Thread: Loki Petition & Rework Ideas

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered

Lightbulb Loki Petition & Rework Ideas

This is a topic to go along with my Loki petition BUT is not actually a part of it. The petition is only about trying to show how many people believe Loki needs a fix, not what form that fix should take. Since one of the expected responses is that an example of such a fix should be presented, it is shown here but is not part of the petition. Others are free to submit their own ideas for a Loki fix.

This topic and the reddit are for discussion of how to rework Loki and is linked in the petition.

The following is how I think Loki should be redone based on the following:
    - As I understand it Loki's design is an old one from when Smite was a simpler game with less of the capabilities it has now, an example is how Lokoi's Decoy compares to Morrigan's and Sun Wukong's Clones, they are just better.
    - Assassin is the only class without a dual stance god and would best represent Loki giving him a bag of tricks to use.
    - Remove the God of Backstabbing bit, make him more like his lore using CC reflecting oratory abilities. He can still fight, just not the boring stealth backstabbing gimmick.

New Dual Stance Loki
    2 stances, Fighter and Stealth
    3 abilities listed with Fighter first, Stealth second

Passive
    In Fighter Stance basic attacks give Loki # Mana per hit.
    In Stealth Stance any abilities used do not break Stealth but Basic Attacks will force a switch to Fighter Stance.

First Ability
    Dagger Dance - Loki spins in place dealing damage to all enemies in an AoE around him.
    Impress the Gods - Loki Disorients a target through his smooth talking.

Second Ability
    Dagger Throw - Loki throws a Dagger that Stuns his target.
    Fool the Gods - Deploys a clone targeted to an area that Taunts any enemies on the way. The Clone does no damage, performs no attacks, has the same health as Loki and upon reaching the target area disappears in a puff of smoke.

Third Ability
    Dagger Disarm - Loki uses a skilled dagger attack that Disarms his target.
    Enrage the Gods - Loki fools enemy gods in an AoE into fighting each other causing Madness.

Ultimate - Stealth Fighter
    Loki can change stances between Fighter mode and Stealth mode.
    Passive - Fighter mode gains Penetration and Stealth mode grants increased Movement Speed.
    Last edited by Wildstreak; 08-02-2018 at 07:04 AM. Reason: add cross links

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    I feel that any Loki rework, at least to the scale of changing his kit completely, should include a transformation. Since, in the lore, the biggest, most important fact about Loki is that he has the unique ability to shapeshift into any other living thing.

Which does, awkwardly, mean that literally The Morrigan's kit is the epitome of what a Loki should be... She has deception thanks to her 3 putting out that clone that can occasionally be mistaken for her and she has that "Shapeshift into any other living thing" aspect with her ult that allows her to become any other god in the current match... Throw in her bit of stealth and burst damage and you even keep some of the spirit of current Loki there...

That said, an ability like Erlang Shen or Sun Wukong's 72 Transformations could still work, with the things he turns into being potentially anything and will depend on how exactly that ability would be made to work.

Also, I'd be wary about stacking too much CC into an Assassin's kit... That's a recipe for disaster (Also, a recipe for a more toxic and cancer god than current Loki and Baron combined... There's already so much CC in the game, we don't need a Loki running around with 5 different CC abilities...)

If I were to throw together some sort of kit though... I'd probably do something like:

Passive:
    Cheat Death
    If an attack would kill you, instead you spawn a Decoy that dies in your stead. You are put into an improved stealth that isn't broken by taking damage and are set to 15% health. This effect has a 240s cooldown.

Ability 1:
    Vanish
    Similar to the current one but with a few key differences:
    1) It now also provides upfront damage in addition to the DoT (Numbers to be balanced)
    2) The stealth is broken on taking damage (So smart Loki players can utilize it well, while bad ones will get caught out and revealed)

Ability 2:
    Decoy
    Similar to the current one but again, some key differences:
    1) Minions take damage over time while in its radius, rather than the burst of damage on its expiration.
    2) It has now a 7s duration instead of 3s.
    3) It can be reactivated to allow Loki to swap places with it.
    4) It reflects damage back (Percentage to be balanced)
    5) It spams laugh after Loki swaps places (Because trolololo)

Ability 3:
    Fatal Strike
    Loki throws a trick dagger at the enemy, which explodes on contact sending poison tipped daggers flying in all directions. Damaging and poisoning enemies within the radius. Poisoned enemies are slowed and take damage over time.

Damage and radius to be determined on balance.
    Slow percentage to be confirmed by balance testing.

Idea behind it, is to give him some poke in a teamfight. It also serves to give him a decent vessel for Brawler's procs which enhances his potential utility vs healing gods. Slow is a decent CC for him, since he still has good burst damage that hard CC is not something that works well to make him not infuriating to deal with, it also helps him escape especially with the assistance of his new Decoy teleport that can allow him to get out of the action.

Ability 4:
    Trickster's Treat
    Loki shapeshifts into one of three forms, granting various abilities (Functionality like 72 Transformations with each form being aimed at a different length)

Form 1 the short length ability:
    Giant Serpent
    As a giant serpent Loki slithers forwards and coils around the first target hit, stunning them and dealing damage over time.
    Damage (To be determined)
    Duration (To be determined)
    Potential CC immunity/Prots while coiled on a target?
    Gives him some target lockdown for teamfights

Great Wolf
    As a great wolf Loki gains movement speed and his basics deal increased damage, strike in an area and apply a bleed for damage over time.
    Damage TBD
    Duration TBD
    Speed TBD
    Gives him some teamfight damage, can also be used for ganks to get that extra damage out to secure a kill.

Grand Mare
    As a grand mare Loki gains significantly increased movement speed and is immune to slows and roots. While in this form any targets he moves into are knocked back and slowed.
    Damage TBD
    Duration TBD
    Speed TBD
    Gives him some escape potential, as well as AoE disruption.

Note: All 3 forms are a nod to his lore as he's the father of the world serpent Jormungandr and the wolf Fenrir. He is also the mother of the eight legged horse, Sleipnir.
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Hel, Janus, Jing Wei, Nike, Nox, Serqet, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post

If I were to throw together some sort of kit though... I'd probably do something like:

Passive:
    Cheat Death
    If an attack would kill you, instead you spawn a Decoy that dies in your stead. You are put into an improved stealth that isn't broken by taking damage and are set to 15% health. This effect has a 240s cooldown.

Ability 1:
    Vanish
    Similar to the current one but with a few key differences:
    1) It now also provides upfront damage in addition to the DoT (Numbers to be balanced)
    2) The stealth is broken on taking damage (So smart Loki players can utilize it well, while bad ones will get caught out and revealed)

Ability 2:
    Decoy
    Similar to the current one but again, some key differences:
    1) Minions take damage over time while in its radius, rather than the burst of damage on its expiration.
    2) It has now a 7s duration instead of 3s.
    3) It can be reactivated to allow Loki to swap places with it.
    4) It reflects damage back (Percentage to be balanced)
    5) It spams laugh after Loki swaps places (Because trolololo)

Ability 3:
    Fatal Strike
    Loki throws a trick dagger at the enemy, which explodes on contact sending poison tipped daggers flying in all directions. Damaging and poisoning enemies within the radius. Poisoned enemies are slowed and take damage over time.

Damage and radius to be determined on balance.
    Slow percentage to be confirmed by balance testing.

Idea behind it, is to give him some poke in a teamfight. It also serves to give him a decent vessel for Brawler's procs which enhances his potential utility vs healing gods. Slow is a decent CC for him, since he still has good burst damage that hard CC is not something that works well to make him not infuriating to deal with, it also helps him escape especially with the assistance of his new Decoy teleport that can allow him to get out of the action.

Ability 4:
    Trickster's Treat
    Loki shapeshifts into one of three forms, granting various abilities (Functionality like 72 Transformations with each form being aimed at a different length)

Form 1 the short length ability:
    Giant Serpent
    As a giant serpent Loki slithers forwards and coils around the first target hit, stunning them and dealing damage over time.
    Damage (To be determined)
    Duration (To be determined)
    Potential CC immunity/Prots while coiled on a target?
    Gives him some target lockdown for teamfights

Great Wolf
    As a great wolf Loki gains movement speed and his basics deal increased damage, strike in an area and apply a bleed for damage over time.
    Damage TBD
    Duration TBD
    Speed TBD
    Gives him some teamfight damage, can also be used for ganks to get that extra damage out to secure a kill.

Grand Mare
    As a grand mare Loki gains significantly increased movement speed and is immune to slows and roots. While in this form any targets he moves into are knocked back and slowed.
    Damage TBD
    Duration TBD
    Speed TBD
    Gives him some escape potential, as well as AoE disruption.

Note: All 3 forms are a nod to his lore as he's the father of the world serpent Jormungandr and the wolf Fenrir. He is also the mother of the eight legged horse, Sleipnir.
    I really love this concept.

Reworking loki is not a priority for Hirez, Im sure... But, he needs one. And this second one is what excite me most, even If that could be too much powerful, but at least, he could be playable finally XD Nice work!

(the first idea was nice too, but I read too much CC on him, He was like a cuchulain but assassin with 5 cc abilities XD But good job however.)
    Equità, Equilibrio e Giustizia, prima di qualsiasi altra cosa.

"Non sono le nostre capacità che dimostrano chi siamo davvero, sono le nostre scelte."
    - Cit. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Silente / Dumbledore

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead NeutralEffect's Avatar
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    Ability 4:
    Trickster's Treat
    +1

Although I'd say two forms might be better choice. I played Sun Wukong, and - at least for me - hitting his Tiger feels really clunky, especially when there's some kind of huge, shiny AOE around that blocks vision (think Fafnir + Bellona combo).

Senior Member Honoured Wildstreak's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 593
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMasterz92 View Post
    Reworking loki is not a priority for Hirez, Im sure... But, he needs one. And this second one is what excite me most, even If that could be too much powerful, but at least, he could be playable finally XD Nice work!
    I believe the main thing holding back a Loki rework is not Hi-Rez, it is all the Loki fanbois who want to keep what we have now.
    The reddit where I posted this was filled with virtol and people falsely claiming I was a noob who keeps getting wrecked by Loki.
    While I have learned to counter him, I also know from reading posts here there are more rational ones who know the truth.