Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Another "Nerf Loki" post

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,477
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakxcombat View Post
    Upon reading this I guess I'm a bit confused. The core of the argument is that loki can 100-0 you instantly which is true but at the same time there are plenty of gods that do the same thing? Thanatos you just ult on someone and press 1, Daji works almost the same as loki in a way, ne zha one sash and you're done, etc. I guess I see how it seems like he's the worst but as someone who plays loki and plays against loki there are tons of ways to counter him. Also if you're having problems fighting him, just play as him it seems like it should be easy but it's harder then you would think to play him without feeding uncontrollably and you can see what his weaknesses are.
    Wait, a user with a low post count saying something intelligent on this forum? Isn't that a sign of the apocalypse?
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Loki is just a god that is great when people are not on voice chat or don't understand how to play against him. That said, he's a ranked god for sure just like Ao is for kind of the same reasons.

There is no way they buff Loki without nerfing something else about him since he's not exactly the worth god in Smite. He's even good at Diamond and higher level of games if people are not on voice chat.

I don't see any changes happening to Loki.

A Tragic Product of Swedish Advertising Demigod SirKeksalot's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 2,477
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor 1 year registered 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuls View Post
    That said, he's a ranked god for sure just like Ao is for kind of the same reasons.
    Except Ao actually has a teamfight presence where Loki does not. This is why Loki is bad while Ao is viable.
    I tell people I'm bi, but what I really mean is [B] I O N I C L E

Muh Concepts

Junior Member Cupidhead NeutralEffect's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 276
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakxcombat View Post
    Upon reading this I guess I'm a bit confused. The core of the argument is that loki can 100-0 you instantly which is true but at the same time there are plenty of gods that do the same thing? Thanatos you just ult on someone and press 1, Daji works almost the same as loki in a way, ne zha one sash and you're done, etc. I guess I see how it seems like he's the worst but as someone who plays loki and plays against loki there are tons of ways to counter him. Also if you're having problems fighting him, just play as him it seems like it should be easy but it's harder then you would think to play him without feeding uncontrollably and you can see what his weaknesses are.
    I think no one here says that Loki os overpowered; he is just unbalanced. And infuriating to deal with, at least for me.
    And this is the point - there are very few gods who can spoil the game for me as much as Loki can. The difference is, most other gods in order to tilt me gotta have a really good player in control; Loki just needs to be mediocre in order to be irritating to deal with.

Example:
    Thanatos can delete me just as easily, but he isn't as irritating to deal with. There's a brief moment when he dives at me when I can pop Aegis and take no damage, and it's telegraphed by a loud sound. It requires good reflexes, though.
    Simultaneously, 90% of the time I'm gonna know exactly where to run from Thanatos, and know where exactly is he coming from - since he isn't invisible. And should he fail, he he cannot escape as easily, since even getting his slow immunity + speed buff (just like Loki), You exactly know where to land Your CC in order to lock him down.
    Thanatos obviously has his own obnoxiousness (Try jungling against him as a Thor, You gonna love it), but he isn't really as irritating to deal with, at least not for me - as he doesn't really force that much teamplay, and should he fail, he might not be able to ult out.

It's mostly about Loki being obnoxious when being played even by mediocre player, more than overpowered. I don't really think he is any good outside of Arena or maybe Siege.