Thread: skin effects affecting gameplay?

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead galvay's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 626
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran

skin effects affecting gameplay?

Skins are only new visuals that aren't supposed to change the gameplay.
    But don't you think they actually do on some occasions?
    Examples:
    Loki's Dashing Deceiver: you can't hear he's 3 too well. other skins have a very loud and clear 'haha' or similar. this skin however is silent and not very clear.
    Kukulkan's Dragon Rage: he's 3 is not as see-through as in other skins, so it blocks the view.
    one of Anubi's futuristic skins caused he's 3 (again) being extremely invisible on adventure arena at the time (okay- that's more the advenutre design issue than skin)

I think there could be more examples- those are just ones on top of my head, as I find them quite unfair whenever encountered.

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Some do affect gameplay.

That's why there are some skins that are banned in competitive play.

Off the top of my head, some skins that give slight advantages:

Apollo Secret Agent - He uses silenced pistols. As a result, his basic attacks are noticeably quieter. In addition, his ult has the chariot below him replaced by a helicopter above him, making his vision much less obscured.

Nutcromancer and Galactic Ah Puch - The hitboxes on his ultimate don't correspond with the graphics.

Dark Lord Sun Wukong - It's harder to tell which form he's in when using 72 Transformations since he doesn't become an Oxen/Tiger/Birb (In addition, the graphics are different to the hitbox)

Starslayer Anhur - His Impale is hard to distinguish from his basic attacks because of their sounds and animations.

Torment Bellona - Her VA makes it hard to distinguish the sound of her ult being used (Ironically given yelling "ROMA INVICTUS!" is near mandatory for serious Bellona players )

Miss Diagnosis Neith - Her Unravel skill has a vague outline making it harder to determine the exact area.

Child's Play Scylla - Her Crush is much less noticeable than on her other skins.

Snowman Geb - It's difficult to see when he's in the second phase of Roll Out (With the CC immunity) - It may have been fixed by now, but recently it was noted that it didn't show the CC immunity graphic at all.

Death Machine and Feaster Bunny Bakasura - The models are smaller than usual, as they were based on a previous Bakasura model.

Recon Artemis - Her traps are harder to see (In addition her ult is also smaller and more difficult to see)

On the flip side, there are some skins that are actively detrimental for the person using them - Loki's Infiltrator and White Death skins have a louder stealth sound, which travels with him briefly and Anubis' Demonic Pact actually had to receive a size decrease because it was so big it obscured the screen and made aiming impossible.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,151
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Yeah, sometimes the skins even get banned from usage in esports matches.

Senior Member Chosen RockerBaby's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 256
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I use medusa legendary cause here eyes flashing when ulting aren't as visible
    Rocking the boat

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 460
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    All Neith skins have different projectile hitboxes. Pirate skin has big projectiles, Dangerfield has tiny projectiles, Anime skin has huge projectiles, default skin is somewhere in between. I can't use Dangerfield even though I like this skin because it would put myself at a disadvantage.

Senior Member Honoured breakmyfutoffinu's Avatar
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 344
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    sunstar Ra silent ult only one I run evil grin lol. I hate when I get the whole raver skin team I can't tell who's using what ability they are too similar.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    The Nox Rave Skin is hard to play because I think her abilities are too bright LOL and I miss most of the time with her combos.