Thread: Reward instead of penalize to incentive people to play rank

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Reward instead of penalize to incentive people to play rank

Its proven people react better to incentives than penalize.

Instead of taking points away for those who dont play rank in a given time...

End of season rewards and icons etc can be given by the highest rank obtain during the season.

So this helps people to keep playing even if they are about to lose rank so they dont stop.

This is how its done on Heroes of the Storm MOBA

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by AIGuardian View Post
    Its proven people react better to incentives than penalize.

Instead of taking points away for those who dont play rank in a given time...

End of season rewards and icons etc can be given by the highest rank obtain during the season.

So this helps people to keep playing even if they are about to lose rank so they dont stop.

This is how its done on Heroes of the Storm MOBA
    How much do I get payed for fixing smite again? your welcome

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Draemich's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    they need to adress the 12-36 minute waiting times between ranked conq first. 2nd they need to make matchmaking better its a disaster right now and have been the entire time ive played since late s2. being grouped up with players that literally are 3 times worse then you or people that dc/afk is not fun because it makes you loose the match regardless if you perform well or not.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Draemich's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 338
    Achievements:
    they should just remove the timed queues and revert back to how it was before. about the MM your elo loss/win depends on team rng and has almost nothing to do with your own performance. its a 5v5 afterall not 1v1. they need to make a formula that calculates how well you played and move your elo up/down based on that regardless if team wins or loose. 95% of the toxicity comes from uneven matchmaking forcing you to play with much worse players couse they had better rng with strong teams carrying them. so it is not suprising smite is so toxic every match.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Draemich View Post
    they should just remove the timed queues and revert back to how it was before. about the MM your elo loss/win depends on team rng and has almost nothing to do with your own performance. its a 5v5 afterall not 1v1. they need to make a formula that calculates how well you played and move your elo up/down based on that regardless if team wins or loose. 95% of the toxicity comes from uneven matchmaking forcing you to play with much worse players couse they had better rng with strong teams carrying them. so it is not suprising smite is so toxic every match.
    Your talking about very different things than OP

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 789
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The people I have met playing ranked are awful, toxic players with a high opinion of themselves just because they queue ranked.

Not sure how they'd fix that. I prefer casual, fun and very competitive games. Get more of those in non ranked.
    M3mphisMiles

We named the dog P0eP0e ...

Top Gods: Ares, Nemesis, Kuzenpwn
    ~~~

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by MemphisMiles View Post
    The people I have met playing ranked are awful, toxic players with a high opinion of themselves just because they queue ranked.

Not sure how they'd fix that. I prefer casual, fun and very competitive games. Get more of those in non ranked.
    They are the same people simply they dont care if they lose in casual. this is a solution

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    This was one of the reasons to why I got burned out of ranked joust was because of the penalization, and the frustration playing solo by being grouped with horrible players. It would stress me out so much that inexperience players join ranked, but they have no idea how play their characters or roles. I always wished that there should be a prerequisite that your char has to be ranked 10 for ranked games, but yeah that's never going to happen. This is why most solo que players are so frustrated even in non ranked games. In my perspective, ranked needs to have a higher prerequisite standard before you que ranked games, but then that may make longer que times. One of biggest frustrations was you have a char that's not even level 1, auto locks, and plays so terrible that the game is lost. It makes me ponder why do players auto lock a char they can't play, yet they think they will impact the game. Sigh..but I guess it is what it is...
    Last edited by Diamondrainn; 09-07-2018 at 04:23 PM.
    Diva Aphro, "Gurl bye!"
    That means Bye Biach!