

I made a game, I am making another one... I sure don't want my community to be full of 2k post juggernaut nazis...

Feel free to ban me now, No post I've made here, bleeding my heart out, has made a single damn bit of difference. Keep being monkeys that grunt at each other. I'm not even going to get back on the forums to see the ban.

You can't, fix stupid. But you CAN fix ignorance. And even if you're bitching, moaning and raising hell... If you take 5 seconds to say "HEY FOOL, why are you building "SOUL REAVER FIRST ITEM IN ASSAULT" to a Ymir... Well, I see the benefit and the playstyle needed... But does that guy who watched a youtube video for three minutes?

ima go be a drunk rich guy off in my own corner. I clearly have no fucking idea what I'm talking about... I only played the game a little bit. /end August Rant.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,735
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I feel like there's no hope in sight for the Smite playerbase. It's already attracted all the wrong people, and they're here to stay. They're toxic, they're stubborn, they're unskilled, and they don't give a shit about honing their skills or knowledge. Everyone's on the subreddit, and we all know that Reddit breeds idiocy. It's not just us, either--you should see the For Honor sub right now. Valkyrie got actual mixups now at the cost of, like, one; but everyone's up in arms about how they "ruined" her and "took away her identity." Same with the Smite sub--say something actually informed and intelligent, and you risk getting downvoted to oblivion. Mind you, these forums are cancer, too, but my point stands.

And I don't think this belongs in the rant thread, for once. This is more a post about how to reach out to the playerbase and help them help themselves.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 377
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post
    I feel like there's no hope in sight for the Smite playerbase. It's already attracted all the wrong people, and they're here to stay. They're toxic, they're stubborn, they're unskilled, and they don't give a shit about honing their skills or knowledge. Everyone's on the subreddit, and we all know that Reddit breeds idiocy. It's not just us, either--you should see the For Honor sub right now. Valkyrie got actual mixups now at the cost of, like, one; but everyone's up in arms about how they "ruined" her and "took away her identity." Same with the Smite sub--say something actually informed and intelligent, and you risk getting downvoted to oblivion. Mind you, these forums are cancer, too, but my point stands.

And I don't think this belongs in the rant thread, for once. This is more a post about how to reach out to the playerbase and help them help themselves.
    This is every fan base. People would rather bitch than see all the good. Toxic people kill every single fanbase for me. Star Wars, OW, etc. The worse thing a game can do is add a chat system. It is rarely used for anything other than shit posting and flaming. I've largely ignored Smite toxicity. I don’t want people ruining a great game for me. I do wish Hi-Rez would listen to us. After OB64 on Paladins, you'd think they would pay more attention to what people want. When things get really bad, they eventually have to climb down from their mountain and listen to the community.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The people that actually USE the forums are those that are intelligent

Are we visiting the same forums?
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 905
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Constructive =/ Emotional Drunken Ranting

I have some friends like this, meet to talk and rant about problems while drinking. It fixes nothing, them sitting there drunk n pouring their hearts out.
    Rocking the boat

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,084
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKeksalot View Post

oh hey man im a bad player but i try to get better by watching videos coming to forums and asking for stuff and spectating some of my friends when they play the game not everyone wants to stay bad i try to help my team in any way i can
    i even dont mind when people tell me im playing bad or im building a god wrong except for toxic players who only knows few words to say inlcuding "noob" "fk you" go kill yourself" etc etc for some reason i see these words a lot in smite tho i havent played a lot multiplayer games but yeah if i get messages like those from someone i just have to mute them cuz it affects my mental health

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    This is every fan base. People would rather bitch than see all the good. Toxic people kill every single fanbase for me. Star Wars, OW, etc. The worse thing a game can do is add a chat system. It is rarely used for anything other than shit posting and flaming. I've largely ignored Smite toxicity. I don’t want people ruining a great game for me. I do wish Hi-Rez would listen to us. After OB64 on Paladins, you'd think they would pay more attention to what people want. When things get really bad, they eventually have to climb down from their mountain and listen to the community.
    i agree toxicity sucks you'd be having a good time but then one player would just start flaming or ranting about anything at all ruining your day like there was one time there was a guy playing agni claiming all the kills we got were his and we stole them and then he flamed at us for a while and left the game >_>
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Maybe it would help if well-known Smite Streamers wouldn't be toxic as hell.

Senior Member Chosen Spartan219's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,084
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Conversation Starter 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by GoIdschuss View Post
    Maybe it would help if well-known Smite Streamers wouldn't be toxic as hell.
    looks at dmbrandon
    I know what I have become... I am the inside of this world... I taste the gore, and I smell the crying... AND I WANT MORE! I want to bathe in your flesh, I want to savor your fear. I wanna live inside a castle built of your agony, AND I WANT TO CRUMBLE IT WITH AN AXE TO YOUR CAROTID ARTERY!