Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: August Rant Thread

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

August Rant Thread

Finally not late this time So rant away
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Stop reporting me just because you hate Artio's cripple and stun. I'm only doing my job.
    XBL: Arsenal IV
    PC: DetriotSmash

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    So I actually want to rant about something good right now. I had the best Khepri I think I've ever had in a recent game, and I don't even remember if he ever put his ult on me, but he probably never needed to.

He would not, under any circumstances, allow the other team to backline or gank me as the mage. He body blocked and hovered near me every single time they tried. Also bonus points for the fact that we had matching cosmic skins. I should have added him. People like him are so rare. He was attentive even in the middle of a teamfight and always made sure I was okay. He was just the right amount of aggressive too. I'm so impressed.

Anyway, my next Khepri sucked of course and ulted himself while running away with over half health.

New Member Cupidhead muffinmanaf's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    So.... is anyone else in my boat with the new queuing style? I absolutely loved the multi-que function that they had. By far my favorite addition to the game. I am quite upset for the fact that they took it out, I like that they added the timer onto the que's but it becomes extremely frustrating when someone disconnects or quits in the lobby and you have to wait 4 minutes for that que to go off. Please bring back the multi-que function, it was wonderful!

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    "Why don't people buy anti-heal against Aphro?" I ask.

"Because people don't need it" my team replies.

10 seconds later, lose the game 200 tickets to 0 against an Aphro team.

*Sigh*

Can you please make it so that in order to play the game people need to have a positive integer for their IQ?
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Relanah View Post
    "Why don't people buy anti-heal against Aphro?" I ask.

"Because people don't need it" my team replies.

10 seconds later, lose the game 200 tickets to 0 against an Aphro team.

*Sigh*

Can you please make it so that in order to play the game people need to have a positive integer for their IQ?
    It's been a long while since I've seen an Aphro. Seem Baron is now a team healer, Or Hel seems to be the go to healer. Is Aphro still powerful? I remember seeing an Aphro just going ham on a team and getting a Quad.

List of Favorite Gods
    Bellona - Scylla - Khepri - Terra - Discordia - Artio - Ymir - Cernunnos - Ganesha - Sun Wukong
    Hachiman

The Mad Hatter Prestigious Relanah's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 938
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by ArsenalIV View Post
    It's been a long while since I've seen an Aphro. Seem Baron is now a team healer, Or Hel seems to be the go to healer. Is Aphro still powerful? I remember seeing an Aphro just going ham on a team and getting a Quad.
    Aphro is still the highest single target healing and still has Aegis/Beads as an ult.

But she's not as strong as she used to be, not since her healing nerf (Reduced scaling on her heal) and the removal of a useful Soul Reaver (Used to be meta build where you linked onto an Assassin and when they jumped on someone you'd Back Off for the Assassins burst + Back Off burst + SR proc)

Now she's kind of puttering about, still pumping out the heals and using her ults to nullify enemy ults on herself and 1 other target. But she's not so much the absolute late-game terror without anti-heal (I recall some of my builds used to heal tanks from like 5% life to full in a single birbs cast) and still has issues confirming damage outside of Back Off.

Essentially, it comes down to she's really strong against idiots who don't build anti-heal (I.e. My team >.> ) but with anti-heal in play she's the least versatile of the "Healer" gods because all she brings elsewise is her ult, especially with how finnicky it can be to get her stun to actually land and not just swap which ally it's linked to (Since the targeting heavily favours allies because she's a heal/ult bot...)

Sylvanus' wisps give prots even without Lotus Crown (LC just amps that aspect up, give your team 50 all prots for a fight for pressing 2? Yes please!) and he has his root and ult with his pull being gravy if you can land it.

Hel has 3 fairly damaging skills, an AoE mag prot shred that also slows, an AoE beads (Everytime I play Ares, enemy team has a Hel = sadface) and her AoE heal is also a speed boost - In addition she has that Power/Prots aura and is also the least affected by anti-heal because her passive 20% more healing (That in combination with Asclepius actually nullifies a single anti-heal item)

Chang'e still has 2 decent damage abilities, her inability to die and of course that amazing ult if you can hit it right.

Guan Yu has his prot shred/damage 3 and his ult - In addition to physical items like Ancille. Not to mention his CDR from healing allies.

Terra... Doesn't really use her healing very often. Generally her Monolith is placed just to smash it instantly for the AoE root. While her ult heal isn't the main reason you pop it (It's more that 5% damage reduction/more damage taken swing with the stone procs being just gravy)
    Preferred Gods:
    Aphrodite, Awilix, BAEllona, Da Ji, Discordia, Fenrir, Janus, Jing Bae, Nike, Nox, Skadi, Sol and The Morrigan.

We need more kawaii skins!

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Aphro:
    Anti-healing is helpful against Aphro because I should know she is my main char. Although her heals have been nerfed a bit, she still can excel if she has a good team. Most of her failings are due to bad team comps or just horrible players who can't play their character correctly or have no idea how to get into their roles. It's critical that both magical and physical anti-heals are bought bc if both affect her, the heals are dramatically reduced.

Terra:
    Her heals can really heal esp. if you play her as a bruiser or mage LOL. Her ult and monolith can heal a lot in time esp if she is equipped with the proper gear.

Hell:
    Is hands down the highest healer do to she can heal groups, and her cleanse is what makes her a true goddess.

Hell and Aphro:
    I love this combo because sometimes all the anti-healing in the world can't stop those two from healing esp late game.

Senior Member Honoured Diamondrainn's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 552
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran

Rant = The new Freya

I haven't tried her yet today but I can't stand her new game play. Like holy cow, her mana get's drain so fast that I can't even efficiently try to play her properly. I seen that the new patch fixed her a bit of her mana issue but will see if that helps. With her new game play, you are forced to get mana items vs attack speed so I'm unsure if I need to play her as an adc or burst mage.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondrainn View Post
    I haven't tried her yet today but I can't stand her new game play. Like holy cow, her mana get's drain so fast that I can't even efficiently try to play her properly. I seen that the new patch fixed her a bit of her mana issue but will see if that helps. With her new game play, you are forced to get mana items vs attack speed so I'm unsure if I need to play her as an adc or burst mage.
    You can't play new Freya like old Freya.

List of Favorite Gods
    Hachiman