Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where the Christians at?

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Schimeon View Post
    we dont need more pantheons, every other pantheons sucks (including polynesian, celtic, slavic and voodoo) they should have just stuck with the ones they had before
    Why limit god choices though?

If Hi-Rez come up with cool and unique designs for mythological figures from outside their original (Or rather, previous) pantheons, why not have them in game?

It's not as if a new pantheon being added somehow precludes previous pantheons from getting god releases, it merely opens up Hi-Rez's options for character designs, especially since unlike other MOBA's that are focused on original character designs Smite is restricted to only being able to create a character around an established mythological figure.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 755
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Why limit god choices though?

If Hi-Rez come up with cool and unique designs for mythological figures from outside their original (Or rather, previous) pantheons, why not have them in game?

It's not as if a new pantheon being added somehow precludes previous pantheons from getting god releases, it merely opens up Hi-Rez's options for character designs, especially since unlike other MOBA's that are focused on original character designs Smite is restricted to only being able to create a character around an established mythological figure.
    Because there are more important spots to fill, we don't even have the really top gods in the egyptian pantheon and in the hindu.
    Besides, this is a game based on gods and demigods, not mythological creatures.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,190
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Because there are more important spots to fill, we don't even have the really top gods in the egyptian pantheon and in the hindu.
    HR should add characters to the game based on how much they can add to it, not based on how famous or religiously significant some characters are.

Right, because we have no mythological creatures like dragons, spider thots, demons, hellhounds, centaurs, dwarves, fox girls, wargs, kappas, gorgons, squirrels, sea monsters, monkeys, or jotnar. Absolutely none at all.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 245
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    How does a new pantheon preclude that though?

I mean, if they didn't release Broken Samedi and Pele, they could have very well released other "Minor" deities from already established pantheons.

Also, I don't know about you, but when I'm in game, I care most about how the god plays rather than how noteworthy they are in the lore. I'd much rather they implement those "Major" deities when they feel they have a cool and fun kit that suits them, rather than adding them in for having them in the games sake.

Like, fun kits are way better than bland kits that people only give a damn about if they're overtuned (See: Cernunnos. He was talk of the town when he was OP, but when he got balanced like no-one plays him because his kit is just dull and feels more like they just went through a checklist of what makes a Hunter "Good" rather than making a cohesive kit around his lore)

Well, ignoring the fact that a large number of the "Gods" we actually have in game are not actual gods.

Note that I said mythological figures not creatures. Figures includes humanoids such as gods as well as mortals that are noteworthy (Such as mortals that were cursed by gods like Arachne and Medusa or ones that died but it didn't take like Guan Yu, Xing Tian and Jing Wei)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    we dont need more pantheons, every other pantheons sucks (including polynesian, celtic, slavic and voodoo) they should have just stuck with the ones they had before
    You have absolutely no idea on what you are talking about. All four have some of the most wild gods in all pantheons, especially slavic, nightmare fuel. To say a cultures gods suck is to say the cultures themselves suck. Get off your throne.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Senior Member Honoured VlentisFlyheightis's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Full Profile!
    While i would love to see a few members of the Sefirot and the four princes of Hell, i'd prefer they get the Shinto and Celtic rosters up to about 10 before we see a new "big" pantheon. As for why we're still missing heavy hitters from the likes of Egyptian and Hindu, is they're at the point of "how can we add another Thunder god and keep it fresh?" They can of course come up with something, but they want to be creative first.
    Ares stole Aphrodite from Hephaestus
    Ares killed Poseidon's son for rape and was aquited for murder
    Ares is both the Father AND Grandfather of the Amazons. Feel free to "EWWW"
    Ares turned a guard that failed to anounce Helios into a rooster
    Ares supported Trojans. Ares has a ton of kids

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 1,190
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by VlentisFlyheightis View Post
    While i would love to see a few members of the Sefirot and the four princes of Hell
    The problem with that interpretation of demon classification is that it comes from LaVeyan Satanism, which wasn't supposed to be taken literally as many other religions are.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 630
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Lemme just settle this argument with a concrete verdict: There's never enough pantheons; there's never enough gods.

Having more pantheons is always great, and all gods are welcome as well if they meet the criteria, as long as they're not extremely controversial that they could instigate riots or worse, have someone burn your car.

The criteria being that they are associated with mythology or religion (since some gods have actually existed once, namely Guan Yu), and that they are a unique entity, rather than a species.

And it doesn't matter how much lore a god has as long as have just enough to make them into a playable character.
    My Concept Hub

I tried to come up with a clever proverb for this signature. Sadly, this is the best I could come up with - Anonymous Philosopher (circa 800 BC)

Senior Member Honoured SquireAngel's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Personally, as a fairly devoted Christian, I would LOVE for some of the hosts of heaven and hell as characters in smite. There are mentions of the seraphim and beasts of the land and sea, with the demonic princes as well. Slightly 'unofficial', you have solomons book of demons as well.